“This place MADE my trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #40 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Brooklyn, New York
“This place MADE my trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

I am loathe to write this review because if people know how wonderful this place is I'll never get a room there again! It was my first trip to Ireland and was thinking that Dublin couldn't possibly live up to my expectations, but a local directed me to this amazing place. As an architect, I appreciated synergy of the old Georgian building and the fine modern design. The spaces are beautiful, the bed cozy and the facilities clean and first-rate. The location is fantastic, a 5 minute walk to St. Stephen's Green and the heart of old Dublin. As if this wasn't enough, the price is affordable enough that even I could stay there. I'm in love with this Number 31 and Ireland. I'll be back as soon as I can.

I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff who brought me tea and cookies and chatted with me on a rainy night, posted a letter out of country with their own stamps, and invited me to sit and have breakfast even after I had checked out.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

What a great way to start a tour of Ireland, once you enter the hidden door of the inn and find this peaceful little tuck away inn, you are on your way to an enjoyable experience. Host gave flawless advice on what to do, where to eat and the breakfasts are so good they are memorable to start each day. Ask for a room off the street if traffic noise bothers or bring earplugs to solve that. Lots of warm antique decor yet modern bath-perfect blend. I was traveling with my 22 yr.old son and it was a great start to the rest of our Ireland traveling.

• Stayed June 2011
moraga, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Our trip to Ireland was bookended by stays at Number 31. Both before our arrival and during our stay, Noel and Linda were indispensible in their touring suggestions outside of Dublin as well as arranging things we wanted to do and see while we were in Dublin. Everything was possible and doable in the most gracious and efficient way. They insured our visit was the best it could be!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Our hosts were extremely kind and greeted us warmly. The room was very nice... and quite comfortable. Breakfast was excellent all three mornings. I would stay at Number 31 again without hesitation. Easy walk to many top sites.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Markaruben
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

If you're looking for true Irish hospitality then this is the place for you. Noel and Linda and their staff are friendly and always helpful. Top location with everything in the GPO area of Dublin within a 5 to 15 minute walk. Well situated to dining options as well if you prefer to eat close by. The BEST breakfast of my four week holiday.

Room Tip: Request room overlooking courtyard
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KymMurphy
Unionville, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

This place is fabulous. Noel and Diedre, the owners have put together a very hip and stylish place, that is a bit difficult to find but worth the trouble. I would not stay anywhere else in Dublin. While there, we met other travelers that have stayed at this place anywhere from three to seven times. It is no wonder. Close to everything, great breakfast, wonderful hosts and employees, eager to help you with anything at any time. Truly the best that Dublin has to offer.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

A wonderful boutique hotel presided over by possibly one of the most genial and ebullient hosts ever, Noel. Your beds will be comfy, your rooms quiet, the location just off of St. Stephen's Green perfect, and breakfasts heavenly. They will park your car as well while you're there. Only caution is to try NOT to get the room just off the breakfast/dining room as it can be noisy first thing in the AM. HIGHLY recommended, can't imagine staying anywhere else in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family