“Perfection!”

Ranked #42 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Peru
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

First and foremost, the incredibly friendly and helpful staff go above and beyond making each guest feel as if they are the only ones staying there. We had a lovely,cozy room with an old world romantic feel. The house is located on a quiet street and is a 10-15 minute walk to shopping, restaurants and great pubs. The bed was extremely comfortable. We stayed at four different B&Bs/guest houses during our trip and the Kilronan House was by far our favorite. (September 2011) If you stay, by all means, order the pancakes for breakfast, they are decadent! We had to leave early in the morning to drive back to Shannon (5:30am) and the staff pulled our car around the night before and parked it right in front of the door for us, gave us our keys and checked us out the day before. They then insisted on making us Irish coffees for a good night sleep before our trip in the morning. They wanted to have coffee and breakie ready for us at 5:30 but we had to beg them off as we didn't want to impose and we really had to be on the road. The staff gave us a great recommendation for dinner (Foleys) and helped plan our tour of the city. We were very impressed with our overall experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor with a double bed. It was quiet and free of the street noise. Our neice...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hikker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New Westminster
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at Kilronan one day in Aug. 2011 and a couple days later in Sept. 2011. We arrived very late both evenings and we thoroughly welcomed and carefully settled in. We left too early for breakfast one day, however the day we had breakfast it was simply outstanding....the best omelets. Nice clean room and friendly, helpful staff. Stay here if you can.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My family and I had a good stay at the Kilronan when we visited Dublin this summer. Our room was beautiful and the place was pleasant and well-located. In general the staff were helpful and attentive, and the place was clean and well-kept.

Good points:
1. Definitely absolutely hands down the best breakfasts we had on our trip. In fact, the best porridge I've ever had in my life. It was nearly transcendant--somehow both creamy and light. Everything else was great, too.
2. Despite some minor frustrating experiences with the staff (see below), our interactions with them overall were very pleasant and they seemed really interested in making us as comfortable as possible.

On the complaint side:
1. The beds seemed to be of low quality, and I woke up after my first night with a sore neck that lingered for two weeks.
2. Staff not always helpful, illustrated in two instances: First, we were anxious to use the half-day after our arrival to begin exploring Dublin, so the kind woman at the desk offered to give us some information and guidance. She began by serving us tea, and then left for a moment...and then forty-five minutes, after which we sought her out. She wanted to give us time to "chill out" after our arrival, which we had not requested, and ended up wasting our time. Second, we asked for a restaurant recommendation from a couple of the staff who were hanging out by the front desk one evening and they were unable to confidently advise us. The place they ended up sending us to was very mediocre.
3. Unreliable wi-fi access, and only available in the common spaces as far as we could tell.

Overall it was a good stay, and I would recommend it. However it is a bit pricey considering some of the things they need to brush up on.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Evan M
Peterborough
Reviewed 13 September 2011

georgian houses in a leafy street, shabby chic, but so welcoming and breakfast is amazing! try those pancakes! near enough to walk into town, they will give you a map and directions, parking strange, you leave them your keys , they then park it down the side of house, they keep keys so can move it in and out as neccesary. The staff on reception couldn't do more to help. We loved the place!

Room Tip: We had room 2 in house 68 it's enourmous, great powerful shower too
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanePeterborough
Cork
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I was travelling alone for an exhibition and booked my 2 night stay in Kilronan House through an external booking website.
On Checking in I was welcomed with pretty surroundings and a warm welcome from the staff member who offered me a cup of Tea or coffee. He checked me and and helped me with my bags to my room on the first floor. The single room I purchased and paid for in advance was classed as 'an economic' room but it was far from 'economic'. It was an absolutely exquisite room at the front of the georgian building, with high ceilings and decor in keeping with the traditional style. A double bed with lavish furnishings and lighting, it was a cozy and comfortable and had a shower and sink- the only issue I had was that the room did not have an en-suite toilet. The external site where I made the booking did not mention this at all and the staff member apologised profusley and informed me that they were fully booked so unfortunately could not move me. He offered me an Irish Coffee and was very nice. I slept very well in my suprisingly quiet room (even with the window open given that It was at the front of the building with the road outside). The following morning (after a gorgeous breakfast from an impressively long breakfast menu- you name it, it is there and is stunning. Full Irish, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, fresh fruit salad, pancakes, yoghurt, toast, all the juices, tea, coffee... the list goes on) another staff member informed me that they could move me to a room with an en-suite. This room was stunning and in the newer part of the hotel. It had a huge ensuite with shower and velux windows with electric opening/closing & blinds.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin. It is great value for money, they have free parking in the lane alongside the building, the food is AMAZING, rooms and decor are stunning and all of this is a mere 10 minute walk to Grafton st. I will certainly be booking in to stay here on any visit to Dublin.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel so you have all the details. If not, double check with the external bo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JConroy
Bern
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Our room was dusty and old-fashioned. The bathroom in particular was really tiny and dirty. It was so tiny there was no way to fill the kettle in the room. The walls and corners had black stains on them so it was disgusting to have a shower there. Apart from that, the breakfast and service were ok. But I am sure there are far better places to sleep in Dublin, at a far better value.

• Stayed August 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed at the Kilronan as a family of 4. This was the perfect location from which to explore Dublin on foot. It is very centrally located and yet quiet, in an elegant part of town. It is clean, comfortable, friendly, and offers car parking (another crucial ingredient for us). Fine and ample breakfast. We came back here at the tail end of our trip for another 2 nights - and the experience was even better, with a more luxurious room and a real personal touch.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family