Schoolhouse Hotel
US$217
US$198
US$270
  • Restaurant
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$158
US$516
US$490
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$362
US$344
Hotwire.com
1,252 results
All reviewsfree moviesunique hotelgrand canalcity centreminute walkmerrion squareaviva stadiumtrinity collegebord gais theatregreat barquiet locationroom was largedublin airportbar fooddart stationbreakfast was deliciousgrafton st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The place was lovely, and being right beside the canal makes for a pretty quaint view. The staff were incredibly friendly with every request I made, the rooms were very comfortable and the location was very good, just a 10' walk from Temple Bar.

100% recommended! Everything you want from a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Iosif L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed here at The Schoolhouse 4 Star Hotel, Ballsbridge. This is truly a gem of a place. Our room was quite large, the beds amazing with crisp sheets. But the restaurant food was impeccable. It was so good we ate there both nights that we stayed in Dublin. the front desk was very helpful with instructions on how to get around in the city. There is also an Irish pub on sight. It is within walking distance of Trinity College. We would absolutely go back and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sally m
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The service here was excellent, and the food was very good too. The distance from the town centre was a bit further than I had planned. If you aren't up for a walk then I would stay closer to the centre. The room was well equipped, with a big comfortable bed, desk TV etc. The only reason this isn't a 5 star review is that my pillows and duvet really smelt of cigarettes, something I haven't experienced in quite a while. The sheets were also over-starched which I don't like. Both of these made it difficult for me to get to sleep. I was so tired after my journey though that once I was in bed I couldn't face getting up again to complain, and I was only staying one night. If it bothers you I would strongly suggest asking for a non-smoking room (if they have them).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We arrived after a long flight from New York to Dublin and were greeted by the friendly and accommodating staff at the Schoolhouse Hotel. Jenni who had helped me with rental car information and other questions via email prior to our travels is a great example of what customer service should be, friendly, helpful and welcoming. We stayed in the headmistresses room and were impressed with the room both in decor and comfort. The shower and tub were great and the bed was very comfy. We ordered room service and were impressed with the service and quality of the food. This is a perfect hotel if you are looking for a bit of a quiet escape within the city with excellent customer service and accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
SchoolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Amie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We strive to exceed out customers expectations in both the service we provide and the customer servicer we deliver so it is always rewarding to receive such positive feedback. We do hope you come visit us the next time you're in Dublin.

Warm Regards,

Therese Seale

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in dozens of hotels in Dublin but never the Schoolhouse Hotel.

I needed to stay overnight in that area last Friday night and selected the Schoolhouse over its neighbours based on its over all price, location, parking etc....

I've previously been in the bar of the Schoolhouse so had an idea of what to expect. .. once I checked in and got to the room I realised my expectations were way too low. This is a gem of a hotel!

Everything is "quaint"... from the huge old style room key to the home style feel of the bedrooms.

We had dinner and breakfast there and can say the food is very good. The bar attacts a nice mix of people with live music and the blazing fire bringing in that final touch that reminds you it's a great Irish hotel.

My only regret is not staying here years ago because I wouldn't have bothered going anywhere else over the last few years.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Mr. Quinn,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am delighted to hear that your first experience with us at The Schoolhouse Hotel was such an enjoyable one. We hope it was the first of many to come.

Kindest Regards,