“Certainly NOT a boutique experience.”

Roxford Lodge Hotel
Ranked #9 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Certainly NOT a boutique experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Staff friendly. Breakfast very expensive. Room clean but not as expected from website. TV poor picture quality. Shower leaked. View was awful looked over a builders yard. Too far from city centre. This was supposed to be our wedding anniversary treat and we were very disappointed. Not as described on website and certainly not a boutique hotel. Stayed in nicer bed and breakfast accomodation for half the price.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Rachael E
Lynnsie O, Manager at Roxford Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Rachel E,

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback about your stay with us. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that you did not have a fantastic experience while here at our Hotel. I wish that you would've alerted us to the fact that you were unhappy with your room and we would have happily changed you straight away.
We try to offer a vast selection of breakfast choices. All of our hot breakfasts cooked fresh to order, at a competitive price and I am sorry to learn that you were not pleased with the value for money.
I really hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to change your opinion of the Roxford Lodge Hotel.
I hope that you still passed an enjoyable anniversary weekend.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay not being all it should have been.

Kind Personal Regards,

Lynnsie O'Donoghue
Roxford Lodge Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is off the between path, but an easy jaunt into the city center. It's only about a 20 to 30 min. walk or 5 to 10 min. by the num. 4 or 7 bus. The staff is friendly and helpful. They recommended a day trip that was very nice and answered all my questions. Stayed here a week, Thursday to Thursday. Would stay here again!

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed 4 nights in a single room at this hotel in October,while visiting Ireland along with my brother and sister-in-law. The rooms are quite small, and I found the inclusion of an in-room sauna somewhat puzzling. However, the room was very clean, with comfortable bedding, good heating and sufficient amenities (soaps, shampoo, body lotion, a kettle, teabags and instant coffee). The shower is in a bathtub, and the shower screen isn't entirely effective. The water takes some time to heat up. These are only minor negatives, though. The hotel feels very secure, and there is free (albeit cramped) parking available - a huge bonus. The breakfast was hearty and well cooked. I found all of the staff to be helpful and friendly. It's about 15 minutes of brisk walking to the tourist centre (Trinity College, Temple Bar) - not a problem when I was there, as the weather was "mild" for that time of year, but it would be a less comfortable distance if it was wet and windy. At a rate of around AUD115 per night, I felt that this was a good value hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
West Ewell, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived early at this pleasant hotel and offered coffee and biscuits instantly, which was a nice touch! Our room was in the basement overlooking a court yard, the room was more than adequate although quite small, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept on in a hotel. The hotel was very clean and staff very helpful and knowledgable. Breakfast was huge, fresh and delicious. Location ideal with a bus stop right outside the hotel, 4 or 7 takes you to O'Connell Street. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TAG95
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've been making an annual trip to Ireland for the past 8 or 9 years and always look forward to staying at the Roxford Lodge. The owners are constantly refurbishing and upgrading their rooms and they are doing a fine job. The rooms are spotlessly clean and their linens are top quality. I love that they offer free parking in their secured lot at the rear of the hotel. They also offer a variety of options for the included breakfast and each one is delicious -- fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, full Irish breakfast, french toast, cheeses, just to name a few items. Ballsbridge is a nice, quiet area of Dublin and the American Embassy is just down the road from the hotel. Staff is super gracious and very helpful. They offered great suggestions for restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. They have a computer w/printer in the lounge which guests are free to use and complimentary wi-fi is available throughout the hotel. A short bus ride takes you very close to Trinity College and Grafton Street, and the bus stop is right across the street from the hotel (if you take the same bus back, the stop is right outside the front door). I've stayed at 3 other hotels in Dublin as well, and this one is far and away my favorite one, and the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Concord, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here for about a week in October. From the moment we got in at 5:30 am to the time we left for the airport we felt completely at ease and taking care of. My friend got really the sick the first day and the staff manged to check us in early and always asked how she was feeling. The room was very nice and big for European rooms. Plenty of space for two people including a sauna. They even give you DVD's to watch! The hotel in is Ballsbridge and is a bout a 10-15 min walk to downtown area. It's all one road and very safe. The neighborhood is actually really pretty and I recommend walking around a bit. You also get a good nights sleep due to little street noise if any. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and would be sure to pick it when I return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a very nice B&B. Outstanding breakfast with service to match. We had a room overlooking the back parking lot. Very quiet. 2 double beds. Not a lot of room to move around with 2 suitcases open but adequate room. Very clean linen and bathroom. Our friends arrived 2 hours early to meet us and were welcomed with tea in a large sitting room with a fire. Irish manners are the friendliest in the world. Cab drivers were extremely friendly and kept trying to round the fare DOWN as I was rounding it up! These were not wealthy men, just very caring and warm towards myself and my wife. We stayed 3 nights and had no complaints about anything here. They have an agreed price for taxis to the airport posted on the door for guests. (23 Euros approx, I think.)
Walking to the center of Dublin was about 15 minutes and we walked it every day, walking home in the dark every night. Never felt uncomfortable in the neighborhood. Temple Bar is a bit of a hike if you're not used to walking but ok. I would not trade the Irish B&B experience here for a traditional hotel. Our friends were just a number at the downtown hotel, not a treasured guest. We had already driven ourselves down the West coast, staying at a different B&B every night so we expected and received the same warm welcome in the big city of Dulin at this place as we had in the rural coutryside of the West coast

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple