“GREEDY OWNERS OWN THIS PLACE!!!!BEWARE”
Review of Lyndon Guest House

Lyndon Guest House
Ranked #122 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“GREEDY OWNERS OWN THIS PLACE!!!!BEWARE”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

booked this hotel 30/1/2014 4 garth brooks concert on 27th july 124per night but didnt they just cancel my reservation because they could triple the price of room.i have made a complaint to b and b network and they are looking into to it.so mad and have nowhere to stay now.SO mad .there is nothing to rate on this place

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank furious2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked this place as it is was the most affordable out of all the places left. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I can tell you I was more than a little worried about the place!
To be honest, it was better than I expected but you got what you paid for. The room was an adequate size, it was clean. The bed was fine. The towels were a bit old. The bathroom was clean. It's no 5 star hotel room but there was nothing wrong with it.
I thought the location was quite good.
For the price, we were happy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It just lacked little things that basic hotels should have, although some of the staff were nice, their reception skills were poor. The room were not properly inspected, the shower handle was broken, so we were unable to change the temperature, we had to go downstairs to a couple of times to ask for basic things like heater or tissue. The toilet seat was also broken. But the beds were comfortable, could have been more hospitable.

Room Tip: Make it less bear, it should be warmer and cosy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

What a disaster. We paid 49 euros for a room that had the paint peeling off the walls, heater didn't work, the curtain fell down, the inside of the window was covered in condensation, consequently the place smelt like an old tomb. Not even a glass in the bathroom.

More fool us...we should have check TripAdvisor first and not believed their website which paints a brighter picture.

Having said all that, the staff are very polite (probably embarrassed) and try to be helpful.

It should be shut down or totally refurbished. Either that or only charge 10 euros a night and advertise it as bottom of the barrel budget option.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LizWardCityQueen
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed there last year and I had a reasonable experience, good price, clean room and nicely atmosphere. So I decided to go back this year for new years and spend a week there. The surprise was that they changed owners and in summary, I had a horrible experience. 1) they wanted me to pay more than what we agreed by email 2) they did not clean the room or toilets and did not replace towels or toilet paper. I had to go and ask them continuously. 3) the rooms were dirty 4) and nobody, i mean nobody was ever in the reception office to take care of any of your needs. I don't want to waste more time on this...since the place does not deserve it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank maria A m
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My girlfriend and I booked this because it was relatively cheap and because of events that weekend availability elsewhere was limited. We booked this 5 weeks in advance, however 1 week before we arrived we recieved a phone call from the manager stating that we no longer had an en suite double that we had booked. He told us we now had to share a bathroom, we accepted this expecting a reduction in price, but he refused and said he would give us breakfast. At this late stage before our trip we had no choice but to accept, he knew this as well.

On arrival they took our money in cash, and now I know why they did this! We were shown to our room and were immediately dumbfounded. It smelt of damp mould, was unclean and dirty. t was late so we went out for one drink, on returning to our room we were greated to a slug on the wall above our bed! I took pictures if you dont believe this!
The bed must have been at least 10 years old and we barely slept due to the state of the mattress. Next day we went to use our shared bathroom, teh shower did not work expect occassinally cold/luke warm water intermitently. The fire escape door was wide open in the corridor wedged with old furniture (see pics). Again I spoke to the woman working there, I explained it was my girlfriends birthday and this room was unacceptable. She said she would speak with manager when he arrived later. We went out for the day and came back at 4pm, the same woman was still there but no sign of manager. I was becoming increasingly angry and was so desperate not to spend another night there i walked around the area asking every b&b/hotel I saw if they had a vacancy, unfortunately they did not. On returning we asked the woman to put the heating on as we wanted the window open due to the horrible smell. On returning to hotel after a meal out in city we found the heating still not working so were given 2 extra blankets, which we needed as bed was so uncomofrtable. We were still not able to speak with manager but the woman spoke to him on the phone and they gave us 15 Euros back, that was all. The next day we checked out and left our bags, on returning to collect them at 4pm, the hotel was locked. I knocked on the door and saw a young girl no older than 6-7 years old sat behind reception. On knocking for the 2nd time she let me and my girlfriend in and to our astonishment a boy aged even younger was also sat behind reception . We explained we needed our bags and they let us go and get them, we left in shock!

I have never felt the urge to write a review on these websites. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in some less desirable locations but I have to say the standard of this room coupled with the complete lack of respect and understanding from the hotel manager was truly disgusting. Please even if you are on a budget do not consider this 'hotel', I know most places have the odd bad review but I hope that the mere fact I am writing this is enough to persuade you to look elsewhere. Dublin is an amazing place, but we had no where to relax after a long day enjoying the sights and unfortunately this put a major dampener on our first romantic weekend away together on her birthday.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple