“Cosy, clean, friendly Hotel.”

Roxford Lodge Hotel
Ranked #9 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Galway
“Cosy, clean, friendly Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It was a lovely warm, clean and cosy hotel. The staff were so friendly and the breakfast was lovely. The bus into town was just across the road and the bus back was on O'Connell Bridge not Supermacs like i was told at the hotel. It used to be across from Supermacs but its moved now.I would stay at this hotel again if I was going to a concert at the aviva stadium. We didn't use the Sauna but did use the jacuuzi bath, which was fab.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TeresaCappataggle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Personal, chique, not too far from center, staff is very polite and helpful. We felt welcome and respected. Ideal when looking for a quiet and comfortable place to rest when returning from a busy trip during the day. Prices are not expensive.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed in 3 single rooms, all spotlessly clean with all facilities necessary, e.g. fridge, fax, kettle, flat-screen tv. Each room has an individual sauna, which takes up a bit of room, and probably a bit unnecessary, and each bathroom had a jacuzzi bath. Good selection at breakfast - lovely fresh home-made brown bread - definitely won't go hungry! Will stay here again no problem and would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Slocum, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

This is a WONDERFUL place to stay while in Dublin. Highly, highly recommend it. The area is nice. We felt safe walking all around the area. There are many good eating places within walking distances. Also, the bus stops right in front of the hotel.
The hostesses are OUTSTANDING. The breakfast is great. I found absolutely nothing negative about this place. Stay here...........you will be pleased!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for two nights and were very pleased with the location (it's quite a walk to the city center BUT there is a bus stop right out front if you choose) and the cleanliness! We only ate breakfast here (room service was GREAT!) and the Full Irish breakfast was amazing! The only gripe I have is that the girl at the front all 3 days we were there was professional but not friendly. We also did not use the sauna since the hotel has no air conditioning and it was warm during our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Northern, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

This is a lovely small hotel. I'm going to start with the only minor annoyance - barking dogs. Someone in the neighborhood has one or two yappers. During the day we barely noticed the occasional small barking fit, but the few times it occurred at night it was annoying - I am a light sleeper. Hope the Lodge purchases the dogs and gives them to a farmer far, far away.

Other than that, the Lodge is a delight - a bargain in Dublin, clean, pleasant, and with helpful, friendly staff, especially the proprietor, Des.

Transport: Our children are both under age 10, and we had no trouble taking the bus to and from downtown (the bus stop is right out in front of the hotel!) for daily tourism. This was very inexpensive, about 3 euros for our family of four, I believe. Also, the airport coach (bus) lets off and picks up about a block away. Sometimes, after a long day of walking around the main tourist areas, our little ones got tired and we took taxis back to the hotel. The taxi trip from downtown to the lodge was about 10 or 12 euros with tip, I believe.

Bedrooms: very nice; clean, comfortable. We had the "family room" and the room was a good size even by American standards, with one large bed and two twin beds, and a sauna and a bathroom with two sinks and a jacuzzi tub/shower. Wow! Also a sturdy desk and a small table with chairs. Perfect. The decor was pleasant, and there was a stained glass inset in the door to the bathroom...
Comfortable pillows were provided (probably there were also some featherdown ones amongst the many on the beds, but I seized a synthetic-fill one) - good for allergy sufferers. The bedding was very comfortable as well.

Free wifi! We downloaded email on our mobile phones each morning and evening.

Food: super. This was the most sumptuous "continental" breakfast we've ever had - various cereals, yogurts, cheeses, fruit salad, juices, coffee, teas, two kinds of toast - and it was included in our room rate. One can also order the "full Irish breakfast" - a cooked breakfast - for additional amounts, but we are not big eaters and did not. The dining room, by the way, has a beautiful round painted ceiling inset with tiny "stars" that change colors - I don't know how to describe this, but it fascinated my children and kept them occupied at times so my husband and I could converse.

Laundry: laundry! The Roxford Lodge will send out your laundry for a very small amount and send it back laundered and folded - they did a huge bag of laundry for us, for about seven euros total (approximately) (this is about what a large hotel chain in London would have charged me to wash a single dress) - I was glad to take the Lodge up on this option.

All in all, this was the perfect option for us. The price was right, a lovely breakfast was included, our children could sleep in a room with us, the amenities were luxurious, and the location, in what is apparently a nice, safe neighborhood of old houses, was very close to city center. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Thymus2
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I was traveling to Ireland with my husband and my parents. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to book here. I am so glad we did! The staff were very friendly and helpful. My father smokes a pipe and they gave him a room with access to a patio. The breakfasts were great. We only had the continental option but it was plentiful. The showers were hot and had good pressure. The sauna in the room was a neat addition but we didn't use it so I can't really comment on it.
It is several blocks from city center but worth the walk. Having the parking area behind the building was a great plus as well.
All in all, it was a great experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple