I had the pleasure of dining in Uisce restaurant (located within the hotel)and then staying overnight in the Hilton Hotel last night. What a wonderful experience that turned out to be but to be honest not quite unexpected. The Hilton brand worldwide is extremely strong and this hotel lives up to the high expectations one has when booking a Hilton Hotel. The room was a good size (even though I was on my own, I received a room with a large double bed), well appointed and was on the 5th floor. While I did see the tram tracks from my room and not the canal, I also had a wonderful view of their courtyard area and to be honest, who comes to a hotel to look out the window right? The Hilton, Charlemont Place is for me an ideally situated hotel in Dublin, because it is not right in the city centre, hence not the same level of 'noise' one finds in more central hotels, but it is only 15 minutes walk to the city centre, 5 minutes by taxi or you can hop on the Luas (tram) as there is a stop right outside the boundary of the hotel. The bed was delightful, the pillows soft and the linen crisp, clean and wonderfully warm. I also ate at Uisce, the hotels restaurant and was rewarded with one of best dining experiences I have had in Dublin in a long time. The new executive chef here is certainly bringing their dining 'offerings' to a whole new level. Not only that, but their sommelier offered the most delectable wine choices to compliment my order. This hotel is one to watch! Standards are extremely high here. If I was a betting woman, I'd suggest the Dublin restaurants who have traded on a good name for so long sit up and take note: you are in danger of being upstaged by Uisce at the Hilton. Fantastic and I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the historic Grand Canal, the Hilton Dublin hotel is a 10-minute walk from the famous St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street areas, perfect for shopping or to enjoy a bite to eat. Located on the green LUAS line, it only takes a short tram ride to get to the fasionable Dundrum town centre. Only 3 miles away from the Dublin Convention Center, and close to the RDS and Aviva Stadium, this hotel is the perfect location for business and leisure travellers alike. Enjoy a full Irish breakfast with views of the Grand Canal or indulge in a Charlemont sandwich made from the freshest ingredients; enjoy a fillet steak from our grill in our Charlemont Bar & Bistro. Enjoy a workout in our state-of the-art Fitness by Precor Gym then see Dublin's attractions on a Viking Splash Tour or on the Hop on Hop Off tour bus. Visit the Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery or explore the city's literary history at the Dublin Writers' Museum. Choose from Hilton Guest Rooms, Family Guest Rooms or stylish Deluxe Rooms. All rooms have wireless internet access. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 2-450 people. •City Centre Location •Close proximity to Convention Centre Dublin, RDS & Aviva Stadium •Fitness Centre •Accessibility to key shopping areas such as Grafton Street and Dundrum Town Centre •Situated in the business district •8 flexible meeting rooms for up to 450 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Hilton International Dublin
- Dublin Hilton International
- Dublin Hilton Hotel