“Perfect location, wonderful service”
Review of Trinity Lodge

Trinity Lodge
Ranked #32 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Hiram, Georgia
“Perfect location, wonderful service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Perfect location! Close to Trinity College, the tour pick up spot, Grafton Street, St Stevens etc. Excellent breakfast and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The Italian restaurant next door is wonderful too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dee Dee M
PeterMurphy68, Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and we are glad that your stay with us was enjoyable and we hope to be able to welcoming you back again soon.
Manager Trinity Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Napoli
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is located just off the Trinity College, one block from the shopping areas but on a small side street not affected by traffic. Looks like an old house adapted to an hotel, but the architects did a good job and the hotel is charming and welcoming. The reception is closed at night but they give you electronic keys and the area looks totally safe even at late hours.
The breakfast is across the street in a separate part of the hotel, and offers ample choice in an elegant setting. As I made a mistake upon reservation, they upgraded my room for free. Only drawback is some noise at night: from my room facing on the rear side I could hear when someone dumped bottles in the glass recycle bins, and that can be annoying if you plan to sleep early (they stop during the night). Also the bathroom aspiration system is a bit noisy and I could hear those of the nearby room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PeterMurphy68, Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and appreciating the style of our hotel. We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again in the future.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great staff, great location for walking city to main shopping across river, picking up tours, eating out, and gorgeous modernised room, no complaints at all. We loved the fitting out of this accommodation great art.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Also I would like to thank you for selecting Trinity Lodge during your visit to Dublin and we hope to welcoming you again.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Avoid Room 16 on the fourth floor. 4 flights of stairs- no lift. Small attic room with very limited clothes storage. And NOISY. Water boiler located in cupboard in bathroom and another appliance/machine located behind or above that started up at 6a.m. Thin walls. Tired linen. Requested room change but were told we would have to pay 52 euros p.night more. Pictures on the website are not to be taken at face value.

Room Tip: Avoid higher floors and check internal sources of noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
I believe that you meant room 17, as room 16 is a very large room with 2 king beds and 1 sofa. As explained to a guest before, maybe you had a look at one of our deluxe room while booking and paying for a classic double room - which is smaller but with the same facilities.
However our partener sites display the room size while booking.
Even though our classic rooms are smaller than our deluxe ones they are european size rooms, 15sqm. In the room that you have stayed it is also a full lenght wardrobe which offers plenty of storage space and there is also a chest of drawers.
We are changing the linen at the moment, however even the one used at the moment it is still fine.
The water tank which supplies the hot water in your room makes very little noise but please accept my apologies if it disturbed you. Also there may be noise that can be heard between the rooms as this is a buiding erected in 1700 when you may understand the soundproofing was not possible.
All our photos displayed on websites are fully accurate.
I hope the above clarifies your issues and thank you for staying with us.
Manager Trinity Lodge

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After touring the country, we arrived in Dublin last week to stay in Trinity Lodge for three nights. As previously noted, it has a great location. The sightseeing buses stop just up the street and many sights such as the Book of Kells, St. Stephen’s Green and Grafton Street are within walking distance. When checking in, we found the evening receptionist to be very welcoming. I had pre-booked our room online and had asked for an upper floor not realizing that there was no elevator. It was a climb but the receptionist asked repeatedly if she could help us with our luggage. Our room was spacious for the three of us and also had air-conditioning which was very helpful as it got quite warm when we were there. The receptionist gave us many suggestions for restaurants, provided the Hop-on, Hop-off bus tickets that I had pre-ordered, and also suggested that we purchase our tickets for the Guinness Brewery online to get a discount and have faster entry which she helped us do. The day before we left, I asked the day receptionist to order a taxi that could handle our many pieces of luggage. Because we were leaving on a Saturday and the restaurant served breakfast later than on weekdays, she even asked them to open up ten minutes early so we could be ready for our large taxi which arrived promptly at the time requested. I would certainly recommend Trinity Lodge and was very pleased with the attentive and helpful service provided by the receptionists.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kaitf
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay, our accommodation and services.
Our staff is delighted that you had such nice words about them and are happy that they could assist you as much as possible during your stay.
We hope to see you again in the future and we hope that you will recommend Trinity Lodge to your family and friends.
Thank you again for selecting Trinity Lodge while in Dublin.
Kind Regards.
Clarksville, Indiana
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I made reservations in October 2013 to stay in Dublin. I asked for two rooms next to each other. The hotel was Trinity Lodge. I selected this because of location. My husband and I were on one floor and our friends on another. The rooms were not bad, but comparing the price to the room was ridiculous.I also asked for their input on choosing which airline to take from Ireland to Scotland. I was told to select Aer Lingus, and was also told luggage no heavier than 35 lbs was free to check in. Then told that carry ons were fine to have. When we arrived at the airport and were checking in we were told there was a fee of 40 euros for each piece. I told them I was shocked because we were not told this. So we had to pay 80 euros. The lady told us weight had nothing to do with the fee. We had a lovely time on vacation, but this was such a negative. The person that checked us in was ok, but no help. She wanted to make sure about the cost. The four of us were very disappointed.

Room Tip: There were many rooms. I really do not know which would be best.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
As explained in other responses our prices vary depending on season and Dublin events. We believe that our prices reflect our location and quality of accommodation.
Regarding your comments about the airline please note that we only provide links when suggesting airlines for the guests - to check on their devices or on the reception PC. We do not offer a ticketing service in this regard.
I could only say that when booking your ticket you should have paid attention to the terms and conditions of your booking.
Therefore we do not believe that we are at fault in this regard.
We hope the above is clear and I would like to thank you for staying with us.
Durham, UK
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The location of the Trinity Lodge is wonderful, especially for visiting Trinity College, Temple Bar, and so on. The room I had was spacious, the bed comfortable, if a little hard, and the bathroom more than adequate. So what could go wrong? Well, I had the impression that the staff were ill-informed about the place they worked and the management didn't care.

To start with I was told that, having a credit card denominated in sterling, I would have to pay a 1.9% supplement on the room rate. I have never come across this before - and told the receptionist who was apologetic but had no power to do anything about it. Then I said I needed an internet connection, and this would be an extra €7.50 a day. (Apparently if I'd booked on the hotel website this would have been free) Once connected the bandwidth was painfully slow.

A good night's sleep followed.

Breakfast - a pleasant but limited buffet and a good cooked breakfast. I had to remind the waiter for my pot of tea - I'd had my cereal and fruit juice and was on to the bacon and eggs before it arrived. One of the things I love about Ireland is soda bread. But not here, since it was pre-sliced and had obviously been out a while, since it was rather dry.

The rooms are dispersed across three or four buildings either side of the quiet street. That's no problem, but the receptionist had apologised that the key to the front door of my building needed a certain amount of patience to open. She was right. I was OK with pushing the key in, rocking it from side to side as I gently pulled it out until it turned. But I would not like to have done that with arthritic fingers.

Breakfast on morning 2 was a repeat of the first morning - the tea came quickly this time, along with some slightly burned toast. The waiter asked if it was OK and I didn't have the heart (or the time) to send it back. But why bring burned toast out in the first place?

And then to checkout and the need to pay for the internet service. (I should have refused on the grounds it had been so slow) - but I didn't. This time there was no credit card charge, but the transaction came through in Sterling. I always prefer to not opt for the merchant to do the currency transaction, but to pay in local currency. So when the machine came up in sterling I asked for the transaction to be voided so we could start again. It came up in sterling again. I queried this saying I wanted to pay in Euros. The receptionist told me I would be charged in Euros. Of course this was not correct, but since it was only €15 I gave up. The receipt clearly says "I accept that I have been offered a choice of currencies for payment" - well I was not, even when I specifically requested it.

Finally, I asked before going for breakfast for a cab. It never came.

All this is a real shame - money has clearly been spent on the accommodation, the location is great, but it's let down by poorly informed, ill prepared staff. I blame the management,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dde0apb
Dear Guest,
In the first place I would like to thank you for staying with us.
Regarding your complaints I would like to reply to you as follows:
- We charge 1.95% for use of non-euro cards if the reservation is pre-paid.
- Also the internet is free for all bookings made directly with the hotel. We have reset the system and it does not appear to be slow but I can not say anything in your case as it depends what protocol you have used or what type of download / upload you have tried to process.
- Our buffet breakfast consists of fresh fruits selection, yogurts, fresh juices, cheeses, cereals, selection of pastries which together with our freshly cooked breakfasts we believe it is a very good value for its quality. Your comments regarding the service were brought to the staff attention and I do apologize for this inconvenience.
- The front door lock is scheduled to be rectified shortly.
- Regarding the check-out problems, the receptionist that was handling your charge was reminded the procedure for foreign cards, as we have to offer the choice of currency and this is our normal credit card procedure in place.
- The cab company received a complaint from us - we use only GLOBALTAXI which have a very good reputation in Dublin. They will investigate this issue and I will be in-touch with you regarding this matter.
In the end I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the issues encountered during your stay and please accept again my apologies. We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again next time when you are travelling to Dublin.