“A haven of peace, quiet and charm in the heart of Dublin”
Review of Waterloo House

Waterloo House
Ranked #28 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Chevy Chase, Md
“A haven of peace, quiet and charm in the heart of Dublin”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife and I spent the last night before flying back to the States at Waterloo House. It reminded us of the best of Oxford in the mid-1960s: charm, super-nice and helpful staff, lovely room, huge bathtub, and above all a wonderful sunny breakfast in the pergola-like garden dining room. Free parking, too. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GPfeffermann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I booked into Waterloo House for one night on business. I flew in to Dublin late so I arrived at the hotel just before midnight. I'd already informed them of my estimated arrival time so whilst the doors were naturally locked, the intercom was answered quickly and a young chap was there quickly to give me my room key.

The room was tastefully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. I had a dripping tap in the en suite which was quite annoying but I was so tired that it didn't keep me awake. Had I been there longer than one night I'm sure I would've said something and asked for it to be fixed. As it turns out, I checked out at half 8 the next morning and totally forgot to mention it.

As I stayed there only one night on business I can't give a more in-depth review but it was perfect for my requirements. I would've liked to stay for longer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chrissansom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice property on a quiet street. Friendly staff and clean rooms. The room I was in was quiet small and very hot, but comfortable enough. I had to leave at 7am and there was no one around so I didn't get to have breakfast and I had to just leave my key by reception door

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Neenals
London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Ideal location if you want somewhere to stay that is within walking distance of the centre but still quiet. Very handy as a base while in Dublin. Well maintained rooms and very nice breakfast, highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank FWhite
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed two nights at Waterloo. Great location! Rooms are small but comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the staff was super nice! Evelyn was fantastic in helping us plan our trip. There's even a Starbucks across the street if you long for an American coffee!

Room Tip: Water pressure was weak on our floor. Wasn't that big of a deal, but maybe a lower floor had bet...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Teresa H
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I had originally booked two nights but ended up staying for one. We were allocated room 23. Small and in need of a total refurb especially the bathroom. When I asked to change room I was advised that no rooms were available. Then another couple arrived and were allocated a room!! When I said I was not happy with the standard of the room and only wished to stay for one night the receptionist quickly found another room! Room 10 was not much better but we took it as it was only for one night. It was beside the kitchen and staff toilet! There was noise after midnight with footsteps and toilet flushing. On a positive note, the breakfast room was very nice and the staff were very attentive and the breakfast was good. I am very disappointed as I booked this based on the previous reviews on Trip Advisor and Hotels.com so unless the rooms on the upper floors are much better!! I would not return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CooperC66
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great location, was away from the hustle and bustle but near enough to walk to city center. The breakfast was delicious and the service was great. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple