“ok for one night”
Review of Clifton Court

Clifton Court
Ranked #139 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here just one night after returning from Edinburgh and with just one night stay in Dublin before returning home. Note that there are a set of stairs as you enter before you get up to the reception area. I did write them before my trip asking for a lower floor room and they did oblige. The staff were courteous, and check in process is very easy. The rooms were very clean but it is an older hotel and extremely dated. There were plenty of fresh towels and a fully stocked coffee/tea area with kettle. Room lighting was very adequate. You have to ask for the remote at reception, as they do not leave it in room. There are really great blackout curtains but here is where my concerns come up: ***Immediately upon entering the room, I noticed an electric heater sitting there on the floor. I am very surprised that this would even be allowed and am puzzled that this would not be a great fire code violation. I know not to leave it on at night or unattended, and I did have to turn it on, as it was a very windy, cold, and rainy day in Dublin and the small wall heater(that is up against the curtains) was not adequate. I worry that other guests may leave this on at night. Also, although the blackout curtains are very thick, there was such a huge huge light that shown through into my room from the hallway into the door of the room! What kind of protection would one have against a fire in the corridor if the smoke and flames could seep quickly through that door? It was as though the door was far too small for the frame bring all kinds of light into the room. I mean, the room was bright and I could see objects in my room at night from all the light coming through the door to the room. Not very safe. This doesn't have a cozy feel and I actually left early the next morning because it was not the kind of room that one could feel relaxed in. There is a Jimmy Chung's next door and the odors coming through into the hallways made you want to plug your nose until you got to your room; rather nauseating really. Corridors are very very narrow. All and all, if you just need a place to hang your head for one night, it is fine but not a place I would choose to lounge about in. Bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: no lift so ask for a room on one of the lower floors if that is a problem. I did this beforehand an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Clifton Court

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful in ideal location just a stones throw from both o connell st and the O2 concert venue. Fantastic value for money. Has been done up since our last vist. Stairs are bit of a challenge if staying on floir 3 and up but will def stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

There were 20 of us staying for my sisters hen party weekend, the location was ideal for everything we wanted to do. There are a lot of stairs so not ideal if you struggle with your breathing. The rooms are very clean and basic but for the price it was fantastic value & all the staff were great.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights from Wales, didnt know what to expect, reminded me of a cheap B&B in Blackpool, road outside was very busy, even at night, window sounded like it was open (when not) so traffic could be heard all night. Rooms were basic, needs work doing, repairs to bathrooms etc, breakfast was ok, not great but did the job! Food in Lanigans bar was again just ok. Friendly staff, helpful but I dont think I would head back in a hurry. We were situated on the top floor so had a ridiculous amount of stairs to climb several times a day! No lifts. I woulnt advise family stays - students, singles or maybe couples but not familes.

Room Tip: Dont ask for a room front facing - too noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The music and dancing is brill every weekend.
lots of friendly faces.
we always have great nights
hotel and bar right in the middle of the great Dublin nightlife.

taxi outside door to fall into..no walking.
ha ha

Sheila and Mary

Room Tip: right in the centre of Dublin
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank marymc2050
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed for one night and was exactly what we needed. Really nice decorated room with a gorgeous view of the river. Had some problems with heating but receptionist was quick to come up and help us turn the radiator on. Only problem was that we were four flights up narrow stairs with no lift, but that didn't matter too much. Right in the city centre, perfect for travellers!

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Hotel, well its not the Ritz, it made us laugh. But what do you expect with the very low price. we booked into this hotel cause there was a birthday party for a family member in Lanigans, it was fine it was cheap and safe. no complaints from any of the family, some of the rooms are much better than others. its very central close to everything in the city there is an underground car park around the corner was very cheap Irish life mall car park.
Enough of the hotel.
Lanigans bar is a gem loved the place can not fault it in any way., I can't get over how friendly the staff were, not just one or two of them all of them, they bent over backwards for us. Words can not express the good thoughts I have for these good people who work in this amazing place. The craic we had was mighty the sing songs of old Irish music was just brilliant brought me back to when I was young. great place to host a party.. well done guys..

Room Tip: Ask them for a good room. This hotel is so Central to Dublin City.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends