“Exactly what I expect from a business hotel”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Istanbul, Turkey
“Exactly what I expect from a business hotel”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel, during my two days of very busy business schedule. And it provided me all the comfort and convenience I need. Nice, modern lobby, helpful staff, professional front desk and concierge.
The rooms are large and well decorated. The desk and the chair gave me all the comfort while I was working till the morning.

Never tried the restaurant but the lobby bar serves nice snacks and dinner also its good for having drinks in a nice atmosphere.

Its not in the city center, it tooks about 5 minutes to the Temple bar region.
But I would definetly choose this hotel if I visit Dublin for business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear meetjoeblack
Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us such a lovely comment on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel comfortable during your stay.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the restaurant I have passed your comments to the Chefs who were thrilled and send there thanks
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel.

Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cambridge
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I just stayed here for a conference and ended up in an executive room which was great. The room was spacious with very comfortable beds and it had every amenity you could think of. I can't say much about the location as we didn't go out much but it seemed to have a train stop right outside. Food from the bar was very nice although the menu was limited. No soda on tap but other than that perfectly ok for a nice meal.

• Stayed March 2012
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Cassi R

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms so comfortable. I have passed your comments to the food and beverage manager regarding the bar, and am delighted to announce we are in the process of launching a new menu for the bar with more lunch and dinner options.

I am sorry to see you did not get to explore more, perhaps you can return to the Hilton Dublin for a leisure break in the near future.

Shanghai
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in this comfortable hotel in the Dublin suburbs - rooms are good and well maintained - staff are friendly and there are some interesting snacks in the well stocked bar i.e. bangers with a dijon mustard mash

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear GraemeShanghai
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you return to our hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, they were delighted with your feedback, as was the Head Chef
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have to say I never write reviews for hotels but I felt the need to let other folk know about this gem of a place. The staff here were the friendliest and most helpful hotel staff I have ever come across. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was of a high standard and overall I really enjoyed my stay. Just a shame I wasn't staying longer so I could enjoy some nice walks along the lovely canals. Top Marks!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda W
Dear Linda W
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay so much.
I have informed our Head Chef of your kind comments regarding the breakfast, he passes on his good wishes in return. I have also passed on your comments regarding the rooms and the hotel team to the relevant managers who were delighted with your feedback.
Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 16 March 2012

A lovely hotel, great location, friendly and helpful staff. Just a pity we were only staying the one night. A definite recommendation. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Icas_irl
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us,the team send their thanks for your wonderful feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Limerick
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is a hilton so you get what you expect. Room was clean, staff were good and the bed was very comfortable. One thing that really annoyed me however was that you had to pay for WiFi. It was only a few euros so that wasn't the problem but for the sake for getting a few extra euro off you, the hassle of having to go down to reception to get a code (they didn't offer it when I checked in) and then having to type this cryptic code everytime you rebooted your PC. A pain! I thought the bar was very expensive at €5.10 a pint of Guiness until I visited the pub just down the road and it was €5.00. The location is good in that the Luas - dublin tram system - stops right outside the front door. If you are okay with walking you could walk into town but if it is not your thing, you will find it a bit far. However the tram is €1.60 to the top of Graftin St and a taxi to the top of O'Connell St cost us €10.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the side the tram runs on as I can see how it would be nicey if you were do...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear GarrySpillane
Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you found the rooms comfortable and our location so central. Please accept my apologies for any issues with the internet we have just recently installed this system and we are grateful for all feedback , I have passed this query to the internet provider and our IT Manager.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My colleague and I stayed for 4 nights at this Hilton. We were in Dublin attending a conference. The conference was held in a theatre facility near the River Liffy on the south side. This Holton is located on a canal about a 30 minute walk from our conference. The hotel is located south of St. Stephens Green. It is not particularly convenient to central Dublin, but the value and price was right for our budget.

As I am a Hilton Honors member, I get breakfast included. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a myriad of choices. The staff was professional, helpful and very accommodating and friendly. I thoroughly enjoyedy stay.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear ElizRes
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a lovely review for us on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you found the team friendly and that you enjoyed your stay and of course the Hilton Breakfast. I glad to see you found our location so central.
Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin