Schoolhouse Hotel
Dylan Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
1,252 results
All reviewsfree moviesunique hotelgrand canalcity centreminute walkmerrion squareaviva stadiumtrinity collegebord gais theatregreat barquiet locationroom was largedublin airportbar fooddart stationbreakfast was deliciousgrafton st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice rooms, well furnished, good service, lovely dining area with lots of history. Sort of a hike down to most destinations ---- actually the hotel is in Ballsbridge, just across the city boundary. But we are walkers and found it workable. Some nice touches: the staffs brings around ice to the room in late afternoon. Only complaint: the pillows are flat and hard - not up to the standard of the rest of the linens and decor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Christmas present to my wife and I led us to visit Dublin for the first time in February. The Schoolhouse was chosen for my wife because she is a school teacher.
The hotel itself is a former school and is a very unique looking building. Located in Ballsbridge on the bank of Dublin's Grand Canal the hotel is perfectly situated for getting into the city or going to watch sporting action at the Aviva Stadium.
Inside the hotel the highlight has to be the double height restaurant which is located in what appears to be a former school hall. The bar is lively and vibrant with a brilliant Irish coffee.
The hotel staff are typically Irish, very friendly and helpful. I was a little disappointed with some of the decor with parts of the hotel, it didn't personally suit me and looked a little dated.
The food in the restaurant is good and reasonably priced. The breakfast is excellent, lots of choice no matter your taste. I personally enjoyed the Irish Breakfast with Irish pudding and beautiful mushrooms.
If you're looking to visit Dublin the Schoolhouse Hotel is certainly worth considering

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

On Sunday May 4th we got married in The Schoolhouse Hotel. Everything was flawless! The staff were so hospitable, enthusiastic and friendly. We had a small wedding of around 16 guests total. So we just ordered off the bar menu for our lunch. They printed out our own personalised menus and everything! The food was absolutely delicious! I still dream about those fishcakes! Even my granny, who is the pickiest eater in the world loved the food! She even brought her leftovers home with her! We were all able to sit at the same table in the balcony area. It was nice and quite and private and when I think about it, it really was like heaven.
The room that our ceremony was held in was so intimate, we gave Therese a few bits and bobs to decorate and she did an outstanding job! It was all so personal.

We had a large reception in Café En Seine that evening, so 10 of us booked rooms in The Schoolhouse, the rooms were really nicely decorated. I was able to have a bath before we left for our reception, which was wonderful. I was so relaxed.
To finish everything off, we all had breakfast there the next morning. Once again the food was delicious. It was such a blissful experience

I cannot thank the staff enough for making us all feel so special on our wedding day. There were so many little extra touches, it was completely stress free, we were both smiling from ear to ear when the bill came!

I cannot recommend The Schoolhouse Hotel highly enough! It was absolutely outstanding in every way!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbudab
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel & restaurant met all our expectations, the staff were extremely attentive and helpful, even found my sweatshirt I'd left in the bar - Guiness was very good.
The rooms are very comfortable, and the mezzanine in the restaurant was like being in a private dining room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had our wedding at the Schoolhouse hotel, I cannot recommend this place enough, the staff were so welcoming and very professional. No stone was left unturned and all with so little stress. The rooms were perfect, food delicious. Everything was perfect and that is feedback from the guests at the wedding too. It is an excellent location for holiday makers so I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sorry I clicked on fitness centre in error with my ratings
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple