“Great place to stay in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #51 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Orlando, FL
“Great place to stay in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We landed at 730 AM and were amazed our room was available that early! Staff was wonderful, and sent amazing homemade granola bars to our room! They also gave us great advice on places to eat in Trinity Bar... We stayed a total of 3 nights, had great breakfasts every day and would stay there again!

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from train if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tazkiki
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Annette P
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially delighted to see you got an early check in, we do try to have as many rooms ready for our overseas guests as we know how long the flights can be. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team. They send their thanks.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hilton on your return to Ireland.
Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel is in a prime location for accessing everything Dublin has to offer. It's right on the canal, has easy access to the Luas Green Line as well as Dublin buses, and you can walk most places in a reasonable amount of time.

The rooms are good sized and have all the standard amenities. We arrived too early to check in but they stored our bags while we explored the city. Upon return we found a bottle of wine and a snack tray in our room with best wishes for our birthdays. My friend and I had forgotten we'd mentioned we were celebrating our birthdays to the woman who checked in our luggage, and were impressed that she had gone that extra mile to provide us with such a nice surprise.

The breakfast buffet is generous in size and variety; though they did open a bit late. We sort of snuck in one morning shortly after 7 am as we were taking a day tour that left around 8 am. Although most of the breakfast items were already out, they claimed they didn't open until 7:30 am. Since no one was around when we arrived, we helped ourselves to breakfast, probably to the consternation of staff, though they did not show it. The staff at the hotel were always friendly and helpful.

The bathrooms have nice large towels and face cloths, the latter of which can be optional in some hotels. My only complaint would be the lack of top sheets on the bed. I called to housekeeping twice to ask for extra sheets but they didn't appear until the last day (of a 3 night stay), and likely only because my friend had started filling out the comment card and had left it (face down) in the room while we were out for the day.

They also do not have free internet in the rooms, but I believe you can get free WI-FI in the common areas. Fortunately, I had my own mobile broadband USB stick.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank CelticWandering
Dear Celtic Wandering
Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location suitable to your needs. Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your birthdays the team were delighted you enjoyed it. Our breakfast buffet is open from 7 am and I have highlighted your feedback to the Food and Beverage Manager for review.
My apologies for any delay in service to your room, we do not expect any guest to wait for any needs they may have.
I hope you will consider us on your next trip to Dublin.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Dublin Hilton is conveniently located on Charlemont near several attractions as well as a rapid transit line. The rooms are well appointed and the staff attentive. Restaurants are more than adaquate. I've stayed there on two different occasions this summer and was not dissapointed. My room was not ready on my first trip (I got in around noon) and they provided me the code for free wi-fi in the lobby so I could get caught up on my email while waiting for my room. Very convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Hugh C
Dear HughC
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location so central. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and service you received.
We look forward to welcoming you back a fourth time to the hotel.

Skipton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

My partner and i stayed here for two nights for a weekend away and it was fantastic! Superb breakfast, keen and friendly staff, spotless and very comfortable rooms. We didnt want to go home! Fantastic price too for a Bank Holiday weekend - £85 per room per night including breakfast booked through booking.com. We would definately go back.We arrived very early on a Saturday morning at 8.30am and were allowed to check into our room - that is a first for me, usually you are made to wait until the correct check in time.

2 Thank Emma8888
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Emma8888

The team were delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and send their thanks for your kind words. I was delighted to see you enjoyed the Hilton Breakfast and of course the guest room.

We would be delighted to welcome you and your partner back to the Hilton Dublin

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

I stay in hiltons quite a bit and am please to say that this one is right up there. My room was very comfortable with easy to use wi Fi from BT Openzone. The decor is relaxing and the bed , sofa and workspace were all very well laid out and conducive to the business traveller. Breakfast was extra on this stay but was an affordable €12.50 and was up there with the best offerings.
My only one gripe is that as a regular traveller to Dublin the Hotel put me in what was the probably the worst room they had, room 219 , right beside the LUAS light railway line which despite all their sound proofings was still quie noisy. I will be coming back though but not to room 219!

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sbz100
JenniferDalton01, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Sbz100

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the rooms and the team, we are delighted the room was convenient to your work.

Please accept my apologies for any disturbance encountered during your stay with us, as you mentioned we have triple glazed this room to help with any noise from the LUAS line.

We hope you will return again soon to the Hilton Dublin

cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

The staff were professional, happy and nothing was too much effort. We were always greeted with a smile and any requests we made were dealt with quickly and the staff on reception had a diverse knowledge of Dublin. Rooms are excellent, safe and secure with all the expected facilities. The Still bar and the restaurant have good food at sensible prices. Easy access to all floors. Rooms were very clean and secure. The walk to the city centre and Grafton Street was approximately 15- 20 minutes. Taxis are always available outside the hotel and cost about 10 euros to get to the city centre.
The room did not have a great view as we looked over the tram lines at the back of the hotel, but we had come to see Dublin not to sit in our room. We used the air coach from the airport which dropped us at the top of the canal on Leeson Street and we walked down to the hotel. There is a car park at a cost of 10 Euros per night.

2 Thank tinminer
BELFAST, NI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was my first stay at the Hilton Dublin. Great location beside the Grand Canal, beside the luas stop and an easy 10 min walk into the city centre. The hotel is modern, rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful.

There are some downsides though with this hotel. Wi-fi is extremely patchy and slow. I was in a room at the end of a corridor and the signal kept dropping.

Breakfast was disappointing and definitely not up to the normal Hilton standards. Great range of food items on offer but the quality was very poor. It was a busy Sunday morning and items had run out as well as the coffee machine but these went unnoticed by the staff.

Luckily my breakfast was complementary as an Honors member, I'd certainly chose not to eat there if I was paying for it.

2 Thank Ulster_Traveler
Dear Ulster_Traveler
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such us a review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with and found the location so central. The team send their thanks for your kind comments.

I am sorry to see you experienced issues with our WIFI during your stay, we were upgrading our systems in July and August to ensure a better service but unfortunately this caused some problems in the interim.

I have passed your comments regarding breakfast to our Food and Beverage Manager, he sends his apologies for any service issues you encountered.

Thank you again for your valued feedback, we hope to welcome you back again soon.