“very nice stay”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #48 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel was very tidy, elegant, beautiful. I was really nice to stay. Staff was polite, kind too. I would like to stay there again. i liked elegant decor, cosy atmosphere in hotel. I would really like to return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Indre K,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always encouraging to receive such kind words and it is appreciated by all the team. We continuously strive to ensure our guest’s needs are paramount and I am glad to see that this is what you have experienced.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My second visit to the Hilton Dublin Hotel, Charlemont Place, on the Canal. I also choose the Marriott Shelbourne Dublin, St. Stephen’s Green, which also treats me well.

Pluses:
+ Usual comfy Hilton beds
+ 1/2 mile walk to Grafton street, or use the LUAS Tram, GREEN Line, adjacent to the property
+ Friendly, helpful staff
+ 24-hour fitness center

Gripes:
- One annoyance: After re-logging into Wi-FI 7 times to use my iPhone over a few hours, I gave up. This hotel’s Wi-Fi can’t be more annoying for guests. This also happened with my PC in the room as well as the iPad. Re-logging into Wi-Fi once a day per device is annoying enough. This is much worse.
- No Executive Lounge (or coupon to compensate). Seems like something is missing from the Hilton Way

Tip: Choose a room with a Canal view if available.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a Canal view if available. Rooms in back much less desirable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear AisleSeat01

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I was saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

We very much value you as a HHonors member and we sincerely apologise that you did not receive some of your benefits. Although we do not have an Executive Lounge in our hotel we do hold a HHonors evening every Tuesday 7pm-8pm.

Your feedback has been shared with our management team for review and will action on the points you have mentioned.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotel staff is great and you could not find better. Hotel is in good safe location for touring Dublin. I walked sometimes to tour activities an used the metro train when raining. Food was excellent. Bike and jogging lanes just outside hotel. Bathtub is narrow and about a foot higher than in USA and is difficult to get into and out so elderly may want to inquire about other options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear frankc600

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us and that you found our location to be very convenient for your team in Dublin.

We thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Friendly, comfortable hotel. Great travel connections with the Luas tram outside the door. Charges in the bar are not high. Fantastic breakfast at € 12.50 for all comers. I would strongly recommend this hotel for business, tourism or the occasional visit for a drink or a meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear James B

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

There was nothing wrong the hotel but also nothing spectacular. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms look just like any other Hilton hotel. Basically you know what you are going to get. It was comfortable and a fair size room. Unfortunately my room faced some rail tracks so not a great view but it wasn't noisy which is good! Breakfast was good with a selection and again the staff were very attentive. The hotel also has excellent conference facilities. Great for a business trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nad88,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Hilton Dublin. I am happ to hear you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you return to our hotel again in the future.

Louise Coyne

Reviewed 29 March 2014

If you want a safe bet for a good quality hotel in Dublin with no surprises and within reasonable walking distance of the City Centre then you could do a lot worse than stay here.
About a 15 min walk or 5 min cab ride into the centre this hotel is located slightly off the beaten track of most Dublin City hotels but it lives up to all the Hilton standards of a mid-range business hotel. The rooms are good, all the usual amenities, and the downstairs bar and restaurants (only ate breakfast) are fine.
There is a decent oub nearby, a convenience store just around the corner and close the the city's tram system.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Zoom6562,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Conrad Dublin. I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you return in the future.

Louise Coyne

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stopped in the Hilton for 3 nights for a Seminar week being held on site so it made sense to stop in the hotel for the duration, the Hotel was about 160 Euro/night which is probable about right for a high end Hotel, however the Hilton is a good Taxi ride from Dublin centre and a little out of the way, the other side of Dublin from the airport too so a good 30mins via taxi (25 euro).
I was very disappointed by the basic room I was stopping in, particularly when I had to pay extra for WiFi and water (see pic).
The room was basic with a desk, comfortable bed, lounge chair and en-suite. There was SKY sports on the TV and the bar showed the big Football games on a big projector screen in the evening.
I ate in the bar for one night and the food was very good but not excellent.
Breakfast was buffet and limited hot choices but the continental buffet was very good.
Overall I don't think I would return if I had to pay myself, the overall value wasn't there, but as a business base it served a good purpose.

Room Tip: The first floor TV reception was very poor, reception told me it was only effecting this floor with...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Richard H,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.