“dont book the cheap room”

The Regency Hotel Dublin
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

we booked a cheap room online after we checked in we went to our room to find the curtains were being replaced wich was fine so we waited for him to finish room was a fair bit dated but obviously they are working on it our main problem was the toilet didnt work properly water just kept flowing i fixed it myself because it was late then as we went to sleep there was massive spot lights outside our window and the curtains that had just been replaced would not shut so we had to sleep in pretty much daylight all night im sure we just lucked out on this one but... food was good in the bar and the staff were friendly

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Aidan W
There are newer reviews for The Regency Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just had my sceond stay in the Regency over the World Cup Final weekend. What more could we have asked for, a beautiful, hot, sunny Dublin in a lovely wee confortable hotel. We stayed 3 nights and had an absolutely lovely time. The staff from reception and right throughout the hotel were extremely friendly and giving of their time. The manner of the bar and waiting staff made the stay very relaxing when having a meal and or a drink or two. Keith, Stephen and co behind the bar made for good craic with plenty of chat. Barbara was always around fussing to see if everything was ok and her friendly chats made us feel welcomed like family. We really had a great time, my wife and children enjoyed the pool, we thought the room was lovely with a nice view over to Croker. The food was very nice, though I preferred to avail of the bar food (that was just me) but I did like the the restaurant food too. Overal a thoroughly relaxed and enjoyable stay, and you know what, I'm contacting them again now to see if I can organise another we stay in a few weeks time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, nicer view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BefastStraycat
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was really worried about booking into the Regency with my group: 35 members of a brass band. I'd read all of the other reviews, and they seemed to be from one extreme to the other, but I talked to the company who I'd booked with - they spoke to the Regency and found out that the old rooms which haven't been refurbished are those which are only sold online, and very cheaply....groups like mine were always put into the refurbished, newer rooms, which is exactly what happened. We all had fabulous rooms, and were delighted with the hotel generally. The staff are brilliant - really friendly and helpful. The Leisure Centre is fabulous - great pool with two amazing jets/fountains going into it, which are exactly what you need after a long journey/busy day..... Breakfast was extremely good: lovely, fresh eggs, great bacon and sausages etc, and apparently the white pudding was the very best part of breakfast, but I never eat it so I wouldn't know! We all got taxis home each evening, as it is very easy, and I would certainly stay there the next time that I am in Dublin. You get what you pay for.......so if you do book online and go for the cheapest option, do not be too surprised if it isn't that great.......

Room Tip: The rooms are all extremely good value, so go for the best that you can afford, and ask if it is ref...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 27Tibby
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We came on a five day trip via Shearings Holidays, arrived at hotel and staff were very helpful and polite. We we stayed on a half-board basis and can say that the breakfasts and evening meal were superb! Our room was clean and fresh with all facilities you would need, including air conditioning, and considering we stayed during one of Dublins heat waves it was very welcome. The hotel staff responsible for cleaning our rooms even put the air conditioning on for us ready for our return from exploring Dublin City, how good was that! They are in the middle of a refurbishment and you are informed of this, we were lucky to stay in the refurbished rooms, definitely no complaints here. Although there is a pool and spa we didn't make use of them but our fellow visitors only had good comments to make to us about it. There is a bus stop on the m in road and a 10 minute drive will get you into Dublin City on the number 16 bus, this is €2.35 each way. Bus drivers very helpful and will tell you when to get off if you ask them when you get on. We will most certainly be returning to The Regency in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I found this hotel disgusting, I stayed twice and the both times I stayed there, the toilet was never flushed it's like staff are going in and using it, the room was frezzeing, windows wouldn't close right, it's was very expensive to stay for one night and been told you have to leave for 11:00am, before we even got up out of bed alarms went off at 9:00 too tell us to get up basically, the staff were just so rude, the bed looked as if it wasn't changed because there were stains or dirth in the bed from someone's shoes? It was the old part of the hotel we stayed in, but if they are charging high prices for these rooms they should at least clean them, I didn't feel comfortable at all as I was too cold and it felt as if I had no privacy, you could hear everything from the room next door, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I was not happy with my stay as it was just disgusting, smelly and cold!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank AmieeCorcoran
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

For some reason this hotel is listed twice my review is on the other one called The Regency Hotel Spa its titled "Good value but a little noisy". Please read it I hope you find it useful it is a nice place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Matthew F
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Read lots of poor reviews after booking. I stayed some years back and didn't remember anything to worry about.
Booked the 2 night BB and one EM deal. I have to say it was super value,with free use of the leisure club. Had a renovated room so that probably helped. Centra right next door which is a bonus. 15 euros taxi to town
Food was basic school dinners style, the bar was busy and reasonably priced. Staff were all friendly.
Saturday nights entertainment was good. The place was buzzing so it must be doing something right
I would have no hesitation returning..

mpo