“Great stay”

The Bonnington Dublin
Ranked #118 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel, ready for the One Direction weekend, hotel was well prepared with One direction food menu which went down well with the younger guests. Rooms were good and we had a great view and able to see Croke Park! Food in the restaurant was really good, all went down well, mine are fussy eaters so that was a plus. Staff were excellent. So pleasant, polite and helpful, I had read some negative reviews but on first hand experience I will definitely be back. Used the pool, Saturday morning pool towels available after 10am and think pool opens at 8 so maybe take some from the room. Only thing I noticed was the showers at the pool were too hot for kids to use as there was no mixer taps so maybe wash and do hair in the rooms, take your swim caps and told after I went back to the room to leave valuables as there were no lockers that I needed a deposit for the towels, I was about to give up at that stage until the another employee said I could use my room card for the deposit, more helpful thank God. Really enjoyed the weekend and finished it with a trip to Dublin Zoo which was fantastic!!

Room Tip: Rooms nearer lift , 3106, good view of Croke Park .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from dublin stayed at this hotel nice place good quiet sleep hotels abit dated but nothin at all wrong with it wud defo stay there again for weekend visit bit far from the main places to party but buses are always running so jump on 1 of them dont get taxi there well expensive but all round good freindly place to visit .Ireland and the regency I will be back thank u for lettin me spend my 30th in ur company

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pipster1984
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for a concert in Croke Park. Couldn't get any other accommodation within a reasonable budget near the hotel. I travelled by car and parked overnight for €8 which was very reasonable. Despite the many other people checking into the hotel, the staff at reception were friendly and accommodated us as quickly as they could.

The rooms were large and clean, and the bathrooms seemed to be relatively new. The only problem was that we could hear everything in the room next to us. This was a shame!

We ate in the bar before the concert. The service wasn't great and some of the food was cold when it was served but they removed this from the bill. The burgers and steak sandwhiches were generally very good. We had breakfast in the hotel also, 10euro for adults, 5 euro for kids It was plentiful and well stocked. We were happy with it.

The hotel has a great swimming pool with a jaccuzi, sauna and steam room available. 5euro deposit for the lockers and 1euro deposit for the towels.

All in all, we were happy with our stay. I would stay there again for a concert, but not sure i would advise anyone to stay there if visiting Dublin for a few days (simply because of the locaiton), unless you are getting a super cheap deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbugjen
Carol M, Reservations Manager at The Bonnington Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon

regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Although the rooms were of average standard and were clean. It was the constant knocking of staff in the morning from 08.00h asking are you checking out. This happened 3 time between 08.00 and 10.30h. Whoch made me feel as i was being forced out a room i had paid for till 11.00h check out time. This was very rude and i would nog recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Dear Paul

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Regency Hotel.

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience, you are absolutely correct, check out time is 11am and you should not have been disturbed prior to this. A copy of your constructive review has been sent to our Operations Manager to ensure this does not happen again

Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times and its like the lotto as to whither you get a good room or bad room. My last stay was very nice but the food in the carvery was not very nice. The staff and nice and friendly. Will stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel.

it is great to hear that you are a repeat customer and enjoyed your last stay. When booking we would recommend that you book a Standard room as our Budget rooms are located in an older part of the Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon

regards

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on Tuesday 6may in room 2142.the room was standard looking at it it looked clean well until the next morning, when I woke up I was surprised to see specks of red spots on the white sheets (blood spots) I had no cuts r scrapes on my skin.after a few days I came out in itchy red spots as did my mum.we both stayed in the double bed! when I went to my gp she informed me that it was wait for it BEDBUG BITES!!! I have tried to get in touch with hotel management but I am still waiting for he/she to return my call. I would not recommend this hotel well unless u want to covered in bed bug bites!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Orlaith86

Dear Orlaith

Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Please email me on carol@regencyhotels.com and I will ensure that your complaint is dealt with

Regards