“The Only Place To Stay in Dublin”
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #46 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I stayed at Number 31 for two nights. I have been traveling all around Ireland this month and I can honestly say Number 31 was the best experience I have had in terms of accommodations. Noel takes great pride in his hotel and his guests. You really do sense he cares about each and everyone who passes through the doors. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts were the best meals I have had in Ireland. Staying at Number 31 isn't just a place to sleep. It is an entire experience and key piece of Dublin's history. In case you are interested in the story behind the hotel, I wrote a review on my travel blog .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is a centrally located hotel with secure parking. Noel and Deidre are welcoming and helpful hosts. Noel talked us through Dublin when we were lost coming off the ferry! He advised us on the best way to see Dublin and told us of two good restaurants within walking distance, which as were there for only one full day meant we could get to grips with Dublin quickly.The building is beautiful and the pictures on the wbsite are accurate.We stayed in the Georgian building in a spacious elegant room with all the facilities. Breakfast is superb, we did not have room for lunch! Worth every euro.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun M
Reviewed 10 March 2011

loved everything about it...staff went above and beyond. very warm & inviting. amazing breakfasts. down pillows & comforters. chic, cozy, highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I had my hotel changed,after reading reviews about Number 31,and was sure glad at my choice.I arrived early in the morning and was offered breakfast by Noel.He is a gracious host and the staff are warm and friendly.The location is central,close to St. Stephens Greens,and is well maintained .Despite the fact that elevators are not there,and other frills of chain hotels not there,its cosy and comfortable.The architecture,warm fire add to the charm.You feel at home here,and I would recommend it wholly as you experience the Irish warmth.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I have stayed at quite a number of Dublin hotels over the past few years, including a few in the tripadvisor "top 20" - I feel that my recent stay in Number 31 was the best experience out of them all. The welcome is warm and the guidance from Noel is very helpful. The rooms are modern, comfortable and well appointed. The breakfast is truly superb. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank hc1401
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Wonderful service, charming communal areas, and huge, comfortable rooms.
I'm a native Dubliner - so knowing the city intimately I can confirm the area is a great one for tourists. It's close to everything and in a safe area. The airport bus runs right outside.

This hotel is amazing for a romantic break, with huge soft beds, spacious bathrooms and cosy corners - and a lovely courtyard garden.

It's just a short stroll to the museums and galleries, parks, horse-drawn carriages on Stephen's Green... and right on the doorstep of plenty of excellent shops, restaurants, pubs and clubs.

No. 31 is equally welcoming to younger guests.. my 7 year old was treated like a princess and loved her breakfast hot chocolate.

The staff are excellent here, really treating each guest as a real person. I felt more as if I was "staying among friends".

I would rate no. 31 as far superior to many of the other top-rated hotels on tripadvisor, and in terms of value for money I would rate it second to none.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My mom & I intended to only stay a few days and ended up staying 7. Noel is so sweet and all of the staff were completely helpful and friendly. Great location. Clean & comfortable rooms (prefer the ones in the Georgian wing). Amazing breakfast. Fully recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010