“Excellent location and services but wifi needs some love”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very good, efficient hotel. Also, quite busy - but overflowing. Rooms are a decent size, definitely one of the best in Dublin. Location is good for access and walking around the City Centre.

Staff are excellent here - very professional and friendly - food is good too.

Mini-bar is well stocked - there's no free bottled water though!

Rooms are well equipped - good iron (important for business!). But wifi was really slow - business hotels - we need good wifi. I'm sure this is easily resolved for future visits

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honours group, flash your card at check-in. There's good views out by the front...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for one night very recently, staff are all lovely and friendly, the rooms and hotel are very clean. Breakfast was gorgeous with a lovely selection. Room very quiet and bed very comfy. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Klaz30,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially delighted to see you enjoyed the Hilton Buffet, it really is a treat.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed for 1 night, the overall experience, from checking in to departing the next day was fantastic. I really felt like a valued customer. My room was fresh smelling & the linen was crisp & clean. All staff that I encountered were extremely professional & friendly. Location wise it is ideally located. If there was to be 1 very small draw back was the noise outside my room from the street, but it was only minimal & it did not impact my stay. Thank you for a fantastic stay, I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Karen L,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We would be delighted to welcome you back on your return to Dublin.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was everything we expected from a Hilton including the friendly welcoming staff. That was until we got to the room. It is so sad to see the Hilton go down the path of 'nickel and diming' their guests to death and cutting corners wherever they can.

1. Booking. At the time of booking I started getting concerned when I was asked if I wanted to pay extra for a canal view or courtyard room. Gone are the days when a Hilton gave you the best room they had.

2. The Bed. Terrible. Putting a board under the mattress does not make it last longer. A slat mattress needs a slat base to breathe. Every time we moved we heard the springs rub together and that was echoed by the board. I would expect at least a pocket spring mattress at a Hilton. The bottom sheet was too narrow for the bed and continuously slipped off and exposed the mattress. This was the worst bed we had in three weeks of travelling.

3. Room Fridge. The fridge has now been turned into an in-room vending machine with technology to detect any items taken. The fridge is no longer available to put our own drinks or food in. You cannot even temporarily remove an item to put your own in while you stay. A room fridge is a service for guests not just a way for Hilton to make money. Give us back our fridge.

4. No in-room free wifi. This hotel charges 5 euros per day for wifi. We stayed in hotels of all shapes and sizes during a three week European trip and every one provided free in-room wifi. But not here. It is only free in the lobby and restaurant.

5. Factor in another 10 euros per day as there is no other parking around.

On the bright side, the food in the restaurant was excellent and make sure you get breakfast included as it was very good but also there is nowhere around the hotel to go for breakfast.
The hotel is fairly isolated and it is a good ten minute walk to the main shopping and restaurant area. There is a light rail (tram) station just outside the door (and up some stairs) for easy access into the city centre.

Overall I think you can find a better hotel in Dublin if you look. Don't be fooled by the Hilton name, its not what is it used to be.

Room Tip: If you do stay here make sure to ask for a room away from the train tracks as they are almost touchi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul S

Dear

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I was saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

Your feedback has been shared with our senior management team for review on the points you have mentioned.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our family spent 3 nights here on our vacation to Ireland. Rooms were up to Hilton standards and clean. We didn't have any wi-fi problems like other reviewers although you do have to log in again if you let your phone sit idle for a long time, but not a problem. Manager Patrick was super-helpful and friendly and greeted us in the morning and helped us with everything we needed...just what you need when you are in a new city. Pleasant walk to the HOHO bus stop. Not a problem for our family but may be a little to far for those who need assistance. Cabs were always available right outside and cab drivers were super kind and helpful as well. Breakfast buffet was good, hot and stocked, even after the morning rush at 9-9:30 am. Overall, a great hotel choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelnutx4

Dear travelnutx4

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel so comfortable and convenient during your stay. Patrick was thrilled with your wonderful feedback and sends his thanks.

We would be delighted to have the opprortunity to welcome you back on your return to Dublin.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stop at the hotel. Everything was fine with the stay, nice size room, hot shower, good choice of tv channels etc. The only thing that let it down was no free internet access in the room (surely this should be standard for a quality hotel). The bed was really comfy, the room was nice and quiet despite being on the second floor overlooking the main entrance and LUAS station and the staff were all very polite.

The only other thing I found a little frustrating during the stop was the poor service in the restaurant. I ate there on my second night when there was only me on my own and 2 other people sat at different tables (basically 3 of us in the whole place). After finishing my main course (rib eye steak - very nice) I was left with the empty plate in front of me for 20 minutes which resulted in no tip when I finally received my bill.

I would stop at this hotel again but would choose to eat dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank greg h

Dear greg h

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you where disappointed with charges for the internet connection in the room, unfortunately at this time it is Hilton Policy to charge for internet. This is something that maybe reviewed in the future but in the mean time we do offer complimentary internet access in the public areas of the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you had experienced in our restaurant. I can assure you that this is not the level of service we strive to provide and I will of course pass your feedback to the duty manager.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel was very tidy, elegant, beautiful. I was really nice to stay. Staff was polite, kind too. I would like to stay there again. i liked elegant decor, cosy atmosphere in hotel. I would really like to return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Indre K,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always encouraging to receive such kind words and it is appreciated by all the team. We continuously strive to ensure our guest’s needs are paramount and I am glad to see that this is what you have experienced.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Warm Regards,