Eliza Lodge
The Sweeney(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
Blooms Hotel(Dublin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe temple bar arealiffey riveritalian restaurant downstairsgreat locationtop floorstreet noisecentral locationlight sleeperwithin walking distancethird floornoisy at nightsingle roomnight lifegreat roombudget hotelthe heart of the citycomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is long overdue! Our first visit to Ireland in May 2011, we wanted to spend a few days in Dublin in a central location but not pay a $$$$$ price! By US standards, the room was quite small (get used to it - you're in Europe!) but quite pleasant, with a great view of the River Liffey. And indeed close to everything. The restaurant downstairs was convenient, food was good (although I was surprised at how many Italian restaurants there were). The lift was quite small, my husband and I had to go up in shifts! Helpful and cheerful staff. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I think next time I would pay the little bit extra for the balcony suites, as they looked to be substantially larger rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mamagoots
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The rooms are modern, clean and large for Europe, great location walk to everything and the staff was so attentive and helpful I just can't say enough about them. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susaneee
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We are both Dubs born and bred, but we live in the suburbs and never venture into town for a night out. This year we decided we would change that and on the 29th of December the kids were sent packing, I mean a baby sitter was arranged and off we went to be tourists in our own town.

We had booked into Eliza Lodge on a family recommendation. We booked a penthouse suite for €79 for one night for the two of us room only.

Positives:
Location is un-beatable for the tourist visiting Dublin. Right on the Quays and at the heart of Temple Bar. The view out over the roofs of Dublin was fantastic, even the Liffey looked good.
Room and bathroom in great condition with all mod cons available.
Bed was very comfortable with good firm pillows.
Staff we met were friendly and check in was efficient.

Cons:
None really, Penthouse was very small but it was a penthouse all the same.

Over all I can't fault the Eliza Lodge on price, location, cleanliness or the staff.

We did not eat or drink there so I cant offer any comments this time.
However It is a favourite of my parents and I have eaten there in the past and as Italian restaurants go its very passable. I am not a fan of Italian quisine.

Room Tip: Go for a penthouse, it was €20 extra but the balcony gave excellent views of Dublin
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EricIrl
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed for two nights including New Years Eve. This is a lovely hotel. I don't think we could have asked for a better location. What a gem. Not a large hotel but everything we could wish for. The staff were very nice. This was the second time we had stayed at the hotel and we enjoyed it so much we have booked again for next new year.

Room Tip: We loved the views from the rooms on the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elainehq1
Reviewed 4 January 2012

loved this place. we were looking for a place in temple bar for 3 girls, and this place was perfect. right in the middle of temple bar, close to everything. the only thing is, you would not want to stay there if your looking for a good night sleep, right across the street from a niteclub, but if your there for that its perfect, a few steps out the door and a huge selection of pubs. we were on the second floor and enjoyed sitting at the windows havin a few drinks watching everyone come over the bridge for their night out as we were getting ready. also 3 single beds for a comfortable night sleep. will def be going back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends