“Old-fashioned charm, in a superb location”
Review of Wynn's Hotel

Wynn's Hotel
Ranked #37 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Old-fashioned charm, in a superb location”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Wynn's will never suit everyone, but I always stay there when possible during my business trips to Dublin. Its location is excellent, close to the Aercoach stop in O'Connell Street, within walking distance of Connolly station and with the LUAS stop right outside. The turnover of staff is extremely low for the hotel world, and they are universally helpful. The bar is always lively and one can either eat there or have a very reasonable meal (for Central Dublin) in the restaurant. The lift is slow (but immaculately polished), so is the service of cooked breakfast, but those are small sacrifices for everything else that the hotel offers. I'm just sorry that Wynn's was fully booked when I had to plan next week's trip to Dublin.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarum_Castle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Booked this after having read some reviews on Trip Advisor, all of which were very positive. I concur. If you want a cookie-cutter, McDonald's (Holiday Inn?) style hotel experience, don't stay here. However, if you want a quaint, authentically Dublin stay, choose Wynn's. It is like a place out of time, showing its age and filled with an assortment of odd and memorable characters, both staff and guests. Historic as Dublin itself (established 1845). Great location in the center of town (just north of the River Liffy off O'Connell Street), a five minute walk from the AirLink shuttle to and from the airport. Good value too, and a really nice breakfast with a cross between self-service (cold things) and table service (hot breakfast). Sure, the elevator is slow and the carpets are thin, but when we needed a bulb changed in the room, it was done cheerfully and before we could even turn around. Maybe the best endorsement - it was completely sold out the three days we were there.

Room Tip: I read many recommendations that front rooms can be loud with street noises - we had one and it was...
1 Thank jbmcnair
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Wynn's the first 2 nights of our recent trip to Ireland. The location really couldn't be better. The AirCoach from Dublin airport drops you right on O'Connel St. a block or 2 away from the hotel. Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived there at 1PM, but the front desk attendant was helpful and held onto our bags while we walked around the town for a while.

The hotel is very convenient to O'Connel St, Green HOHO bus, Temple Bar, Trinity College, and all of city center really. I didn't know that breakfast was included with our room, so that was a nice surprise. It was one of the best breakfasts that I had the whole trip, and the eggs benedict were great.

The hotel is a little bit dated, but charming. The room was on the small side, but there were window benches which provided room to lay out our bags. The bed was comfortable, but like others have said it can be a bit noisy if you are on the front side of the hotel. It wasn't a big issue for us though. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Wynn's Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel would be quieter.
2 Thank RF222
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very olde worlde charme Hotel right in the centre of Dublin.

Excellent service and staff are so helpful.We had a room on the 5th floor at the front of the Hotel. It's on a busy road and very noisy ALL the time, as in 24 hours, garbage trucks, street cleaners and the tram which is right outside the front door. The noises didn't bother me, but if you were a light sleeper they might.

Breakfast was excellent. We never ate there for any other meals so cannot comment on those.

The tram line is right in front of the Hotel, so there is no drop off access in front of the Hotel, you have to cross the road, which is no problem.

I loved the Hotel, it has an old world charm which I liked. I am in my 50's and I think I was the youngest person at the front bar when we went down for a drink lol

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, the front of the hotel is not for you
1 Thank robandden6562
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small no air con
But It's a nice hotel right in the heart of town. The breakfast is good and there is a good pub across the road.
The lifts are slow, we were at the back of the hotel so noise was not a problem. But you are next to the tram System so I don't know what the other rooms are like.

• Stayed August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Wynn's location can't be more strategic. It is very close to the Abbey Theatre, 10 mins walk from Trinity College and Temple Bar. Breakfast selection is good too.

The room I've got was the smallest on Level 5. The space between the bed and the bathroom door is only about the width of my luggage (about 1 to 2 ft I think). So was the space between the bed and the table.

But the location and the breakfast kind of make up for it.

Room Tip: I think I got the smallest room on level 5..room 532 I believe, or 523. Last room on level 5. Avoi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Wynn's Hotel August 21-26, 2013. Great location, very friendly staff. Room was clean but rather small and the shower compartment door is not for fat people. Great breakfast. There was a problem with the water and it was shut off 24 hours, but the staff took care of everything in a nice way. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo