We booked our twin bed room through the Hilton January sale and paid 93,50 € per night. The rate included breakfast.
We took the "Aircoach Leopardstown" from the airport to a stopped called "Kildare Street". From the stop we walked for about 5-6 minutes before we reached the LUAS tram station called "St Stephens Green". The Hilton Dublin is located right next to the LUAS stop called "Charlemont" (the second stop after "St Stephens Green"). Total cost per person: 9,50 € (8 € for the bus ticket and 1,50 € for a single journey ticket on the LUAS).
The hotel is located only a few kilometers from the main attractions in Dublin. The historic city centre is located only 2 stops away via the LUAS tram.
When we arrived at approx. 0230 pm I asked if we would get a complimentary room upgrade due to my HHonors status. The receptionist told us that it wasn't possible due to our reservation for a twin room. We had to wait exactly 30 minutes before we got the key to room 237. We were very surprised when we walked into a room with only one bed. After complaining to another receptionist we got a room with twin beds.
Our new room, number 126, had a terrible location on the First floor, only 10-15 meters from the LUAS tram line. I have chosen «High Floor» as a room preference on the Hilton webpage. This is the first time, after many Hilton stays in different contries, this preference is ignored.
We «suffered» from noise from the LUAS and constantly slamming of doors from other rooms. The soundproofing is terrible.
The room was clean and the bathroom had almost all of the usual amenities, as expected on Hilton hotels, from Crabtree & Evelyn. At other Hilton hotels I always find bathrobe(s), slipper(s), bodylotion, sewing kit etc in the room, none of these items was to be found in the room 126. Upon request we got slippers and bodylotion.
I asked for a voucher for free WiFi-access. I got a voucher and was surprised that the hotel doesn´t offer WiFi in the rooms. The receptionist told me that I could get WiFi-access just outside the elevator on the 3rd floor. I expect in-room WiFi when staying at a Hilton hotel.
The breakfast is served in the «Uisce restaurant». Opening hours for breakfast from 7am to 12 am on weekends. The breakfast was delicious withe the choice of full Irish or a continental breakfast buffet.
I´m looking forward to my next trip to Dublin, but I don´ think I will choose this hotel again. My HHonors Gold-status and preferences was poorly acknowledged by the hotel.
poor acknowledgement of my HHonors Gold member status
given room not according to request/reservation
sleep quality due to noise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the historic Grand Canal, the Hilton Dublin hotel is a 10-minute walk from the famous St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street areas, perfect for shopping or to enjoy a bite to eat. Located on the green LUAS line, it only takes a short tram ride to get to the fasionable Dundrum town centre. Only 3 miles away from the Dublin Convention Center, and close to the RDS and Aviva Stadium, this hotel is the perfect location for business and leisure travellers alike. Enjoy a full Irish breakfast with views of the Grand Canal or indulge in a Charlemont sandwich made from the freshest ingredients; enjoy a fillet steak from our grill in our Charlemont Bar & Bistro. Enjoy a workout in our state-of the-art Fitness by Precor Gym then see Dublin's attractions on a Viking Splash Tour or on the Hop on Hop Off tour bus. Visit the Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery or explore the city's literary history at the Dublin Writers' Museum. Choose from Hilton Guest Rooms, Family Guest Rooms or stylish Deluxe Rooms. All rooms have wireless internet access. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 2-450 people. •City Centre Location •Close proximity to Convention Centre Dublin, RDS & Aviva Stadium •Fitness Centre •Accessibility to key shopping areas such as Grafton Street and Dundrum Town Centre •Situated in the business district •8 flexible meeting rooms for up to 450 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Hilton EMEA so you can book your Hilton Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Hilton International Dublin
- Dublin Hilton International
- Dublin Hilton Hotel