“Gorgeous”
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I spent my first night on this trip to Ireland at Number 31, and found it to be as everyone else has described - beautiful rooms, gracious hosts, and an outstanding breakfast. Breakfast is served in a room with a couple of communal tables, which I really liked, since it gave me the opportunity to chat with some other really interesting people who were staying there. I particularly liked the location - in a quiet location but near to St Stephens Green, Iveagh Gardens, and Camden St.

One thing I didn't realize on booking this hotel is that there are actually two buildings; one the modern, original building, and one a Georgian townhouse facing Fitzwilliam St, which shares a garden with the modern building. I was placed in the townhouse, but didn't mind at all - the room I was given was absolutely palatial, with a remarkably beautiful paper light fixture; and the lobby of the townhouse is quite elegant.

Number 31 is a bit above my usual budget, but I'm glad I chose it for my first night in the country - a lovely, restful place in a very good and convenient neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank petnoodle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I'll start off by saying that I typically stay in full service hotels that include a bar and lounge area, coffee maker in room, restaurant, etc... so this post may not apply to everyone. My wife read several reviews on Number 31 and wanted to stay there instead of the Renaissance. The rooms were nice, but you could hear noise from pretty much every direction (hallway, outside, and above us). The breakfast was great, but past that you were pretty much on your own. My wife called to ask for ice twice and someone said they would check but could never find any. If you wanted a snack or a drink you either had to call or cab or take a pretty good walk.

So overall the place was fine and rooms were very pretty (and the breakfast really was good). However, for the price, next time I would do something with more amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is less likely to be noisy.
1 Thank Jason C
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Staying at the Number 31 was the perfect way to start a vacation in Ireland: charming and gracious. The atmosphere was welcoming and location very good. The breakfast was honestly the best meal of our entire trip--and if it were a restaurant I would have come here even if I was staying elsewhere. Some people just know how to run a hotel the right way.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice with good bathroom facilities--but the draw is the overall ambience, the service...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blungld200
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The rooms at 31 are beautiful and the breakfasts were absolutely the best we had on our entire trip. You also can't beat it's location - it's a very easy walk to everything you'd want to see while still being nestled in a quiet neighborhood. One thing to note - we stayed on the 4th floor and there was no elevator, which meant a lot of stairs. If that's an issue for you, I'd recommend asking for something closer to ground floor. Overall outstanding, though. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor if you can't handle stairs.
3 Thank FuriousToast
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

A flying visit to Dublin offered the opportunity to stay at this boutique guest house where we received a warm welcome. The room was warm, comfortable and reasonably spacious and great care has clearly gone into the decor and fittings throughout. The location is convenient, walkable of most areas you would be likely to visit on a short trip and importantly close to an Aircoach stop making easy access to and from the airport.
They boast about their award winning breakfasts ..... and every word is true!

4 Thank Westernroadtripper20
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We arrived at the little back door late at night and were very well looked after from the start with someone parking our car for us - just what we needed arriving late and tired in a strange city. We were shown to our room in the Georgian house which was well appointed with a nice bathroom. We were on the top floor and the rooms lower down looked a lot grander. Quite a lot of stairs but someone carried our bag for us which was welcome. I would have liked tea making facilities in the room, though it is available in the lounge if you want it. Breakfast in the conservatory was very nice indeed. Host, Nowell, was charming as were all the staff. When we left, the car was parked right outside the door. All in all you couldn't fault it - I did think it was a little pricey but that seems to be Dublin.

2 Thank JPVLondon
Dublin
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Cocktails, Food, Staff, Atmosphere, Decor. Everything about this place screams 5 star! I go nearly every thursday after work. Friends, Family, spouses, partners, anyone and everyone will love this place!

Room Tip: Tapas first, Cocktails after...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends