“Something Invariably Not Right About This Place”
Review of Park Inn Dublin

Park Inn Dublin
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Park Inn Dublin
Ranked #114 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I will be brief. It's awful to find. The sink for washing your hands is outside the bathroom in the bedroom. Staff are very unpleasant. No irish staff to see. Expensive. Food selection terrible. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
7  Thank idwfan

Reviewed 19 February 2009

Unlike the prior reviewer, we experienced excellent customer service from the employees at the Park Inn on 13 February. We too booked our room through Expedia. Apparently the Park Inn had informed Expedia several days prior to our arrival that they could not accomidate any guests due to a heating problem in the hotel. Expedia was to contact all guests that had booked through them, however they did not do so. This left a difficult situation for the Park Inn staff to deal with. We did not learn that our rooms were unavailable until we arrived at the Park Inn on the 13th. The staff put us in touch with Expedia who were extremly unhelpful. The Expedia customer service reps kept us on the phone for over 1 hour, repeatedly insisting that they had phoned and e-mailed us of the change (this was simply not true and we will not use Expedia again). During this period, the Park Inn staff prepared tea, coffee, and sandwiches for our large group and saw to our every need. They provided a lot of comfort in what otherwise could have been a very stressful time. Once the Park Inn staff realized that Expedia was not going to take any responsiblity to help us, they intervened and booked us rooms at the much nicer Radisson SAS at our lower rates. They then called and paid for a large cab to take us to the new hotel. The Park Inn is a nice hotel with a great location, but we intend to stay there for our next trip to Dublin because of the great customer service.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Dieterdog
Reviewed 12 February 2009

I booked this hotel through expedia.es, the hotel was duly paid for and the room availability was confirmed.
However, on the day I was leaving for Dublin (i.e. on the very same day i was supposed to stay at this hotel) I wrote a mail to the hotel to let them know about my late arrival due to the airline schedule...
well, a couple of hours later, I received a mail from the hotel saying that they were sorry but due to some problems they were experiencing at their hotel (the nature of the problems was never disclosed to me) my travel partner and I were relocated to the Radisson SAS Royal. After I contacted the Radisson and discovered that there was no room under my name in their hotel, the Park Inn staff contacted me again, via e-mail (not considering that I might not be able to check my e-mail on the day I was supposed to travel abroad) this time too, and told me that our room now was at the Harcourt Hotel (no explanations given, this time too!).
We arrived at the Harcourt and, obviously, the room given to us was not the one we originally booked (we clearly stated we wanted a double room) and we were given a twin bedroom...but this is a new story, and I will review it on the appropriate page.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank XDZ
Reviewed 8 December 2008

Arrived fairly late at night and night time staff had no recommendations at all for a close place to eat. Came to find out that most pubs/ restaurants in Dublin stop serving food at midnight so beware. Hotel located in a run down part of town but felt safe with my husband while there. Had purchased a freedom bus card online and did not use it except once...the Luas tram is a stones throw from the hotel so I recommend that you purchase one of those at the tram stop (vending machine) instead. Did like how close the Luas was to the hotel and came fairly often to get you into the city center in less than 10 mins. The hotel room itself had worn out, dirty carpeting. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. TV with English channels...got to watch Cops and Law and Order in one night. The water pressure in the shower was good but the gap in the door separating the bathroom from the room is fairly large..can see and hear everything. The main room doors don't close properly without a forceful tug to close it completely. Came home one day to find that the housekeeping staff did not close our door completely so our room was unlocked the whole time we were out sightseeing (few hours) but luckily nothing was taken. Paid about 70 dollars a night for our room and would say it was decent price for a place to stay that was safe and close to the city center. Ps. you have to pay for internet here but we found a little store across the walkway from the hotel that has great bagels/pastries for breakfast...at a much lower cost than the hotel breakfast ...and free wireless internet was obtainable from the hotel located next to the store...score!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 December 2008

Room didn't have the facilities advertised, I knew it wouldn't be that good when I opened the cupboard to put the clothes away and the handle fell off. !! The so called plasma screen and the tower cd deck was like a thing from the sixties. Waited 6 hours for the remote control batteries to be checked and when I asked again the guy said, "[--] I forgot". No sorry or anything.
The so called jacuzzi had loose tiles all around and the 'sky view' was so obscure and covered with bird droppings you'd be lucky to see King Kong if he was were up there !!
The breakfast was, as the guy on reception put it when he forgot the batteries.
Overall in our opinion; the guy on reception was right !
ps. photos taken and maybe used in evidence.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2008

We have just returned from a weekend in Dublin, fantastic city lovely friendly people just a shame the hotel staff were not!!! the staff on reception always greeted with a goodmorning or hello but the waiting staff at breakfast looked positivley bored and uninterested with you and the job, we came in late one night and thought we would have a night cap at the bar it had no atmosphere and the barman really had no sense of humour and wanted us out so he could go home....no customer service skills what so ever!!!!!!! On a plus point it means that you would rather go out and find a great bar with loads of character and life than spend time in the hotel.Rooms are clean but really hot with a heater we couldnt turn down and a shower that leaked all over the bathroom, the rooms are basic but a good base to see the city from, not a place for a romantic get away.The hotel however is in a good location built in a wonderfull building with a great bar on the corner which has to be Dublins best kept secret The Cobblestones( the guinness was the best we tried)a must!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town for the All Blacks v Ireland rugby. Arrived on the Friday just after midday and our room was ready to check-in to. We were in Room 410 which faced the market area out the front. It was large with funky décor. Didn’t have a problem with the sink in the room but why??? Bathroom was a bit tired though – some tiles starting to fall off and the bottom of the shower was a bit mouldy. There was no air con so my fiancé got too hot at night which meant we had to sleep with the windows open which was a bit noisy early morning as they were assembling a temporary ice skating rink outside. Curtains would be better than the blinds which let in too much light around the edges (the lighting in the market area outside is quite bright at night). Only a 10 minute walk or 5 minute tram ride into the more central areas of Dublin. Good value.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple