“absolute kip”

Jackson Court Hotel
Ranked #142 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

stayed in this hotel never again. upon arrival we were left waitin we finally got our keys got to the room couldn't swing a cat in it and it was like a furnis impossible to sleep that night. rang reception as there was no controls for tele receptionist told us to come and get it. rang later on for an iron before we went for dinner she said come and get it. whoever owns this hotel should of getting a licence for it they haven't a clue how to look after their customers. If anyone is looking to get away for a lovely holiday don't ever book the Jackson court worse hotel we ever.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sarah198329

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

This an email regarding my stay at the Jackson court hotel on the 9th of July of this year. My friend and I arrived up from cork and and were greeted by quite an abrupt receptionist at reception but we kindly checked in and we were looking forward to having A few well deserved drinks in the club below copper face jacks, we had a good night out but didn't go too wild as we were attending a concert in phoenix park the following day. I was hoping for an average nights sleep because our room was located over a night club I placed in my ear plugs my friend put his headphones in and we finally fell asleep. We were woken up at 6.30am by your night porter who assumed music was coming from our bedroom, and was also quite rude the way he spoke to us. he assumed it was us,subconsciously I heard the music but took no notice as I said above we were located over a night club,our bedroom window was wide open and the music was travelling in. We clearly had no music device with us to play such loud music to wake an entire hotel and there wer no music channels on the t.v. We checked out the next morning only to be unprofessionally spoken to by the manager who spoke to us like it was our fault and wouldn't let us speak, he did this in front of other guests of the hotel. I have worked many years in the hotel industry and I am quite young but I would never approach a situation of any kind in such an unprofessional manner, I have emailed some of my contacts in Dublin about your establishment and also in cork. I have rated the Jackson court on websites and I just feel outraged as to the way were treated. We stayed in a 4**** hotel in the city centre after we left the Jackson court and I can assure you it was a pleasure. You wrongly accused two people of playing music at unsociable hours and I should hope you have found the culprits and I expect an email back

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank sharonhN4656WY
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends on a Saturday night. My idea - I thought it handier than getting a taxi home - cheap rooms right? Now I see why! NEVER again. I was MORTIFIED with my choice. Greeted at reception by a foreign girl chewing gum who barely bid us the time of day Rude is not the word. Definitely not someone I'd have working at reception. Got our room key and we went up to a room that stank of cigarette smoke - it was absolutely reeking of it. We had a triple room.TINY! Our three beds were like hammocks - if I was any heavier I'd have been hitting the floor in it. Window sill littered in cigarette butts. We were in a rush so got changed and went to dinner across the street. In the middle of the meal one of the girls gets a phone call from the hotel receptionist to say there is a problem with one of our other friends bookings who was joining us and trying to book in. My friend had to leave her dinner to sort it out - with the receptionist rudely repeating that there was no booking made for my friend. Thank god we had an email confirmation of the booking. No apology about her mistake - just complete bad manners from the receptionist. Went to bed and yes noise was INSANE!!! Had to fight our way through nightclub mayhem to get to door of hotel to make it up to our rooms. Fire alarm went off at 5.03am. Got up in the morning - went into the shower - shower not working! Stuck on the hot dial and couldn't be changed - water was absolutely scalding. Rang reception and she said she would send someone up. Two girls who were cleaning rooms came over and saw the problem and realised the shower could in no way be used. One of them, roared at the other "give me key" and told me to go into another room and use the shower. I'm standing there in the corridor in my pajamas calling after her about which room I should use but she just shrugs her shoulders and walks off. I couldn't believe it. Eventually I waited for my other friend to wake and used her shower. It was an absolute disgrace. We didn't even wait to have breakfast - downstairs smelling of body odor and sweat - couldn't get out of the place quick enough. An Irish girl who was on reception that morning did apologise about the shower which was something I suppose. Unfortunately, it was too little too late. You'd be far better off in a hostel than this place. BE WARNED!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shamrockin12
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed in Dublin and was looking for really cheap hotel. Jackson Court was a good choice because of value of money. Location... Well, this is good location only if you want to party all night. Fortunately i have a sleeping difficulties and the noise wasn't so huge trouble for me. By the way my room was on the 3rd floor and there is more quiet. Service was very good, room was small but comfortable(especially the bed) and nice as well as the bathroom. Breakfast is big and tasty. Anyways i really like this hotel but if i'm going to visit Dublin once again i will stay in a bigger hotel but if i need some parties i will visit The Jackson Court Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Tiny room in a small, well-located hotel. Breakfast was good, WiFi undependable, and the staff friendly. Be warned though. The premises also house Copper-Faced Jack’s, at the time of our visit, the most popular nightclub in Dublin. Every night was like having a rave in our room from midnight til dawn and sleep was impossible. Under no circumstances should you consider staying here unless you are in Dublin to party and have no interest in sleeping during the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Do not stay here unless you are going to be too drunk to be kept awake by the noise ALL night.
I normally try and find something positive to say about my reviews, but the only good thing about this hotel is it's closeness to Grafton Street.
Dirty, old, smelly room with a broken window.

Room Tip: Even if asked to be put into the quitest room, I think the opposite happens.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Not sure where to begin with this one. Do I mention the far from welcoming welcome? Do I mention the lack of remote control for the tv, or the lack of sockets for electrical equipment, or the lack of front entrance when you return at night only to discover the reception has been transformed into a cloakroom for the nightclub (more on this later), or do I mention the lack of breakfast at breakfast time, or the lack of interest when checking out? See - not sure where to start. The one good thing about this hotel is location. Just up the street from St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. That's it - one good thing. I travelled with three girls and we had two twin rooms, which to our dismay, overlooked the beer garden/nightclub. As with most travellers we did a quick once over to see how the room appeared. To be fair, the beds were freshly made and the linen clean. The bathroom was also well equipped and clean. We could not find tv controls and when we rang reception we were told we could collect them there - the same answer was given when asking where the hairdryer was. A basic requirement one would have thought in an hotel room that has running water for a shower?! However, I had to go to my friends room to use the said hairdryer as there was no socket in the room - seriously, no socket !! So, after a quick change we headed out through the reception area at which point we noticed the room that housed tables and chairs and people when we arrived was empty. I enquired where we could eat in the hotel and was told they don't do food. Upon arrival back at the hotel after a concert we had been to see we had to join the queue for the nightclub as the front door had been closed. When we turned into the reception area we were greeted by screens and a coat rack. No sign of any staff - only two girls who looked like they were taking a break from exam revision. When one of my friends asked for a remote control one girl turned to look for it but as there had been some misunderstanding as to what had been asked for initially my friend repeated her request only to be shouted at by the other girl that she was looking for it. Taken aback my friend very politely asked her not to be so rude as she was only trying to make it clear what she had asked for but undeterred the girl shouted again that she was doing it. Horrendous. And so to bed....

At least the beds were comfortable - which was a blessing as we spent the whole night wondering when the racket from downstairs was likely to end. Now, we are three girls in our early 40's and one who is 21 - so it's not like we were ancient and couldn't appreciate that people enjoy nightclubs - hell, we like to dance as much as the next person - it was the volume we had an issue with. Mind you, the hotel had thought of everything. There was double glazing, then a second set of windows that closed on the double glazing, then the heaviest curtains I have ever tried to draw in an hotel room and when that didn't drown out the noise the rubber ear plugs located in the top drawer of the bedside cabinet could also be used. Alas, two sets of windows, heavy curtains and ear plugs failed miserably. Like other contributors have stated, more should be made of the fact that this is a nightclub venue and sleep is optional.

After a long night, a very long night indeed we headed to breakfast. We were offered a hot breakfast or a vegetarian option. Two of the party opted for "full Irish" whilst I asked for porridge. Not an oatflake in the place. I was then directed to the breakfast buffet. This consisted of various fruit juices and four bowls, one for weetabix, one for cornflakes, one for museli and one for special k(?). No pastries, no croissants, no fruit (fresh or otherwise), no cheese, no cold cuts - nothing. We carried on with breakfast and asked for toast. The waitress returned with a "toast" rack containing dry white bread and asked if that was ok as the toaster had broken to which I repled no it wasn't ok and surely they had a grill that could be used for toast? She said the grill was busy with breakfasts to which I replied I appreciated that but as we are having ours dry bread won't do and we would like toast. A short time later a tower of toast arrived. Momentarily thought about saying we didn't want white bread toasted we preferred wholemeal but by that time we had lost the will ....

So, we left the breakfast room, gathered our belongings, returned two remote controls and one hairdryer (that can only be used in certain rooms it seems) and checked out. At least I hope we did, the receptionist was so disinterested in us I'm not sure she knows we have left. Never have I left an hotel without being asked was my stay satisfactory and did I have a good time - but then, why ask the question when you know the answer?

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends