The Bonnington Dublin
US$155
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$173
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$207
  • Breakfast included
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Restaurant
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$244
US$206
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2010

The rooms are very clean & spacious with views of the dublin Mountains. It's nice and quiet spot, no problems sleeping.

The bar staff are very friendly and courteous, although I thought the decor of the bar ver dated and the layout poor. It could do with a makeover.

Good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I stayed here with 11 other people for a girls Christmas night away. It had been snowing that day & very cold & the hotel had done nothing to the front steps to avoid slipping so each of us took it in turn to slip going into the hotel.On arrival we were greeted by miserable staff who never once welcomed us to the hotel, didn't inform us of the hotel policies - check out, hotel facilities etc. The girl behind the desk barely spoke two words to us other than to tell us our room number. My room although spacious had a very stronge smell of cigarette smoke. We went to ring the front desk to complain - but the phones in the rooms didn't work (not so great if there had been an emergency). We went down to the front desk, waited 10 minutes and complained but we were met with blank stares from a trainee employee. He didn't even take note of our complaint. The room I stayed in was large, double bed & single bed, had great view of Dublin city but had damp on the walls, radiator nearly hanging off the wall, some kind of burns on the tv, tape holding down parts of the carpet and disgusting mold/cigarette marks on the window sills. The hotel has recently built new conference centre and refurbished their bar but they should have invested the money into some decent carpets, some re-plastering, de molding AND customer service training for their reception staff. I will definitely not be back at the hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank irish616
Reviewed 15 November 2010

On arrival on hotel I was made wait while staff member was on phone ,on getting off phone a half hearted apology was made and proceeded to book me in, but then stopped to log fellow member of staff onto Facebook. I was shocked at this as hotel was empty and was no excuse for the wait, this was very poor practice indeed. In Total it took over 15minutes to get booked in. Which involved me signing a page twice. There was no information provided other then this is your key and he returned back to he colleague to use Facebook. Stayed on 2nd floor , 2nd level was freezing . Room was no better. Radiator worked but was no match for the cold. bed was terrible felt every spring coming through and windows looked as if they hadn't been touched since 1960s .Never staying at this hotel again and will not be recommending same.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vbarry30
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I had booked this hotel as a part of a flight and hotel package offered by Sceptre Tours, and was not sure what to expect from the reviews of this hotel that were posted here - some people get the new rooms and are satisfied, while others get the older rooms and are not happy. Well, I happened to be one of the unfortunate people who got one of the older rooms. I suppose if I was able to pay the 20 euro per day upgrade fee, I would have gotten a better room but my budget could not allow that. My room was worn and shabby - there were obvious bare spots in the carpet, mildew growing near the knobs on the bathtub and the bathroom decor looks like it is from the mid-1980's, it is about 15 years overdue for a refurbishment. My phone did not work (which I did not care about since the phone charges are 40c per minute and did not care to pay that) but the toilet did not work, the handle was loose and it did not flush. To the hotel's credit, I informed reception about it before breakfast the next morning and it was fixed in about an hour. Breakfast was okay, but not worth the 10 euro - if you need to have breakfast, eat here, if not, then take a bus down to the city center where you can have a full breakfast from 7-8.50 euro. The deadbolt on my door unlocked when I opened the door from the inside of my hotel room (no deadbolt I have come across before has done that) which made me feel a bit insecure as a solo female traveler. And here's the best part of my stay, the hotel charged me my 60 euro fee for early check in and 4 days' worth of breakfast twice - once when I checked in, and then presented me with a bill upon checkout which I paid, believing that my card was not charged earlier. Unfortunately I did not find out about this until I arrived home and reviewed my credit card account. Be careful!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank aurorah77
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My 3 friends and I booked a package to Dublin and The Regency was included. We read a lot of horror stories (once the trip was booked) about the hotel, but decided to just make it work! We were pleasantly surprised!!!! The staff was nice, rooms clean and spacious. One room had a fantastic city view and the other looked to the back of the hotel, but all in all, it totally worked for us. We enjoyed the breakfast every morning and found it very easy to hop on ANY bus that came by to get to the city center! Would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends