“Cheap & Central...”
Review of Park Inn Dublin

Park Inn Dublin
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Park Inn Dublin
Ranked #108 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Limerick, Ireland
“Cheap & Central...”
Reviewed 8 October 2007

Very central, few minutes walk from town -- breakfast was good. Room is small but funky. The sink in the room is a bit weird but it's all right -- not a big hassle. Will stay again if I need to stay in the city centre. Prices are very cheap!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — no minibar
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Anglesey
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Reviewer: Dragon33, Anglesey
My partner and I have just spent a night at the Park Inn after deciding on a last minute trip to Dublin. The hotel was far enough out of the city centre to be away from the hustle and bustle but still within easy access by bus or tram (Two stops away).
The room was clean, comfortable and far from conventional in its decor but not negatively so. The overall standard was much better than similarly rated hotels in Dublin and was good value for money.
The breakfast was acceptable, but only just! Don't stay if you are looking to experience the legendary Irish breakfast-you'll probably never go back to Ireland!
I spend a quarter of my working life staying in hotels so this review is based on the real world not unrealistic expectations.
We would definitely go back to the Park.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed 5 September 2007

My brother and I stayed here for two nights. It wasn't the priciest we encountered on our trip, but it wasn't the cheapest. It was a nice place to sleep after a long day in the city, and the location was amazing, we couldn't have been happier. Nothing really to complain about, though the Dubliners there at first didn't seem that warm and cuddly. Breakfast was just okay. In and out without much difficulty. I would stay again, but I would take a B & B first.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Marzipan87
Lurgan, Co.Armagh
Reviewed 28 August 2007

This contemporary hotel (part of the Raddisson Group) is simple and quirky. It is located in the Smithfield area of Dublin which we though was a bit of a slog when we first arrived ( 20 mins walk from O' Connell St). But then we found the Luas Tram line. This new tram service for Dublin is brilliant and is 2 mins walk from the hotel. Hop on and hop off 3mins from Smithfield to Jervis St.

The hotel room is different with all amenities and clever design features (as you'll find with all Raddisson Hotels). Breakfast was Buffet affair with all you wanted and staff were friendly. I would have no problem booking here again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The distance (Before we discovered the Luas Tram)
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Belfast, N.Ireland
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Reviews like most of the ones on here baffle me. From the hotel website you can clearly see images of a modern conversion of an old brewery building - so you're looking for grand four-poster five star luxury style, then try somewhere else. This one is definitely on the cheap and cheerful quirky side. Apparently the hotel has a viewing tower which unfortunately was closed during our stay.

I got a great rate on a very comfortable room. Yes it's modern and yes it'll probably need repairs quite soon, but as a 3 star in the centre of Dublin it was great value. Staff friendly and helpful and breakfast just as you would expect - not great, not terrible either.

Would definitely stay again as it is so convenient and good value and the free wifi meant using and saving google maps to find my way around was easy.

NOTE to reviewer who was dashing between rooms to wash his hands - that is what the the shower containing hand and body wash was for (mind you I made the same mistake myself first time :-) )

• Liked — Location and funky style
  • Disliked — One way system made finding the car park difficult even tho it's practically opposite the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Finland
Reviewed 3 August 2007

I stayed in this hotel with my husband for 5 nights in june.

This hotel is good for your vacation, if you do not have a lot of expectations for a hotel and just want a place to sleep in. Although, it´s fairly expensive for just a-sleep-in-hotel, I think.

Something that at least I didn´t know before arriving, was that almost everyone in staff are trainees and students, many from different countries. It didn´t bother me any other way, but the fact that some people of the staff weren´t able to understand english well enough was unbelievable. Also the service in reception as well in the breakfast area was extremely slow. Some of the staff were very rude, some very nice.

The rooms are OK, but as almost everybody else here tripadvisor, I thought it was strange that you have to first go to bathroom - and then to the bedroom for washing hands after using the toilet. So the sink in the bedroom -solution does not work for my opinion.

The carpets had seen their better days as well as the blankets on beds. The beds and pillows were OK, and the sheets were nice, plain white sheets, but nice.
We didn´t have a safety box in our room wich I didn´t like.

Our room was in 3rd floor and the scene you saw from the window was a roof - so we didn´t have a good scene to look out. But it was ok, since we were all days out.

The hotel was quite noisy, the doors in the rooms are so small, that there´s a 5 cm gap between every hotelrooms door and the floor, so you can hear which tv-channel your naughbours are watching! Also one night we had a young group next door who were drinking alcohol and playing music loud, so we had to call the reception twice so somebody could come and ask them to keep quiet: it was midnight.

Overall, this is a 2 star hotel for my opinion. I´ve travelled quite a lot, and seen much worse, but also much better city hotels.

• Liked — Location is quite near the town
  • Disliked — the noise from other rooms and outside the hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anu_Finland

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

cork
Reviewed 18 July 2007

I have stayed in many Dublin hotels and have never written a review before, but this hotel truely deserves one. Firstly - the carpet in my bedroom was stained and it wasn't water staining,..(As another person stated in their review). The ultra modern look, glazed seperation wall between bathroom and bedrooom was strange, not my style - almost felt like I was sleeping in the bathroom and the sink in the bedroom wasn't at all to my liking,. plus it wasn't very clean - this applied to some ornamental glazing that had lights behind it - at either side of the main mirror, it was covered in dust, I wouldn't blame the cleaners, but whoever had the great idea to build the impractical structure that can't be cleaned, it was filthy... I had dinner in the restaurant 1 of the nights I stayed and I'm not one to complain about too little usually, but the portions of food took the biscuit. I have never seen anything like it - tiny I must have been served 8 pieces of pasta - I should have counted,.a step too far for a hungry group. To put the icing on the cake, the dining staff were rude and seriously slow to deliver. Also, as a female, I would not have felt safe staying in this area on my own and last but not least, the cost of staying there was not cheap by a long stretch and with the above in mind I was sickened,.certainly not value for money, wouldn't go there again and wouldn't recommend it. Did I forget to say my shower was broken!

• Liked — The Bar - If they changed staff
  • Disliked — It was dirty - not clean and therefore totally over priced - shower was terrible
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends