“bad staff”

Ranked #114 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Arinsal, Andorra
“bad staff”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Although the rooms were of average standard and were clean. It was the constant knocking of staff in the morning from 08.00h asking are you checking out. This happened 3 time between 08.00 and 10.30h. Whoch made me feel as i was being forced out a room i had paid for till 11.00h check out time. This was very rude and i would nog recomend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Paul

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Regency Hotel.

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience, you are absolutely correct, check out time is 11am and you should not have been disturbed prior to this. A copy of your constructive review has been sent to our Operations Manager to ensure this does not happen again

Carol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belmullet, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times and its like the lotto as to whither you get a good room or bad room. My last stay was very nice but the food in the carvery was not very nice. The staff and nice and friendly. Will stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel.

it is great to hear that you are a repeat customer and enjoyed your last stay. When booking we would recommend that you book a Standard room as our Budget rooms are located in an older part of the Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon

regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on Tuesday 6may in room 2142.the room was standard looking at it it looked clean well until the next morning, when I woke up I was surprised to see specks of red spots on the white sheets (blood spots) I had no cuts r scrapes on my skin.after a few days I came out in itchy red spots as did my mum.we both stayed in the double bed! when I went to my gp she informed me that it was wait for it BEDBUG BITES!!! I have tried to get in touch with hotel management but I am still waiting for he/she to return my call. I would not recommend this hotel well unless u want to covered in bed bug bites!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Orlaith86
Dear Orlaith

Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Please email me on carol@regencyhotels.com and I will ensure that your complaint is dealt with

Carol

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My partner and myself had to stay in this hotel for 11 days as our apartment block was being renovated due to some fire damage.

The hotel doesn't look too pretty from the outside. But once you go inside it looks more welcoming. In a strange way, coming to the end of our stay, we began to nearly like the hodge-podge architecture of the hotel. There are unusual little details you will notice on the outside of the hotel that makes you wonder about their inspiration.

The room we stayed in was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the room had everything you would expect. We had a very nice view looking towards the Dublin and Wicklow mountains and could also see the Dublin spire and Liberty Hall. The phone to reception didn't work but we didn't mind. The window though was very hard to open and close and I nearly hurt my back a few times with it, so be careful. The cleaning was done very well and the cleaners were polite and friendly.

The gym is relatively large with modern equipment, resistance and cardio. The changing rooms are large and very clean. I didn't use the pool.

The breakfast was always very nice. We could choose from typical Irish breakfast components, cereals, tinned fruit, toast, juices, tea/coffee, yogurt. We were always completely full from our breakfast. The food from the dinner menu and bar menu was fairly average.

Staff at the hotel are genuinely very friendly. However the organisation and management of the hotel I suspect to be fairly poor.

For our entire stay only one lift was in operation. I didn't see any technician attempt to fix it.

During our stay we had problems with the water in our room. On the fourth day we had no cold water, the only water we had was boiling hot and was unusable. I was told the plumber was busy but would take a look later on. We had to go to work that day without taking showers. Luckily it was fixed that evening.

On the ninth day we had no water in the morning. I was told it would be fixed in 2 hours but we had to go to work without washing ourselves again. That evening the water returned, however it was completely black from dirt. I was told this was due to the replacement of a water tank. I was told to leave our taps running for a few hours so as to allow the dirt to leave the pipes.

We enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, the breakfast, the comfortable bed and the view from our window. We didn't enjoy the poor lunch/dinner, the water issues and the opening/closing of our bedroom window.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Keith

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent extended stay at The Regency Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I apologise for the issues with the Lift, I understand our Lift Maintenence company were sourcing a part to repair it and that this took some time for this reason. Apologies that the issue with the Shower in your room was not sorted out more promptly

Thanks again for your revieew
carol
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stopped over for one night whilst traveling to Cork for a family get together.
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have always received a good level of service etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Food in the Bar was excellent quality and very reasonably priced. Breakfast the next morning was the same - very good quality and good quantity as it was self service. Room was very well appointed and clean and tidy. The Centra supermarket attached is an excellent idea allowing you to stock up with every day items, however I have to confess it did look a little grubby and the complex in some areas is starting to look a bit dated. The function rooms and the Sports complex at the rear are excellent. The sports complex/swimming pool is well worth a visit if you have time.
The hotel is perfectly positioned north of Dublin and is about 10 mins from the Airport.
Overall a good experience and I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol M, Reservations at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Tim,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review of The Regency Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Regency Hotel and that you found the rooms to be clean, the dining facilities to be good quality and that the staff were friendly.
We would love to welcome you back to the Regency Hotel anytime and please feel free to contact the Regency Hotel directly to arrange a booking on reservations@regencyhotels.com or by calling our direct line.

Regards,
Irina V
Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Unaware we had to select a 'non-budget' room, when we initially arrived we were greeted by a dingy corridor smelling of the the kitchen and smoke. Upon entering the room the first thing to spot was mould on the ceiling, and the furniture was very outdated. The toilet was I flushed for what smelt like a few days and the bath was stained green. The staff were helpful in changing us to a room right next to our friends however we needed to pay an extra €20 to do so. Don't know if the toilet has been flushed still but the morale of the story is book a deluxe or better yet, somewhere in the city which would work out cheaper.

• Stayed April 2014
Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Regency Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest

We are sorry to hear yopu had a bad experience at The Regency Hotel. We sell our Budget rooms online at a discounted rate, these rooms are more basic then our standard rooms however everything shoudl still be clean and in working order, which appears not to have been the case for you
regards