Schoolhouse Hotel
US$217
US$198
US$270
  • Restaurant
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$158
US$516
US$490
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$138
  • Breakfast included
US$362
US$344
1,252 results
All reviewsfree moviesunique hotelgrand canalcity centreminute walkmerrion squareaviva stadiumtrinity collegebord gais theatregreat barquiet locationroom was largedublin airportbar fooddart stationbreakfast was deliciousgrafton st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Boutique hotel with character. Could not fault cleanliness of bathroom but bedroom needs serious dusting. Lots of cobwebs hanging from four poster bed. Really liked the concept of hotel but a pity as we were awake all night sneezing

• Stayed: April 2012
SchoolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Alough,

Many thanks for your review. We have addressed the issues you raised with our accommodation team. We are confident that this was an isolated incident & would hope that at some point you would make a return visit to the Schoolhouse.

Kind Regards

Jenny Mulligan

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Myself and my friend stayed in the schoolhouse hotel due to its closeness to the O2 arena where we were going to see a concert. However, we did not expect the outstanding service tha we received at the hotel. We experienced true luxury at an unbelievable bargain and the staff were simply fantastic. There is always someone there day and night to help you in anyway that they can.

I would definitely recommend the School House Hotel to anyone who is looking for accomodation so close to bot h the O2 and the city centre or to anyone who simply wants to treat themselves to some affordable luxury!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Having stayed in multiple hotels in the Ballsbridge area, I must say that the Schoolhouse Hotel is above average for the area, particularly for the price range. However, beware of the paper-thin walls, particularly in the basement rooms. (I've stayed on the ground floor rooms before as well and didn't remember the walls being this thin). In the basement room I stayed in this week, I could hear the lady in the room next door cough all night. Also the bath tub is very small and shallow. If you want to say in the Ballsbridge area, this is still way better than the other options though!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SchoolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Hello Zana,

Many thanks for taking the time to pop your comments online regarding your recent stay, your feedback is much appreciated.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by the guest next door. It is actually very unusual as generally our guests comment on the peaceful aspect of the bedrooms here in The Schoolhouse, particularly as we are located so close to the centre of the city.

I have a great team here who always aim to ensure each guest enjoys their time with us so I am delighted to see that you would choose The Schoolhouse when staying in the Ballsbridge area.

Again thank you for your comments and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Schoolhouse in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Jenny

Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night at the end of our trip. Pretty cool place. It really is an old school house redone into a big b&b/hotel.

Rooms are very nice - clean and unique.

Price was about right relative to other options. Not cheap but not the most expensive and priced right as it's high quality.

Breakfast was so so. Not terrible but not the reason to stay here.

Service was good. I could tell that I annoyed the lady as we were checking in but in her defense I can be very annoying.

• Stayed: April 2012

Hello Sara,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. The Schoolhouse Hotel is extremely unique as it was originally St Stephens School and was very carefully converted into a hotel in 1998, keeping many of the original features such as the fire places in the bar & restaurant.

All of our bedrooms are also individually named, each using different William Morris designs which makes them quite unique throughout Dublin.

I would be very eager to confirm which member of staff did check you in if you could let me know please? The team and I pride ourselves on the service which we provide to our guests so I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Again thank you for your feedback.

Warmest regards,

Jenny

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My friend and I stayed just last week, and had a great time. The hotel is great if you're looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing place to unwind after a busy day of exploring. Easily walkable to Grafton Street and Temple Bar area. It really felt more like a B&B.
We arrived on an 8 AM flight from Chicago on Easter Sunday, so understandably a room was not yet available when we arrived, but we were able to complete the check-in process and store our bags until a room was available (when we returned from our wanderings around 1 PM). Our room (216) was cozy and welcoming, and nice and clean.
Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends