“Weekend in Dublin”

Ranked #59 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Weekend in Dublin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked this hotel through Aerlingus. Delicious full Irish breakfast, nice location not so far from the center, staff is friendly and helpful.
Live Irish music on Friday evening. Good for a short visits.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emanuele F
Marleen_Hermann, Customer Relations at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Emanuele,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Castle Hotel. I am delighted to read that you were so happy with your stay and that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel. Moreover I am happy that our staff member have been looked after you so well. We would love to welcome you back at the Castle Hotel within the near future.

Marleen Herman, Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our room was a converted dormer; charming for me but my husband could not stand upright in the tub/shower without hitting his head. I window, from the ground to about 3 feet up; you had to bend over to look outside. I liked it; the old wallpaper, the creaky floors, the odd steps and weird fire doors. Expected from a renovated Georgian mansion. Lovely Irish cooked breakfast. Had dinner the last night and it was very good. Very surprised at that! The hop on/off tour buses ended across the street or started a few streets down. Could walk to almost every sightseeing destination, so, we enjoyed the location. Staff was lovely. There is a baggage room to hold your belongings while you wait for your check in time; we explored the city and it worked out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this wonderful review about the Castle Hotel. I really enjoyed reading it and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay so much. Moreover I am glad that you have liked the food as well as the friendliness of our staff. I am sorry to read that your husband had some issues in the room. The room you have been booked was one of our basic twin rooms. Unfortunately they have a lower ceiling as a standard twin rooms of our hotel as well as the windows are quite low. So please make sure when you are staying with us again to book a standard or superior room in order to have more space. We would love to welcome you back at the Castle Hotel within the near future.

Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked - at short notice - through booking.com and got 3 nights for £154 including full Irish breakfast. Now, this is a capital city and the hotel is central. How brilliant is that?

Plus points:
it's in walking distance of a whole load of interesting stuff - at the top of O'Connell Street (oh - and I'm not exactly youthful).
the staff is fab - friendly, helpful, good humoured
the rooms are comfortable but not luxurious - but at just over £50 a night on my deal, better value than a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn
the bar is nice - in the basement - and smoking is not in the street (I am a smoker)
the live music was very good and not overpowering
the bar prices are OK

Minus points:
the shower in my room was HOT or COLD. Nowt in between
dinner - I'd go somewhere else to be honest
breakfast isn't freshly cooked - but it is certainly generous and the waiting staff is lovely - very attentive

Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: You can book a smoking room, but I think they are all on the top floor - not a problem IMO My room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Marleen_Hermann, Customer Relations at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Beth,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this wonderful review about the Castle hotel. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the entertainment, the friendliness of our staff as well as the comfort of our rooms. Moreover I am happy to read that you would definitely stay with us again in future. I do apologize for the issue you have had with your shower. Can you please contact me direct under info@castle-hotel.ie in order to discuss this problem? I am also disappoint to read that you didn’t enjoy the breakfast as it is freshly cooked every day but on the other side I am delighted you have enjoyed the service. We would love to welcome you back at the Castle Hotel soon.

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

A pleasant hotel within walk distance to the Centre. Suitable for a short visit. Breakfast room rather crowded in the morning. Staff is friendly and helpful. Live Irish music on Friday evening was really great. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floors are small. You can hear your neigbours.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Miroslav,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at the Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as that our staff members have looked after you so well. I do apologize for the experience you have made during breakfast. Unfortunately it happens, especially on the weekends, that many of our guests are having breakfast at the same. Therefore I am happy to tell you that we are extending our restaurant facilities at the moment and these problems will be solved soon and you will be able to enjoy a quite breakfast. We are looking forward to your next stay at the Castle Hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

A really good hotel, perfect for a long weekend and in the perfect location, friendly helpful staff. Some places of interest right on the door step and bus stops within a five minute walk. The bar found in the Vaults was great and fab live Irish music playing Thursday and Friday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bogge27
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Castle Hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay so much and that you have experienced a great time in our bar with the live Traditional Irish music. We hope to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Had a long weekend with my friend the room had every thing in we needed very clean. Breakfast was manic but once you got a table food was good. Staff very helpful and friendly.We had a meal at night in the resterant which was also very good

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lindsay c
Dear Lindsay,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay at the Castle Hotel. I am pleasant to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff members have been looked after you so well. I will forward your kind words about your meal you had at the restaurant to our chef. We would love to welcome you again at the Castle Hotel.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was our third time back to the Castle Hotel and like my previous 2 trips i could not fault it. We arrived on Friday Morning around 8am and our room was ready immediately, which was a nice touch after our flight. We found the room/bathroom clean and loved that the windows were open to let the fresh air in! :) The bar downstairs was always welcoming with Irish charm and the live music on Saturday Night was a great touch. The Hotel is literally a 2 min walk to O'Connell Street and within a 10 min stroll you can be at Temple Bar! The Reception Staff were helpful and efficient. On Sunday we entered the breakfast room at 9:45am, i was apprehensive that we would be rushed as it finished at 10am but the staff were more than accommodating and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast. As before i thoroughly enjoyed my time in Dublin & my time at The Castle Hotel, i will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Explore_Cities84
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this excellent review about the Castle Hotel. I am delighted to read that this was already your third stay with and that you have enjoyed your stay so much. It is also great to read that you experienced great customer service. I am sure all of our staff member will be very happy to read your nice words. Many thanks again for your feedback and we are looking forward to your next stay at the Castle Hotel. Please contact us direct under info@castle-hotel.ie and we will be able to give you the best rate we have available.

With kind regards