“Ideal location”
Review of Hotel St. George

Hotel St. George
Ranked #70 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff was very friendly. They also answered quickly to my emails before the trip. The breakfast was good. It was only a 5 minute walk to the city. No traffic noice provided a room to the back yard.

1  Thank Marianne63
karldelaney, Manager at Hotel St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

Dear Marianne,

Thank you for your review of Hotel St George. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Anytime I go to Ireland for tour I stay 3 nts prior and 3 nts post tour. I like to get a good night's sleep and insure my baggage also made the trip. The St George is in a great location for walking around in Dublin City Center and trying out restaurants, pubs and the many other experiences that Dublin has to offer. Everyone at the St George is very friendly and welcoming and could not be nicer and more helpful with any questions. Breakfast is included which is no longer usual and the free WiFi makes me and the I-pad very happy. Counting the days til the next trip to Ireland - in Nov - my 19th tour - and I will be heading for the St George Hotel!!

Room Tip: South Side Rooms quieter on higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rekuehn
karldelaney, Manager at Hotel St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Ruth, Thank you very much for your recent review. It is always nice to hear back from our guests. It was very nice to meet you while you were in Dublin and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Several of us spent two nights at the Hotel St. George in Dublin. I was a bit concerned about the possible noise factor, as the building is old, but I slept OK. Each room seems to be a bit different. My single room had a twin bed, night stand, desk & chair, coffee maker, another chair, TV with a few stations, closet area, and decent size shower. We were a couple minute walk from the O'Connell and Parnell intersection, a Hop On bus, and the airport bus. The included breakfast consisted of juices, yogurt, choice of eggs leading up to a full Irish breakfast, toast, coffee, and tea. The front desk staff were all very helpful and friendly. A decent place to stay for touring Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent and kind review of our Property and for your recommendations. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you also for your kind words about my staff. We are always here to help our guests in anyway that we can. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed four nights and one night on two separate visits. The first was in a room in the back which was quiet. The room in front was on the street and a little noisier. The rooms are somewhat small, but when we travel we use our rooms to sleep and little else. I had trouble sleeping from the eight hour jet lag on the first night. It was 3 AM, but the night clerk was happy to prepare me a pot of tea and some toast and jam. And, some friendly Irish banter. The hotel is directly across from the Gate Theater, so my wife and I went to an impromptu Oscar Wilde play which was an excellent experience.

1  Thank Bill M

Dear Bill, Thank you for your kind review of Hotel St George. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on each occasion. Being a City Center Location our rooms at the front are unfortunately a little noisier than the rooms facing the back but I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the banter with the night staff! We hope to see you again in the future and perhaps you may even get to throw in another impromptu visit to The Gate!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had some trouble finding the hotel when we got off the bus, but once we found it we realized how convenient it was to o'connell street. The room wasn't ready at 2pm when they said it would be, but we waited in the lobby/living room and were able to go in around 2:30.

It's great that there is an elevator and the breakfast was very good ( and included in the price!)

The door appeared to be warped and was tough to open over the carpet. The hotel is in the city and you can hear the cars and street noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
karldelaney, General Manager at Hotel St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Ariel, Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that your room was not available to check-in at 2pm but thank fully the wait was no too long. I am glad that you enjoyed our included breakfast and we hope to see you again some time soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is right at the top of O'Connell Street so you can easily walk to most of the sights in Dublin. Tram stop and bus stops are close by also. Our room was a nice size, with comfortable beds. The breakfast was very good, with a full Irish breakfast for big appetites but also lots of other choices. Staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed here for 6 nights and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
karldelaney, Manager at Hotel St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel St George. We appreciate your positive comments and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is located within an easy walk into Dublin CBD. Our room was small, clean but with old fittings though the bathroom had been updated. Creaky floors meant when the people upstairs were packing in the middle of the night they sounded like elephants in the room. The coridoor floors creaked and groaned underfoot waking us all up in the middle of the night. While I appreciate this is an old building that some noises are inevitable, I think there has to be a point where client comfort is taken into account and something is done to lessen the noise, caulking filling or something.
Our breakfast was good, however the bacon tasted like it had been cooked with fish, and one wait staff member couldnt cope with the workload she had. I didnt appreciate her manner and wagging finger telling me to wait a minute (3 times!!). The other staff members seemed to be coping quite well with their duties.

Room Tip: rooms overlook an internal courtyard that backs into other businesses etc....nothing to see
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at Hotel St George. Our rooms are currently in the process of being updated and it seems you were assigned a room that has yet to be complete. As you pointed out the building is old so there is little we can do in relation to the noise caused by old walls and floors, but I have noted your comments and I will try to address the issue. I would like to apologise on behalf of the staff member in the dining room, at times the dining room can be quite busy and our staff are under pressure. This however is not an excuse and I will address it with my staff.