“Beautiful rooms and great location!”

Roxford Lodge Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Roxford Lodge Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet at night! The location of the hotel was great - close to good restaurants in a quiet part of the city.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast that we decided to pay the extra fee for was delicious!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I am writing this here on my last of 4 nights. Upgraded to the new rooms in the back and it's very nice. The best part is the service and the staff goes out of their way to help. This morning I asked if they had a DVD copy of Michael Collins and not only did they go buy it, they picked up a documentary on him as well. Wonderful service!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FunTrvlCpl
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Roxford Lodge for 3 nights.It was okay but the room was quite cramped, there was a "sauna" room within the room I would have preferred a usable space rather than sauna but that is probably just a personal thing. It was dark in the room and difficult to get to the window to open the drapes as there was a small table and chairs there and we needed to put a suitcase on the floor there too. Breakfast was pleasant with a small but reasonable choice. You can catch a bus easily into the city or walk if you like a good walk. It is in a pleasant neighbourhood which we enjoyed walking around. A nice shopping area nearby with some good eateries. Overall a nice stay but not wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winelover55
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I enjoyed the Roxford Lodge, loved the big rooms and the Sauna. Everyone at the front desk was incredibly helpful and the front room was very relaxing. Bus stop close by and really liked the neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank emmy r
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at Roxford Lodge for two nights in June 2014. Single room, small and a bit strange as it has a sauna inside the room and I was afraid of using it. The window of the room is turned to the outside stairs of the hotel so I could never open the window, not even the curtains.
The bed very confortable, good shower, free wifi with great speed and this was really important for me. The sauna occupies lots of space in the room and most of all I was afraid of increasing the temperature of the room by using it.
Continental breakfast was ok and the lady at the breakfast room is very attentive and nice.
Everyone I met at the reception was always very nice. The hotel is not very close to the city main atractions but I easily walked (15minutes)
There's a bus from the airport (number 702) stopping really close to the hotel, no need to take a taxi.
There's a great place to eat very close to the hotel: The School house Hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 17 June 2014

More a guest house than ' Boutique ' hotel. Sub standard, small room and bathroom, all very dreary and in need of a good overhaul.

Very over priced, breakfast also not included.

All in all a total rip off!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Peter B
Lynnsie O, Front Office Manager at Roxford Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mr. Peter B.,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.

I am incredibly sorry and disappointed that you felt your stay was not up to our usual high standards. May I start by apologizing unreservedly for failing to meet your expectations, it is unacceptable and I can assure you we take your feedback very seriously indeed.

I will review the points you have raised with the wider management team here at the Hotel and address them accordingly. Our rates are usually highly competitive and we have often been told several times that we offer far better value than most hotels in our area. We also offer all of our customers the option of room only rates and/or B&B rates.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity, at some point in the future, to show you the high standards of service we can and do deliver.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Roxford Lodge Hotel again.

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

It's not exactly in the center of the city, but if you don't mind a quick walk (15min) or using the bus it will be a great location for you. Our only problem was the parking situation at first: We arrived on a Friday afternoon of a bank holiday, and had been a little overwhelmed by Dublin traffic. Huge accident on the highway, but going back roads was almost just as bad. My husband ended up parking on the sidewalk while I ran in to try to figure out where he should park. The gal at the front desk was helpful in directing us to the back parking, and the rest of our stay was great after that. The bedroom we were in was a little dated in decor, but it still was nice. It was fun to have a sauna to relax in after all the hiking we had been doing! It has wifi and the staff was kind. No problems for us and it was a great deal compared to some of the hotel deals I saw for Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple