Ripley Court Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$198
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
US$176
US$171
Great 4.5/5
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$215
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$225
Agoda.com
US$281
US$264
1,610 results
All reviewstalbot streetrailway bridgeconnolly stationtemple barminute walkcity centreo connell streetluggage roomtriple roomfull irishtea and coffee making facilitiesbreakfast was includedo'connell stwould stay againbudget hotelstayed here for nightsirish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Ripley Court hotel while attending The Eagles concert , it's very handy to the O2 and city centre, Luas line 2 mins from the hotel, Bathrooms need a little TLC but clean, staff very good with a warm welcome, would stay there again when visiting Dublin

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Myself and my son stayed at this hotel for one night. When we arrived the reception was so dark and dismissal we could barely see where we were going. The receptionist was nice enough but the overall standard of the hotel was no more than two star. In our bedroom the tiles were all broken in the bathroom the furniture and carpets were depressing and for 158 euro a night it was the most expensive dump I have stayed in. The outside of the Hotel was desperate and the underground car park was full of garbage and old beds. The location is central but in not a very nice part of Dublin and at one point a bunch of hoodlams ran into the Hotel and were chased out by the concierge. This is a total disgrace to charge this sort of money for what in most towns and cities you would not pay half this rate. Avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hutchison22
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had initally booked this hotel through booking.com for the 24th May as I was taking my neices and daughter to see One Direction and searched for hotels close to Croke Park. We were unable to get tickets for the concert on the 24th so I contacted the hotel directly to cancel this booking and book for the following night the 25th May. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and cancelled my booking for the 24th and confirmed my booking for the 25th. Later in the year I booked a further room for the same date for other family members to join us so we could spend the following day in Dublin (there were 7 of us in total).
After the drive from Belfast we arrived at the hotel to be greeted by a very nice gentleman at the front desk, who opened the car park up to allow us to park. He directed us to reception. The triple room I had booked was ready but the quad room was not - it states on the website that check in is from 2pm - this was at 2.30.(according to my recept).
On first entering the reception area it was very dark, the reception was lit up but it was hard to see the rest of the room it was so dark.
While checking in an extremely rube member of staff at the reception desk started to shout at me, how I should have been there last night (24th) and had been reported as a no show, I explained that I had cancelled this room, she insisted that I should have been there and I would be hearing from booking.com, again I expained that I had contacted the hotel directly to cancel this booking and she just dismissed me. This was not a good start to our stay. I was actually very annoyed with her attitude and my sister thought the way she spoke to me was bang out of order, if she had an issue she could have asked for a word, but to shout at me in front of my family and other hotel guests I thought that was just downright rude and this upset me immensely (only sorry now I didn't get her name and report her). If this is the friendly Irish welcome I was expecting - guess how wrong I was?
The receptionist that I was dealing with (who was lovely) advised that she would contact us as soon as the quad room was ready. We put our bags in the triple room and decided to have a walk around the area and get something to eat until the other room was ready. On first impression the room looked clean enough if a little dark. The beds actually sagged in the middle, not what i was expecting for a so called 3 star hotel. Bathroom wasn't particularly big, the toilet was very close to the bath and to get into the bath you had to climb over the toilet, as there was a shower door over the bath which didn't move. The tiles joining the wall and floor were cracked and a piece was actually sticking out. The room was very basic. Kelttle was provided, along with cups, tea and coffee but no sugar.
On our return to the hotel the quad room was ready (5pm), this room was much brighter but again the beds sagged in the middle - I noticed that one of the beds had only 3 wheels on it! Now we are not fussy folk but for the cost of the rooms we did expect them to be a bit more impressive.
After the concert we returned to the hotel. the beds were uncomfortable, pillows were hard and sleep was almost impossible. The following morning my handbag had fallen on the floor beside the bed, so I pushed the bed out only to find dirt and lots of it underneath!! Breakfast was hot if a little greasy and was okay it was a canteen style set up, which I didn't mind if you don't mind queuing for your food. We checked out at approximately 10.30, I asked if I could leave my car in the car park as we were going for a walk around the city - that was fine but I had to pay the 10 euro fee there and then.
Overall I think the" lady" at reception - if I could call her that really put a dampener on my stay at this hotel. I read other reviews on the hotels own webpage and thought I was in for a treat - I was so mistaken and I will never set foot in this hotel again.
The other staff members I encountered were very polite and helpful, just a shame about this one who ruined our stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here on an overnight stay the rooms were very clean the staff were very friendly. We were very close to the bus station and just about a 10 min walk to trains. If you are looking for somewere to stay that is clean and friendly this would be the hotel we would stay here again if we go back to Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was deceptive looking at it from the outside, but once inside, it was very nice. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful and I would like to specifically thank Nicole at the reception. The room though large and comfortable, was quite basic, and more so the bathroom which could use a bit of extra lighting. The location is very good as it is very close to the busy and interesting shopping district.

Room Tip: Advisable to ask for a room that does not face. The street as it could be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo