“The Best of Dublin Hospitality!”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I stay at this hotel everytime I visit Ireland. It is a wonderful hotel with an amazing staff. I have travelled to many parts of the world and stayed at a variety of places but this is one of my favorites! I rate it a 10 out of 10 because I have always had the best experiences. Not once have I ever had an issue or complaint. This hotel is in a very safe area and it is conveniently located to the city center, Temple Bar and area attractions. It's an easy 10 minute walk to Grafton Street, Temple Bar and most attractions or if you are not up for walking than the Luas monorail is just steps from the hotel and two stops to the famous
St. Stephen's Green Park and Grafton Street. I have already booked another trip in February with my family. So if you want a comfortable, modern hotel with outstanding hospitality than you must stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Soudy
There are newer reviews for Hilton Dublin

Reviewed 7 December 2010

I was put up a couple of times at the Dublin Hilton, Charlemont place. The ambience at the reception and the main lobby area is watm and welcoming. The rooms are very well furbished, neat and clean. The hotel is located besides a stream and the walk along that in the evenings is pretty refreshing. However, the most awesome feature over there is the fantastic spread and quality of breakfast. Very wholesome, tasty and varied items with extended timings at week ends. They have a colour coding for each and every breakfast item showing what it is good for – high energy, carbohydrates, proteins, etc.

The rates are around Euro 135, but I would say worth it. The only issue one may feel is that it is a bit distant from the main city centre (Grafton street, SPAR, etc.). But overall a very lovely stay. The Hilton Honors loyalty programme is really rewarding – do not forget to register if you are there. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Dear bhavin_vora
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvidsor.

I am delighted to see you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your additional feedback in relation to the breakfast on offer in the Uisce Restaurant. I will of course share your wonderful comments with our Head Chef. He is always delighted to receive feedback and reflect upon this in his menus and food choices.
We hope to welcome you back with your Hilton Honors card soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2010

Overall my stay at this Hilton was good. I stayed three nights for business. Upon check-in I was upgraded to a club room. The attentiveness and service is what you expect from a Hilton. The location of the hotel is very good and across the street is a tram stop and two stops later you are in the shopping district and St. Stephen's green.

Like others had mentioned the noise from the tram can be a problem every 5-8min starting from about 5am. I also found the bed uncomfortable. I've noticed that the Hilton's in UK/Ireland have not switched to the "heavenly bed" like some of the other chains in their class. But all-in-all I would recommend this location to a friend and would consider staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Dear 010_206
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dublin on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as this enables us to review our standards and make improvements where possible.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to a friend.
Thank you also for your glowing review of our team I will be sure to pass your comments on.

We hope to welcome back to our hotel on your return trip to Dublin

Reviewed 23 November 2010

I work away most weeks Monday -Friday na dhave stayed in hotels all across Europe and Asia. Having tried a couple of supposedly comparable hotels in Dublin for a block booking for 6 months, I tried the Hilton Dublin.

The service I have had has been excellent. The rooms are well laid out, well furnished, comfortable, very clean and quiet. I had one tiny little issue, which I wouldn't have even bothered raising if I hadn't been asked. It was fixed straight away!

I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Dear sjpoll
I am delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the rooms and your highly regarded recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin in the very near future

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Modern, clean, great bar in lobby. Room was above average.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 December 2010

Dear Winequaffer

I am delighted to see you enjoyed our bar and bedroom facilities. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin on your return to Ireland. If in the mean time I can offer you any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch

Reviewed 13 October 2010

We chose this hotel from the internet, usually when on trips to Dublin we stay in Bewleys in Ballsbridge, however due to its proximity to the National Concert hall we chose the Hilton.
Being the Hilton we had heard all sorts of wonderful tales, so perhaps we were expecting too much. However the price of the hotel would indicate that there would be a few luxeries that we find common to other hotels.
Reception, No problems with reception staff or Bar staff, both were very nice and helpful,
Room, I found our room quite small, and very basic, yes it had a flat screen tv and a minibar and an iron, yet most hotels that charge this price do.
We found the bathroom quite old fashioned with a tiny bath, it was indeed clean but for the hilton one would expect toilet paper that was more than one ply and was a lot softer, if your going to be cheap don't be cheap with the paper.
The bed was quite small, over the last number of years we have noticed that almost all hotels will have a king size or super king size bed in their double rooms. The bed in the room we were given was just a double, and was hard as nails. Neither my partner or I slept well at all. Perhaps we should have stayed in the bar, .
The room was clean, but it is supposed to be clean, ditto with the bed linen and the towels.
Our view was into other rooms, guys do pull those muslin curtains others can see in if your not careful. We also had a view of the Luas which passed by quite often, and not quietly either.
I feel for a room like this there should be a reduced rate, because for the price we paid we should have gone to ballsbridge and had a better nights sleep in prettier setting and it would have cost less for a bigger room and bigger bed. With a better view and no Luas.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 8 December 2010

Dear Biddypat

We are delighted to see that such aspects of your stay including the friendliness of the front desk team and the cleanliness of the guest bedroom ranked so highly in your favour. My sincere apologies for any disturbance or inconvenience you encountered being allocated to a room near the Luas Tram Line, we have many rooms available away from the Luas and would be happy to accomodate your request should you so require in the future. Please be assured your comments regarding the bedroom and bathrooms facilities have been forwarded to the relevant managers for review.

Thank you once again for your time Biddypat, we very much hope you return to visit the Hilton Dublin again in the very near future. If in the mean time I can offer you any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch

Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed for a weekend with a friend, staying in a twin room at the Hilton Dublin. I was initially slightly concerned after reading mixed reviews of the hotel but found that it exceeded my expectations.

We arrived at the hotel very early, and the hotel kindly looked after our bags for the day with no issues. We could have waited 20 minutes for check in (so that they could clean the room) or moved to another available room, however we decided to stick with our current room (away from tram lines) and get out to explore the city. We did ask for a room away from the tramlines, so I can't comment if this would have been disturbing or not. The staff were all incredibly friendly, and the concierge was a mine of information about everything from tourist attractions to bus routes. He helpfully gave us a map, which he then proceeded to circle and write information all over, which became our guide for the weekend.

The location of the hotel is great. We got the airport bus which dropped us off about 5 minutes walk away from the hotel. We were a casual 10 minute walk out of town (we took the route via st stevens green one day which although slightly longer is worth a visit). Also, when we got tired after walking all over the city towards the end of the weekend, there is a handy tram from the south of grafton street to just outside the hotel. 2 stops and home.

The room was nice, not absolutely stunning (more of a business hotel mainly I think) but very comfortable and clean and well lit. The bathroom is pleasant and the shower good. We did not eat any lunch or dinner in the hotel, but did pre-book breakfast which was very nice (try the belgian waffles if you are feeling decadent).

All of the staff were fantastic and could not do too much to help. My friend and I fancied a pamper session and bought a facial kit from boots, we asked the hotel if we could borrow bathrobes (normally reserved for the more expensive rooms) and they found some for us with no fuss (I am not guaranteeing that they will always be available, but this is just one example of them being friendly).

We did have one problem while we were there; somebody maliciously set of all of the fire alarms at 5am on the saturday. This was out of the hotels control and they did their best to recify the situation as quickly as possible, I did complain that when we were waiting outside, we were not told anything at all by any member of staff and eventually people started walking back in to the hotel with the fire alarms still sounding. This obviously would have been dangerous if there had been a real fire, and I was concerned at the way that this was handled. When we did walk in we saw the night time receptionists checking customers out and a few people around the fire alarm and so realised there was no danger. I raised this with management and feel that they will take this on board in future. We got send a free bottle of sparkling wine for the inconvenience and the feedback which was unexpected and very pleasant. As I say, this incident was due to one malicious person, not down to the hotel and did not spoil the weekend in this otherwise fantastic hotel.

I do feel this hotel is a little expensive, but was of a similar value to other hotels in Dublin, so this is a city thing rather than a hotel specific one.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 24 November 2010

Dear Travelling_Lorri

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dublin on Tripadvisor.I was glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that yourself and your friend had a pleasant stay here despite the fire alarm. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Reception team, I will most certainly pass these on.

Travelling_Lorri, once again thank you for your valued feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

With best regards,