“Was all going well”

The Regency Hotel Dublin
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had a great time there! Hotel was good for what you pay!! The Spa and pool is lovely ! Really nice! Great getting in and to the city ! Is old fashioned but I didn't mind that ! We had lovely view out our window!! Well them we where getting all packed up to check out witch is 11:30 witch we read in booklet in room. At 11:05 about where had a receptionist named Laura barge into our room looking for us to leave we even had door locked from inside from night before their keys must over ride that! Well I'm sorry we could have been naked or anything else I thought was uncalled for! When check out is 11:30 should mean that!! Enjoying myself till that! I was very rude of her!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TaralouiseC
There are newer reviews for The Regency Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 1 July 2014

In Dublin to see Biffy Clyro in the grounds of Kilmainham hospital. Aside from the concert being unreal, the hotel wasn't too bad either.
The staff were friendly and professional and on the night we stayed the hotel was booked out as well as being host to several functions (karate comp/ weddings) but the staff assured us noise would not be a problem, and they were right. It was refreshing to hear nothing outside our room which was located on the first floor.
The entrance to the hotel is quite modern but the actual hotel is a little dated, bland colour schemes and old fashioned decor, although in some respects this added to its charm.
In the room we had a few issues that we didn't think were worth raising with staff as they were clearly busy that night, and it was after all just a place to lay our heads.
The bath had no plug, although the bathroom was finished quite nicely, and the TV turned itself off at regular intervals. Also the bed was a little hard for my liking. The halls around the cooking and eating area also smelt a little of stale grease, but I cant fault the general cleanliness or attitude of the staff.
We only ate in the bar, not the restaurant, and although we thought the food and drink a little pricey, the standard was good and the meal enjoyable.
There is also a handy centra next door for any odds and ends you may need: cigarettes, toothbrushes, morning papers etc.
There is a gym, spa and pool attached to this hotel and it is free to guests, the gym is well laid out with modern equipment and weights and the pool looks lovely with waterfall effect features (there is a 5 euros refundable deposit for lockers and 1 euro charge for towel rental).
This is just a nice old fashioned hotel, becoming modern in places.
Transport into the city centre is cheap and very nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were fine for one night and I think it's geared more for the overnight or quick business trip. For some reason I had to go get our food instead of it being brought to the room but I did enjoy a drink at the bar and a nice conversation with the bar tender. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

After our disappointment at Donegal we travelled back to Dublin for our last night, on looking on trip advisor we did not hold out much hope of improving our hotel standard from Donegal But having arrived at the regency & being given our room 4434 we were amazed how nice it was. When we went to the bar a young couple we spoke too said we were lucky to be in the newish bit rather than the old side which was not very nice. Food was good & our time there was more pleasant than we thought.

Room Tip: ask for the new side of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The regency hotel is definitely the worst hotel ever, I'd rather stay in a prison cell.
Holes around the boarding of the room, rust and stains everywhere, curtains don't close, shower glued onto the wall. room directly above smokers area, constantly stinks of smoke if window open. Above the private function area where music goes on till late, so loud the floor vibrated. Complained yet no apology. Also asked to move room, they reckon they'd over booked and there was no spare room. Not worth the money at all. Don't waste your time. Would never recommend and definitely never stay here again. Good luck if you do!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Emily9001
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading the reveiws of this place - I was dreading it. So what did I find. Pleasant & helpful staff. A great room with a wonderful vew over Dublin. Breakfast was basic but did the job,. The bar staff could have been a bit more switched on, The racket outside the front of the hotel at chucking out time was horrendous. But would I stay here again? for the price? yes?.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FlannoUk
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Due to random flight delays, I stayed at this place two separate times during my short Ireland visit. It was the cheapest hotel I could find with last minute availability.

The service was actually pretty good, the staff quite friendly and helpful, but overall the hotel itself was rather shabby. Carpets were old, bed was springy, lighting was dim. It was also a long walk from the parking lot to the entrance.

The first time I was there I got a room in the newer(?) wing, and it did have a nice shower tub. But the second time I got a tiny room in the old creepy wing, tucked in a corner. The elevator up was slow and wobbly, the floors were creaky and un-level. I also got lost through random corridors when taking the stairs down. The hotel kinda reminded me of the movie The Shining, but the maze was indoors.

This place would make a great setting for some sort of haunted mansion event for Halloween!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends