“A gem for Solo Travellers”
Review of Wynn's Hotel

Wynn's Hotel
Ranked #37 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“A gem for Solo Travellers”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is brilliant for all travellers but for Solo's it ticks all the boxes , with special prices for singles. This included a full Irish waitress served breakfast in the lovely historic dining room, a delightful quiet clean well appointed single/double room, and helpful smiley staff. I was within walking distance of all the main sights and also close to tour buses, public transport,pedestrian shoping areas and the Abbey Theatre. Perfect.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Ardee, Ireland
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here overnight on business, so costs are not something I am aware of.

An old Dublin hotel just off O'Connel Street, with an imposing frontage, with a LUAS stop right outside.

Despite the wide front the hotel lobby was surprisingly small and the receptionists area was tucked away in a corner. The key card system prevalent in most hotels these days has not found it's way to Wynn's and an old fashioned key on a big brass key ring was handed over, charming in it's way but a bit time consuming having to ask for the kety every time.

We were on the fifth floor and this was reached either by stair or by the single lift, the lift is possibly the slowest I have ever come across and quite small, it's actually quicker to walk.

We had a double room which was more than acceptable, clean spacious, a well made bed and good sized bathroom, wif-fi was free.

After a late night with colleagues we had breakfast in the late morning. The buffet system of breakfast again prevalent in most modern hotels has not made it's way here. We had to wait some time to be seated and our order take. The staff seemed under immense pressure and unable too keep up and we were told by the floor manager that there was only one cook on. We ordered the full Irish and the menus and order were taken before we were able to say how we wanted our eggs done, coffee arrived without teaspoons or milk which we had to ask for twice as the first request had been met by a surly silence, toast arrived without butter.

The breakfast when it eventually arrived nearly 30 minutes after we first showed up was adequate, nothing particularly special but not bad either.

With a bit of modernisation this could be a really great hotel it has the potential, but at the moment it's an innefficient relic of a bygone age.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Eddie B
Perth West Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

After staying at the Wynn's Hotel when in Dublin two years ago, I did not hesitate to re-book again for 7 nights during my recent trip to Ireland.

I am delighted to now offer feedback that similar to my previous stay at the Wynn's Hotel, my overall experience proved to be pleasant and satisfied all my guest needs.

I find the Wynn's Hotel rooms are a good size. The room rates are are good value and not 'over the top' for an inner city hotel. The daily room rate also includes a varied selection from their 'Irish breakfast' menu.

The reception, breakfast and bar staff are professional, friendly and always provide excellent customer service.

The hotel location is ideal for either walking or catching public transport to see Dublin's many attractions.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Wynn's Hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jillmwright
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have just taken 54 of my theatre club to Dublin for the Dublin Theatre festival (highly recommended). We stayed at Wynn's Hotel. It was an excellent choice for all, with my three disabled people being catered for very well. The food, service, facilities (only slight problem is the small lift - only one), and particularly the central location. I can recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jane A
County Mayo, Ireland
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight in Wynn's Hotel, Dublin, on Sunday 27 and again on Thursday 31 October and had the most enjoyable of hotel experiences. From the moment one enters the hotel, you're made to feel extremely welcome. The staff are incredibly efficient, friendly and happy to go that extra mile to make guests feel comfortable. The rooms are spotless, tastefully furnished and well equipped, and the food in both restaurants was really first class - not to mention the excellent service in both bar and restaurant. The absolute convenience of staying right in the centre of Dublin in an affordable hotel of such high standard, is certainly a bonus not to be missed. Sincere thanks to management and staff of a very special hotel that we're proud to call Irish.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mary Maureen H
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I always stays at Wynn's Hotel, when I visit Dublin. I have always found it to be very good value for money. Very helpful staff, nice clean rooms. The breakfast is great. I have never found noise to be a problem and I always ask for a room facing the street.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were in Ireland for a wedding and we stayed 4 total nights at the Wynn. The staff is remarkable at this hotel. Every request was met with a cheerful response. They made you feel like they were very glad you were staying with them. I can't say enough good things about the employees.

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms have smaller showers. Some have jetted tubs with showers that give you a lot more...