“~Spent Christmas in The Regency Hotel ~”

The Regency Hotel Dublin
Ranked #117 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Letterkenny, Ireland
“~Spent Christmas in The Regency Hotel ~”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

'Twas the night before Christmas - sorry...still in the mood! We booked 3 rooms - fabulous offer - Christmas Eve, Day & St Stephens day. I stayed many times in the Regency years ago - in fact it would have been my hotel of choice. Celtic tiger came along - big ultra modern hotels canes along & I got sucked in! So, back for the 1st time in years. Read some reviews AFTER I had paid in full & thought - oopps! Oddly enough, any time I spoke with reception on the phone, they were very nice - very accommodating. Got a walk in shower for one of our group in her room. I'm always amazed when I read reviews, they're mostly personally based. As in, everything was great, but people next door woke me etc. I can say, I wasn't wakened, slept like a log, room was warm, clean & spacious. Food was superb. I want to take the Chef home! Housekeeping wanted to know if I needed my room done on Christmas morning! No detail was spared. I have saved the best til last. This is an Olde Worlde Hotel with atmosphere and Olde Dublin to match. If you want sterile, cold, conveyor belt style hotels, you might not like here. But, for a homey genuine Irish welcome & experience, this is the place! I can't name everyone, but Graham in the dining room was an amazing host. The reception staff were so friendly as were all the staff I encountered. As for the food on Christmas Day especially - one word - Awesome! It's lovely to see an Irish Hotel that can still offer customers a fantastic holiday. Sorry, I can't comment on the Spa - I was too busy eating, even though I had my bathing suit with me!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SlimKaren
Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your kind review, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us this Christmas and I will make sure to pass your kind comments to all the Staff and Graham. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Carol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
bangor N.I.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I booked a theatre break through the hotel. We went to see wicked at the bord gais theatre and for the amount we paid we were not expecting too much. How surprised we were. The trip south was uneventful and the Hotel being north of the city made the journey easy. We were booked in very efficiently and the room was huge there was a massive double bed and a single the room was well furnished and clean and warm. we took a bus trip into the centre of Dublin local stop just outside the hotel and a 2 euro cost with buses coming every 2 or 3 minutes we were able to have a couple of pint of the black stuff and not worry about driving. The package included dinner bed and breakfast and although the selection for dinner was small there was something for everyone and hungry man portions it was good. The mini bus then took us directly to the theatre and picked us up again afterwards. we had a great nights sleep and a hearty breakfast in the morning. We didn't avail of the spa facilities although they were included in the package. There are a number of shows pencilled in for the new year and I think we will definatley be back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bangorgooner
Dear Guest
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Theatre Break with us. We have some fantastic Theatre Packages coming up this year so do keep an eye on our website for details as our Theatre Break offers can sell out very quickly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hoepfully you will get the chance to avail of our Spa facilities on your next stay.
derry
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just back from this hotel,booked package theatre deal for myself and my sister.Didn.t review hotel untill after booking so was a bit concerned.On arrival the staff were so pleasant and helpful and we were in a superior room which I,M sure made a difference,very comfortable and clean and warm.We were transport to and from the theatre ,to see "Wicked" which was amazing and the seats could not have been better.The hotel food was very good.The only downfall was the noise in the middle of the night from the tottally selfish party people!!!!!!!!!Apart from that a very enjoyable stay and good value all round.I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank patricia h
Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Theatre Break with us, these are currently our best selling offer and as you have mentioned they are great value for money. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other party goers staying in he Hotel, while we do our best to ensure that guests are not disturbed and have regular security checks of each floor, this is our busy Christmas Party Season and unfortunatey the Hotel is very busy as a result. I do hope that you will come back to stay with us again as we have a great selection of great value theatre breaks coming uo in 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Just a word of advice if anyone is taking advantage of the one day spa break. The free spa treatment only applies to one person. So if a group of 3 people book on it and share a triple room, it will cost you an extra £60 for you all to get a massage.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I Should point out that we do advertise very clearly on our wesbite that our Spa Package includes just one Spa Treatment per room booked, this is noted in both the Package Title and more detailed description. However we do value your feedback and will bear this in mind when reviewing our Spa Package for 2014
Carol

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked a double room on expedia for €48.90 and emailed reception for twim room for myself and my mother which was no problem. Given the price I did not have high expectations...but on arrival the reception staff were lovely, the room was better than I could have imagined...large and a lovely view of the city lights in the distance and bathroom clean.

I had looked at their website and it said that if you inform reception that you are eating in the lounge area that a 10% discount would be given on meals and drinks!!!!...all i had to do was give a pre-authorisation of my credit card and the discount applied..no problem.
Less than 10 minutes drive from the airport I can confirm that this hotel was great value for money. It can be dearer to book directly with the hotel and other websites....but watch out for good deals for this hotel and the value is fantastic. I also used the leisure centre the evening that I arrrived and went back again the following morning before checking out...really lovely!!!!

Highly recommend this for value for money (€48.90 for twin room only - expedia.com) We were heading to the airport the following morning so distance and convenience was fantastic. All staff that we encountered were very nice and helpful.

On the night that we stayed the rooms were not fully booked so it was lovely and quiet...but i can imagine if the place was busy that it could be noisey as the walls really are waifer thin and on passing some rooms in the corridor you could hear in to them very easily and vice versa.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Got room for €48.90 on expedia - double room only. If eating in the lounge let the reception know as...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GREENWHITEGOLD
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found us to be great value for Money, and that our Staff were so helpful to you. Just one comment we guarantee best available price on our own website so you should not find accommodation cheaper on a third party site, also if you book on our Hotel Site you are entitled to free upgrades sunject to availability. Please do contact us to book directly when next staying with us and we will ensure to give the best deal possible
Cork
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently with my husband and daughter. We were looking for somewhere reasonable and convenient to the Helix Theatre at DCU where we were attending an event. It was certainly convenient as it's near the Helix, the Airport and on 3 very good bus routes to the City Centre. The room wasn't exactly luxurious but I expected that at the price of €75 for a triple room on a Saturday night in December. The room was, however, spacious and spotlessly clean and staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there were only 4 pillows available in the room for three beds. There are two sets of lifts in the hotel and they are badly in need of maintenance. They jerk violently when stopping and you are left waiting anxiously for several seconds wondering if they will open at all. The hotel hosted 4 parties the night we were there and the public areas were very noisy. We were dreading the noise in our room so thank God we were on the 4th floor but we still had to put up with a crowd of people having a full scale conversation outside our door at 4am.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room on the top floor to avoid noise from public areas
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, we welcome your feedback.
We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and clean, with regards to your comments on our Lifts, I would like to point out that our Lifts are serviced regularly so this should not have happened. Unfortunatey this is our busy time for Christmas Parties, but I do apologise if you were disturbed by other Hotel Guests. I have passed your constructive comments to our Operations Manager and I can assure you that we will ensure corrective action is taken to prevent a repeat.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Located near the airport ,it is very convenient for the travelers to go to their destinations.The staff are friendly and helpful;they are ready to offer help when we have any trouble.Although we are not used to the western food,they really changed the menu to satisfy our Chinese visitors. Free wi-fi.You swim and have spar without paying .In a word,it is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right can see the Spire .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon