“nice and convienant”

The Regency Hotel Dublin
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times and its like the lotto as to whither you get a good room or bad room. My last stay was very nice but the food in the carvery was not very nice. The staff and nice and friendly. Will stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel.

it is great to hear that you are a repeat customer and enjoyed your last stay. When booking we would recommend that you book a Standard room as our Budget rooms are located in an older part of the Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon

There are newer reviews for The Regency Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on Tuesday 6may in room 2142.the room was standard looking at it it looked clean well until the next morning, when I woke up I was surprised to see specks of red spots on the white sheets (blood spots) I had no cuts r scrapes on my skin.after a few days I came out in itchy red spots as did my mum.we both stayed in the double bed! when I went to my gp she informed me that it was wait for it BEDBUG BITES!!! I have tried to get in touch with hotel management but I am still waiting for he/she to return my call. I would not recommend this hotel well unless u want to covered in bed bug bites!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Orlaith86

Dear Orlaith

Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Please email me on carol@regencyhotels.com and I will ensure that your complaint is dealt with

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My partner and myself had to stay in this hotel for 11 days as our apartment block was being renovated due to some fire damage.

The hotel doesn't look too pretty from the outside. But once you go inside it looks more welcoming. In a strange way, coming to the end of our stay, we began to nearly like the hodge-podge architecture of the hotel. There are unusual little details you will notice on the outside of the hotel that makes you wonder about their inspiration.

The room we stayed in was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the room had everything you would expect. We had a very nice view looking towards the Dublin and Wicklow mountains and could also see the Dublin spire and Liberty Hall. The phone to reception didn't work but we didn't mind. The window though was very hard to open and close and I nearly hurt my back a few times with it, so be careful. The cleaning was done very well and the cleaners were polite and friendly.

The gym is relatively large with modern equipment, resistance and cardio. The changing rooms are large and very clean. I didn't use the pool.

The breakfast was always very nice. We could choose from typical Irish breakfast components, cereals, tinned fruit, toast, juices, tea/coffee, yogurt. We were always completely full from our breakfast. The food from the dinner menu and bar menu was fairly average.

Staff at the hotel are genuinely very friendly. However the organisation and management of the hotel I suspect to be fairly poor.

For our entire stay only one lift was in operation. I didn't see any technician attempt to fix it.

During our stay we had problems with the water in our room. On the fourth day we had no cold water, the only water we had was boiling hot and was unusable. I was told the plumber was busy but would take a look later on. We had to go to work that day without taking showers. Luckily it was fixed that evening.

On the ninth day we had no water in the morning. I was told it would be fixed in 2 hours but we had to go to work without washing ourselves again. That evening the water returned, however it was completely black from dirt. I was told this was due to the replacement of a water tank. I was told to leave our taps running for a few hours so as to allow the dirt to leave the pipes.

We enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, the breakfast, the comfortable bed and the view from our window. We didn't enjoy the poor lunch/dinner, the water issues and the opening/closing of our bedroom window.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Keith

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent extended stay at The Regency Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I apologise for the issues with the Lift, I understand our Lift Maintenence company were sourcing a part to repair it and that this took some time for this reason. Apologies that the issue with the Shower in your room was not sorted out more promptly

Thanks again for your revieew
carol

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stopped over for one night whilst traveling to Cork for a family get together.
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have always received a good level of service etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Food in the Bar was excellent quality and very reasonably priced. Breakfast the next morning was the same - very good quality and good quantity as it was self service. Room was very well appointed and clean and tidy. The Centra supermarket attached is an excellent idea allowing you to stock up with every day items, however I have to confess it did look a little grubby and the complex in some areas is starting to look a bit dated. The function rooms and the Sports complex at the rear are excellent. The sports complex/swimming pool is well worth a visit if you have time.
The hotel is perfectly positioned north of Dublin and is about 10 mins from the Airport.
Overall a good experience and I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol M, Reservations at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Tim,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review of The Regency Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Regency Hotel and that you found the rooms to be clean, the dining facilities to be good quality and that the staff were friendly.
We would love to welcome you back to the Regency Hotel anytime and please feel free to contact the Regency Hotel directly to arrange a booking on reservations@regencyhotels.com or by calling our direct line.

Regards,
Irina V
Reservations

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Unaware we had to select a 'non-budget' room, when we initially arrived we were greeted by a dingy corridor smelling of the the kitchen and smoke. Upon entering the room the first thing to spot was mould on the ceiling, and the furniture was very outdated. The toilet was I flushed for what smelt like a few days and the bath was stained green. The staff were helpful in changing us to a room right next to our friends however we needed to pay an extra €20 to do so. Don't know if the toilet has been flushed still but the morale of the story is book a deluxe or better yet, somewhere in the city which would work out cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2014
Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest

We are sorry to hear yopu had a bad experience at The Regency Hotel. We sell our Budget rooms online at a discounted rate, these rooms are more basic then our standard rooms however everything shoudl still be clean and in working order, which appears not to have been the case for you

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, enjoyed our stay great value for money. Staff were nice and helpful. Spa was lovely and relaxing after our early morning flight. Rooms big and spacious with tea and coffee facility's. Asked staff for an iron and got one brought up straight away. Only downside was location. We had to get buses in to Dublin everyday and taxis back. But overall would defiantly go back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Carol M, Reservartions Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in the Regency last week for 3 nights. We were lucky enough to be upgraded when we arrived and the room was really great. My understanding is that some of the hotel has been refurbished so it's worth asking for a room in one of the updated rooms. The staff were friendly and helpful and the swimming pool facilities in a building beside were exceptional - clean dressing rooms, child friendly pool and even a swimming lane for those of us pretending to keep fit on holiday ;-).We had some sandwiches in the bar which were well presented and tasted good. The only negatives for me would be the breakfast lacked a varied selection like fresh fruit which my fussy toddler likes in the morning - not a huge deal as there is a small supermarket just beside the hotel so I picked some fruit up. Also, some may be turned off by some of the corridors which are a little tatty with threadbare carpets but there seemed to be work going on so I assume the hotel is being updated bit by bit. Location wise it is around 10 to 15 minutes from central Dublin but there are buses and if you have a car the location of Swords Road is ideal if you intend going to both North and South Dublin as that road connects well. Lastly, I have to mention we got a great deal for the 3 nights. We'll be staying there again!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the updated rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. You are correct we are currently in the process of refurbishing all guest rooms due to be completed late 2014
We hope to welcome you back soon