“LOCATION!!!”

Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Greensboro, Georgia
“LOCATION!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location and very convenient to the LUAS!!!! Very nice lounge and dining room and very convenient to all areas around the City Central. We enjoyed the convenience of riding the LUAS to Dundrum where we had family living and the fact that it ran until midnight so we didn't have to hurry getting back to the hotel. Also, the hotel was great location to walk downtown and several other areas of interest without having to take taxis or shuttles. Hotel very good about getting you transportation if needed. Also provided lots of info about things to see in Ireland during our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A business traveler focused hotel so pleased to only stay one night whilst on holiday. Breakfast was poorly organised even though it was not very busy, and as the main bar was booked for a private party a conference room was available to guests, however the bar was poorly stocked and was a let down.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I booked the room months in advance as a surprise for my new husband. We had just came back from our honeymoon and I had requested to have the room look nice in the request box. (I have done this before when we have stayed on previous occasions and I was never disappointed). On this occassion I was disappointed. Nothing nice about the room at all. I was very disappointed and rang reception to see if we could pay for any upgrades. I was informed there were no nicer rooms but that I could have a smaller room if I wanted!! We then had dinner which was not great and took ages for our plates to be cleared. The following morning then we had housekeeping knocking at our door at 8am!!!! We were severly jet lagged and did not appreciate this!! They proceeded to knock again an hour later! Not impressed. And what is the put in having a special request box when it is not fulfilled. Probably won't stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over the years and its always been a good, reliable base that offers good value for money. On my most recent trip, I was given a great friendly welcome and my needs for a late check out the following day were easily met.

Good atmosphere in the bar and a good variety of refreshment was on offer. Room service was good and efficient if typically over priced. Room was comfortable and well equipped, decent bed and good bathroom facilities...the power of the shower got me started in the morning for an excellent breakfast with plenty of choice from good quality local produce where possible..

The only downside was that my room was right by the tram track so it was a bit noisy from time to time..other than that a home away from home when on business in Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the right side of the hotel away from the tramline.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gurnard
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The name says it all. We stayed here for two nights after going on a whirlwind journey of southern Ireland. It couldn't have finished better. The Hilton on charlemont place is first class. We were greated by Lisa on reception who having mentioned it was my wifes birthday went out of her way to make our visit memorable. The food in the restaurant is first class and when we asked Carlos our waiter for the recipe to the humas which he served us (complementary) he said with a smile he would talk to the chef. On return he presented us with a note containing the ingredients. We struck a friendship with Patrick who served us at the bar who couldn't be more helpful.The Hilton is situated in a lovely position next to the canal and only a short walk from the tram stop.Once again I would like to thank all the staff at the Hilton for a memorable stay one which we will always cherish.

Room Tip: Ask in advance .If there is a function taking place I'm sure they will select a quiet room for y...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference, the actual lobby and conference rooms were fine, typical "Hilton" quality, which I am usually happy with. The rooms were small and the bathrooms were horrible and dated. My mattress felt 100 years old, like I was sleeping on a metal box spring only. I'm a side sleeper and my shoulder hurt for days afterwards. The hotel was located about 15-20 minutes from Grafton street and other attractions, which really for a 'city' hotel is much to far. Dublin has tons of hotels, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It would be hard to beat this hotel's location and the service we received was top notch. Unfortunately, the room was just so tiny, even by Dublin standards. The price was reasonable, but we would not likely return unless we could secure a slightly larger room. Our room was #202.