“ripley court surprise”

Ranked #92 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“ripley court surprise”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

this was a really decent hotel in a very good location.rooms nice and roomy ,very clean modern and a really good standard,would defo stay again and recommend it !easy check in lovely staff .didn't have brekky so cant comment .on first arriving the lobby area is very dull and old looking ,but the rooms were lovely !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Hotel is not in the best area of central Dublin but within 5 minutes you can walk to O'Connell Street and from there Dublin is your oyster. The hotel could use some updating but it is spotlessly clean and the showers are great, really strong. My main complaint would be the size of the double beds. My husband and I are both tall and I must say the double beds are on the small side to be fair. We did enquire if it was possible to change to a room with a larger bed to be told they are all this size. But on a positive note the staff are fantastic, so very helpful and I must thank the guy on reception the night we arrived because he sent us to the most amazing little Italian restaurant we have ever eaten in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoreenH
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed for one night for our anniversary. Hotel is ok, location right near the bus station an about 15 mins walk to temple bar.
Rooms were basic but clean. Could do with a freshen up, all dark wood which is what in my opinion makes the hotel look very dark.
The staff were fab, really helpful and polite.
Breakfast was awful, really fatty and no taste.
We asked could we have a complementary bottle of something with it being our first anniversary and they advised it would cost 25 euro, we never confirmed if we wanted it before we went when communicating with the hotel via email but when we arrived there was a bottle of blossom hill which let's face you can pick up for a fiver!! We told them to take it away!! Bit cheeky really.
Apart from that the hotel was ok for one night in Dublin, you can probably get a better location but would presume it would cost a lot more.... So you pay for what you get!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

So close to city centre and bus station this hotel is really practical for tourists. Stayed 2 nights with family. The area is not the best part of Dublin city but it's fine. The rooms were basic but large. The decor is a little tired but it was clean and towels were fluffy and white.
The worst thing was the old squeaky bed and the rooms were very hot, but all in all it was good for price and location.
Breakfast was good. Lots of choice and freshly prepared.
The staff were all really friendly too.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Rabbitgoeseast
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hi i stayed with my mum for one night the staff were helpfull but we went to darts and when we came back 3 member of staff follow us up stair and said that we are not staying here we never had a room book which we had but room very clean no towels in room the rooms do need thing so that you can make tea or coffee. Breakfast was not good at all the some of the food was cold the tea was off. But got a very good night sleep.

• Stayed March 2014
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I got a very good deal for two nights in this hotel. First things first wifi is available in all rooms, not just reception as it says in one of the previous reviews (and it's free - so full marks). Parking is underneath the hotel and is very easily accessible. The security guards I met in my two day stay were friendly and courteous. The hotel is cosy and the reception staff are friendly too. The room was fairly basic but certainly very comfortable and reflected the price. The corridors are quite plush and have a new carpet smell to them. The TV is a bit on the small side and only has Irish channels. On day one there was a large rectangle over half the screen saying something along the lines of the TV not having the latest version of software (or something similar). On day two it had stopped working altogether. Not being a big TV fan (when free wifi is available) I didn't bother raising the issue. The remote control didn't work anyway so getting off the bed to change channels would have been unthinkable!! The bathroom was fairly basic but again, it's a hotel in the city centre with on site parking and a fantastic price so totally acceptable. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment but I passed the breakfast room after checking out and it smelt wonderful. All in all, a great location and a very good value place to lay ones head. There's a good chance I will return and would have no hesitation recommending it if you can get a good deal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John M
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Started my weekend in Dublin off by realising I'd left my purse on the plane, the reception staff couldn't have been more helpful, they rang the airport ever hour for me and got my purse back. All staff at the hotel were warm and helpful, giving directions and suggesting places to visit. The staff really made my visit what it was! The rooms were a lovely size and bathroom was clean. Would recommend this hotel to anybody!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends