“Nice hotel with an excellent staff!”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Arrived tired and jet lagged but were able to check in. The front desk staff was so very friendly and helpful, and although they probably thought we were crazy Americans, they never let on! Wanted to name Deise and Alex by name, as they always greeted us with a friendly hello and had tons of information and directions for us. This hotel is a bit of a walk from the major sites in the city, but the walks to and from town were refreshing and necessary after all the pub grub and pints of Guinness! I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I am lucky enough to go back to Dublin. Thanks for a great stay! Oh, and the guys at the hotel bar were super friendly too!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank thefarmingtonhill
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear thefarmingtonhill
Thank you taking the time to leave such a fantastic review on Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to see you choose the Hilton Dublin as your base for St Patricks weekend. It is always a very special time in the city, made all the better with the influx of tourists.
Deise and Alex send their thanks and warm wishes to you.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin if you are indeed lucky to come back.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Located approximately 15-20 minutes drive from Dublin International airport, close to the city centre.

Friendly/Helpful/polite staff are at hand at all times to assist guests. Rooms are clean and somewhat small in size. In-room amenities provided are plenty and of good quality. property is maintained very clean everywhere.

I only had breakfast in the hotel and was average in terms of choice. Hotel bar is located right in front of the lobby and was not busy at all. Loved the courtyard seating area in the middle of the hotel, which I felt was a nice touch.

Very limited number of smoking rooms are available in the hotel and this may be a challenge, if you are a smoker! (Clear warning is attached to the key card that stated a 75 euro fine for the offenders!!).

A short walk from the hotel would take you to some nice pubs around the area. Euro 10-12 taxi ride from hotel would take you to the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AviatorDXB

Dear AviatorDXB

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed our central location and found the hotel to your liking.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the team here, they sent their best wishes.

We have 4 smoking rooms within the hotel when are available on request at the time of booking if demand allows. I do hope this did not inconvenience you too much.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin in the very near future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is the second time I stayed there. This time it was for several nights while attending a conference. The place is clean and the staff although borderline incompetent is friendly. Many of them can barely speak English especially in the restaurant at breakfast. It is the kind of place that nickels and dimes you to death. Everything you want is additional cost. I cannot recall a specific incident or complaint, but when I left I felt that something is missing and it just was not a truly pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor if staying over the weekend. Saturday night is weddings night and the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Valiant10000

Dear Valiant10000
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to see you choose the Hilton Dublin for a second time.
I apologise for any issues during this stay with us, I would be delighted to follow up with any feedback you have if you would like to contact me at the hotel.
We hope you choose to stay at the Hilton Dublin again

Room was great

SkySports was very welcome (although it was very fuzzy!)

Breakfast good

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear HantsJonny
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed the room and of course the breakfast. I have passed your comments regarding the Sky Sports to our service providers.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

For better or worse, when I walked in, I was clearly in the Hilton world. The welcome and room were equivalent to most of the Hiltons I have been in while traveling in the US. Average size room, comfortable bed, clean room, reliable wireless. To me, those are the essentials. Some odd misses are absolutely no draws for storing clothes, just a small tight closet. One plus is a US-plug ready adapter on the desk. Small niceties like that go a long way. And as a Hilton Diamond, I found a plate of pear and orange in the room. Nice bar/restaurant on first floor.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jaewriter

Dear roadtravelled09
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed our central location and found visiting local attractions so easy.
I apologise for any inconvenience with your bed, I have asked our maintenance team to have a look as we wish all our guests a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel should you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We had a one night stay in this hotel, it is a modern hotel. The room was a pretty standard double room with everything we needed including a decent hairdryer. The only problem we found with this room was the bed as we found it quite uncomfortable, it just seemed like it was quite worn out. Besides the bad nights sleep we did enjoy our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin as the tram stops outside which makes seeing the city very easy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadtravelled09

Dear roadtravelled09
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel should you be in Dublin

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Thought this hotel was nice although attention to detail in a few spots could improve a lot. Good nights sleep with friendly staff, could be more helpful at front desk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank thuntdub

Dear thuntdub
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your feedback to the relevant manager regarding the front desk. We are always grateful to receive feedback from our guests.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin.