“Great location, geat host, fantastic breakfast”
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #46 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 July 2009

We were 9 middle-aged ladies on a short English language study trip to Dublin and stayed at Number 31. The rooms are beautiful, in a modern design with warm colours and have everything you need to relax from wandering the streets. Noel, our host, was extremely helpful and nice and made us feel at home. The breakfast was outstanding and we were able to sit all together at the long wooden tables and start our day in a slow and easy way.
We also liked the ideal location of Number 31 as it's not too close to the busy and noisy city centre; but everything we wanted to get to (as concerts, shopping, museums, restaurants etc.) was within walking distance, i.e. 10-15 minutes.
Just one little thing on the negative side: please let us have our hairdryer next to the mirror in the bathroom. It's not very comfortable to sit cross-legged on the bedroom floor while styling your hair... or maybe I'm just too old for that??

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed 21 June 2009

Arrived 615AM after the flight from Boston. Made it to the hotel and we were greeted warmly. We expected the usual "your room will be ready by 3, but were surprised when were were told, here is some tea and breakfast will be served shortly. An hour later we were eating breakfast in the fabulous sunroom. Right after that, Noel took us to our room and we were in by 10AM. The room was beautiful and clean. We chose the older historic section of the complex. We took a nap and headed out. The location was the perfect location for Dublin. You can, and we did walk everywhere, plus public transportation is nearby. Bus stop to the airport is 2 blocks away. Breakfasts were fabulous and our hosts could not be nicer. When we return to Dublin this will be our spot. We only stay in bed and breakfast locations when we travel and this one is a place you would return to. It is pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Wrote this email to Number 31 after our stay there.
Dear Noel, Linda & Delia,
My wife Ellie and I want to extend our appreciation to you all and your staff for a very nice stay at Number 31 for this past week. We had a very nice visit to Dublin which was further enhanced by you folks and your graciousness to all your guests. And, of course we cannot say enough about the daily breakfasts. In a word, they were fabulous. We have an extended family here in the USA(our sons, numerous nephews and nieces) and if any of them have a future desire to visit Ireland, we will heartily recommend Number 31 to them.
Again, thanks for making our stay in Dublin a happy success. Good luck and good health to you all.
Leon Dourgarian

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2009

I stayed here for the final leg of my English/Irish adventure, and it was a lovely place. For the most part, the service was amazing. I had a large suitcase and I felt terrible because poor Gareth wouldn't hear of me carrying it up the four flights of stairs myself. I appreciated him all the more when it was time to check out and I had to luge it (and the extra duffel I'd acquired) down those stairs on my own! I had to call the front desk a couple of times for information, and I definitely detected exasperation in the voice of the woman who took my calls. I found that off-putting; I was asking general questions about Dublin, and couldn't see what was so obnoxious about them. The full breakfast offered was amazing, the anticipation of which got me up earlier than I might have done otherwise. The seating at breakfast encouraged conversation with my fellow travelers, and I met several very nice people this way.
The room itself wasn't large, but I was on my own, so it didn't matter. The shower had excellent water pressure but was teeny. The bed was simply divine though. After all the walking I'd done on my trip, it was nice to lay on such a comfortable bed!
The wireless policy was a bit baffling, as it's free but still meted out in increments. My stay was for three days but I was allotted two days of wireless. When, on the third day, I needed to arrange transport to the airport from the hotel, I was reluctantly given another 45 minutes. Truly bizarre.
Still, a cool place to stay in a pretty section of Dublin. If you take a taxi there, make sure they know how to find it (the property also borders Fitzwilliam Street).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2009

When we first arrived (around 10 am- after a long sleepless flight) we expected to just be able to drop our bags off and then walk around the city for a few hours until we could check in. They promptly served us wonderful french-pressed coffee with biscotti-like cookies that really hit the spot. They then ushered us to our room! Noel is a genuine host- offering directions, special accomodations, etc...
The breakfast was fantastic (bananas in sweet cream were my favorite!) and both days we didn't eat again until 4 in the afternoon- it really kept us going.
We came back again for a third night at the end of our Ireland trip- Noel, once again was most accomodating- our flight was early the next day so we had to leave before breakfast hours- his staff generously fixed us a quick scrambled egg and whatever cereals and fruits that we liked. The rooms were clean and modernly decorated - my only complaint was that it was difficult to shower without getting water everywhere because the stalls weren't completely enclosed by design (but that seems silly in the overall scheme of things). I think that we would have liked to be slightly closer to Grafton street since that was were all of the action was but the extra few blocks of walking was good for our waistelines :)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2009

My husband and I stayed at No 31 in January and had the very best weekend. This was in no small way due to staying at No 31. All the staff were charming, nothing was too much trouble and the breakfasts were amazing. The owner Noel was very hospitable, his knowledge and passion about Dublin was infectious. A very unique place to stay, we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We spent one night here and it was absolutely fabulous. Lovely friendly owner and staff, they were really welcoming and helpful. Beautiful setting and a great location - it was in walking distance to all major attractions. We couldn't fault it at all and would definately go back. It's not the cheapest place you could stay in but I felt that we really got value for money, we arrived at 9am on the Saturday morning, were given breakfast and allowed into our room straight away, this was great after an early flight. The room and building were lovely. The owner advised us what to do that day and suggested a great place to eat that night which was just round the corner. It was so easy and totally hassle-free. We loved it!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple