1,416 results
All reviews o'connell street lower abbey street abbey theatre jacuzzi bath temple bar tram stop city centre historic hotel full irish breakfast luas line perfect location breakfast was excellent night porter continental breakfast street noise quiet room trinity college
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Wynns hotel Dublin. The hotel was very central to the heart of Dublin and the G.P.O. It was a modern hotel but had an old world feel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff were helpful and courteous. Will definitely be staying again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had room 253, a four star double room that contained a queen and a double, and stayed with a friend on the trip for two nights. The prices are moderate, and you get what you pay for.

The room overlooked the busy Abbey Street in the center of town, and was about a fifteen minute walk from several major attractions. You will always have something to do and exercise to achieve.

They offer a full continental breakfast and Irish breakfast every morning incurred with the facility cost, and offer a full range of options from a full Irish Breakfast to a Vegetarian Scramble. You are also no more than a five minute walk from many local restaurants and bars that all offer cheap to moderately priced meals.

The housekeepers and kitchen staff all prided themselves on creative and prompt service. For instance, I accidentally poured tea into my cup, expecting coffee, and they walked by and offered me an entirely new cup. The maids made the bed fresh every day, deep cleaned the room, and dropped off new toiletries, even though we still had some left over from the prior night. The front desk attendants provided a wealth of information on things to do in the area, and made sure our room keys were kept safe when we left the facility.

There are several amenities offered in the hotel, including a pool and a bar. Trinity College and the Christ Church are two major attractions that were only a 20 minute walk or so away.

Although the toiletries werent top quality, they were functional and well worth the extra. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of sheets to keep warm with and the television had about thirteen channels in four languages.

Overall, staying at the Wynn's hotel was a great experience. I recommend it to anyone who is keeping up on city life in Dublin.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn G
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We stayed here overnight, needing to catch a train early the next morning. My father stayed here on his visits to Dublin many, many years ago and I recalled the Wynn's as being a cozy, elegant hotel. So despite the inflated central Dublin room rates I booked a room for the sake of nostalgia.

The Wynn's iconic wrought iron exterior which is its trademark is well maintained. It still has a touch of interior elegance, the reception area featuring marble and polished mahogany has been wonderfully preserved, as has the large mirrored dining room. The halls are nicely carpeted and have a Victorian personality, with lots of molding on the walls. Our room was very quaint, if on the small side. The bathroom had been recently updated and was sparkling clean. An immediate problem was a rattle under the sink everytime an upstairs room turned on water, which turned out to be a flexible metal pipe vibrating against the drain (I fixed with a wad of toilet paper). When I pulled aside the drape covering the window I was looking at the building's central shaft with other room windows looking back at me. No big deal, I was here to get some sleep, not admire the view.

From the sound of it, It was apparent that some seagulls also resided somewhere in the shaft. It was now 9pm and we climbed into bed exhausted. The seagulls were screaming in the shaft. I set the alarm for 4am and assumed the seagulls would quiet down before long. 10pm came and the seagulls were louder than ever. The shaft magnified the noise. Came 11pm, midnight, 1am and the %*#%*#^ seagulls were still partying! I finally got to sleep sometime around 2am.

I hate to give an otherwise acceptable hotel 2 stars, but this stay was one of the most aggravating I experienced in a long time. Wynn's: you need to do something about the seagull rookery!

Room Tip: Dublin is a very noisy city after dark. Not sure there is a good room for quiet. Abbey Street is not the most picturesque -
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank achesnpains
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Wynn's is a hotel I've walked past countless times in Dublin and when we saw a good deal on their website we decided to check it out.

We were in to 534, apparently recently renovated and I have to say everything about it was perfect- great bed, excellent bathroom, spotlessly clean and had all you could need.

The hotel itself is historic and quite old in style, from what we saw some rooms are still very basic but if they're all renovated to the standard of ours it would still suit the character while giving modern facilities.

It's definitely catered towards an older crowd but it wouldn't put me off going back. Have to give a special mention to Claire on reception, she had a genuine welcome for everyone. She was always happy to help and her personality really added to the stay- a perfect ambassador for the hotel and traditional Irish hospitality.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Wynn's Hotel, which far exceeded my expectations in quality, service, and location for the week I spent in Dublin. The room was spacious and clean, and I had no issues with excess noise. The location was within walking distance from everything I wanted to see in the city, and the hotel's own bar and restaurant were exceptional. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating as well. In particular, receptionist Claire went above and beyond expectations to help with questions, besides being one of the most attractive women in Dublin! The next time I visit, I will undoubtedly book another room at the Wynn's!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple