Schoolhouse Hotel
US$278
US$253
US$202
US$169
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
  • Breakfast included
1,260 results
All reviewsfree moviesunique hotelgrand canalcity centreminute walkmerrion squareaviva stadiumtrinity collegebord gais theatregreat barquiet locationroom was largedublin airportbar fooddart stationbreakfast was deliciousgrafton st
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I had only an afternoon and evening in Dublin as we had a layover from Rome to Boston. Great place, great location and a great bar. I only gave them a negative review since the woman on the front desk at the time we were there (both afternoon and the next morning) was very curt and not friendly at all. I felt intimated even to ask her a question and I felt I was either interrupting her or putting her out based upon her response and body language. In all fairness, I have addressed this directly with the general manager and she assured me she would look into it.

This was a real bummer but in all fairness, this was a great place. I thought the room and pub were fantastic and it was greatly disappointing not to spend more time there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SchoolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Many thanks for your recent review and indeed sending me your feedback directly. I was delighted to read of your very positive comments in relation to our rooms and our bar.

As promised I did follow up on the issues raised in your email and can assure you this has been addressed.

You mention you would have liked to have spent more time with us and we also would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back. You have my direct contact details so please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever visit Dublin in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Therese Seale

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed overnight on business.
Reception staff were not very welcoming .
Building is an old schoolhouse with far too many doors making it very difficult for moving suitcases.
Rooms average with wooden floors. Bathroom floors had loose floorboards with crevices between boards. Not very hygienic.
Breakfast was average.
Only really good thing about this hotel is its location.
Would not return to it again

Room Tip: Get a room at back as front is noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We spent a couple if nights at this hotel on the recommendation of a local. It's little out of town but not so far that you can't walk to Trinity College and the National Art Gallery. plus shopping on Grafton Street.

Nicely placed next to a canal lock, this old school has been furnished in smart traditional style, beds a little firm but rooms clean and spacious. Even the heater/air con is hidden behind a wooden lattice!

You can eat in the restaurant or the bar from the same menu of nicely cooked and planned dishes. Breakfasts were fresh, with hot food cooked to order and coffee with character.

The staff are very friendly, and with 24 hour reception you can stay out late and be greeted with a smile on your arrival back.

It was pleasing to have free wifi, surely a basic in hotels these days.

All in all I concur with our recommendation. This is a reasonably priced hotel that offers a different experience than modern international places that offer bland homogeneity. We would return!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Earthsounz,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Your comments in relation to our location, rooms, bar, restaurant and of course our friendly staff are very much appreciated.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back to The Schoolhouse at some time in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Therese Seale

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here in summer 2013 - a really interesting and lovely place. We had previously been in another city and had a bad hotel experience (not as advertised) so it was a great relief to arrive at the Schoolhouse and find it as good as advertised. Friendly staff, interesting decor, good food and drinks. I enjoyed the historical notes found throughout the property and at each room. Definitely within walking distance of Dublin sites. I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

'Twas the week before Christmas... and the Schoolhouse Hotel had been selected as the destination for our office party. The price: €35 + wine (which easily cost an extra €15 per head).

I started with a beetroot and blue cheese chicory salad, followed by a creamy sweet potato risotto and a bread and butter pudding for dessert. All but the pudding were excellent (it was small and a bit bland).

The service was friendly and the food was nice... the price was a bit steep but it is D4 after all! In the spirit of Christmas I'll give them a '4 out of 5' ... but take note that this is me being generous.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends