“Poor Quality”

Ranked #143 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Poor Quality”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Rooms very small,very poor value.
Seems to be a knocking shop for patrons from awful club downstairs which should be avoided at all costs,if you need to go out,go to Diceys just down the road.
If walking around grown woman holding their friends hair back while they puke their guts and men in GAA/Rugby jerseys bumping into you spilling their pints on you is your scene then Coppers is your scene.
Absolutely awful place stay clear.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We got a double room and it was absolutely tiny! Like a box room with a mattress wedged in there and the walls were paper thin. I could hear the group next door us chatting all nyt and their phones going off music was blaring all nyt. The reception turns into a cloakroom at nyt and you as a guest have to enter threw the nightclub and show a key card or tell them your name so you don't have to pay to get in. Anyway I wouldn't advise ppl with families to stay here its ok if you just want a bed to crash on. You don't even get a remote for your tv here you have to pay to rent it for your stay! Breakfast was nice full Irish but took them 20 min to approach us to order and never came with my coffee which I asked for 3 times and there was only 3 other people in for breakfast so they weren't even busy. Oh and don't ask for orange cordial it's €2 !!!

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Jackson court hotel.

Worst hotel experience of my life. Travelled across America and stayed in some rough spots. But this place really takes the Piss.

Fire alarm goes off at 4.10am and we panic. Real bad. I'm shaken my partner is real annoyed. We go down the fire escape incase it is a real fire to be met with tables blocking the escape entrance. Get to reception where night club is still in full swing. Ask what's going on and how long it will be before it is sorted. Met with a shrug and a point to the man looking at the alarm box. Await for someone to talk to. Get an elderly gentleman () who is not very pleasant and just tells me someone on the 3rd floor broke the fire alarm. Not even an apology for being so rudely awakened. Eventually tells me that it is sorted.
We go back up to bed. Still shaken from the ordeal. Can't sleep afterwards. It's now 6.20am and I'm still up. It's crazy. Sitting worried about what's going to happen next. As if the loud music down stairs isn't bad enough between the hotels club and the street clubs and bars beside the hotel. With people still going mad out side at now 6.30am. (With bad windows you hear everything out side real easy. 2 sets of windows. Out side window is white frame open at top doesn't close never mind lock. Inside window is brown frame and just pushes or pulls open-no lock either. Photos in gallery) But I could have slept through that no bother. It's the fact of the alarm and the service and the fact that if there was a real fire no one would have a hope of surviving out of this hell hole.

Hotel experience is bad to start with as was told a price by one person who was in contact with Darren the manager. I had to pay an extra €70 on top of this. I wouldn't pay €0.70 cent again for this place. Never mind an extra €70 on top of what we were told. Absolute joke.

Get up to room and it's tiny. No room to swing a cat never mind bringing ur luggage in, as once it's in there, there is no room to maneuver. Bathroom is even smaller and then the shower is worse(although is clean-ish). Hardly fit through the doors. Joke of a place.

Went to look about facilities and elderly man pushes us out and doesn't let us. Not great business. Most hotels you are allowed to look about.

Never experienced anything like it and never intend to again. DO NOT GO HERE. EVER. WHAT EVER THE REASON. night club is a real young crowd.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Arrived early on a Sunday morning (11am) and was met by pleasant girl on reception. Free car park to rear but you have to get the key from reception, open the gate, lock the gate when car is in and return the key. No access from hotel directly so bit of a pain if you are coming in and out regularly during day. This is to be expected with city centre parking anyway I guess. The girl on reception gave us a free upgrade to a superior room which would not be ready until 1pm. We returned at 2pm and she gave us the key. When we entered the room it was still not ready. We just wanted a cup of tea and asked the girl on reception if we could get one in the restaurant. The restaurant doesn't open on weekend and there was no tea available!! We went up town and had tea. The room was very spacious and faced the Luas on the main street. They hotel itself is very dated and really needs a good upgrading. The breakfast is fantastic - lots of choice and good big Irish fry. We didn't hear much noise from the nite club - it was a lot quieter due to it being a Sunday night. Definitely you can hear the Luas when it starts around 6am, but not too much bother. As I said it will take a lot of money to upgrade the hotel and it needs a good cleaning - although they are upgrading at present. You eat breakfast in the bar of the nite club so you can imagine it just is not spotless. We only paid €60 for B&B for both of us (being a Sunday night), and with the free parking and massive breakfast - can't really complain. Not your regular 4* hotel, but not bad considering. You get into the nite club free and also don't have to queue, so that's a bonus.

Room Tip: Reception will give you a front facing room at weekends if available - better when nite club is on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Catania, Italy
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Where to start... First i wish i would have read more reviews on this "hotel" before i booked it. We arrived into DUblin late due to flight delay. When we got there we checked into a night club and the two ladies working at the desk didn't speak much english and were rude. Once we climbed up 4 stories and got to our room (#31) we wanted nothing to do but sleep. The music wasn't too much of an issue even though we were directly above the outside portion of the club. At 4am we were both woke to what sounded like somebody trying to break down our door. Pounding on the door, kicking the door and jiggling the handle. Husband called the front desk 3 times before somebody finally picked up on the 4th time and blew him off. He was close to calling the cops as there isnt a peep hold to look out the door.

The next morning we both had to walk down the stairs dodging puke on the carpet followed by a huge pile at the bottom of the stairs. When we walked to the front desk it was like we were in a completely different building. The ladies were all dressed very nice, hair and make up done and locals so they spoke english. They apologized for this but that was all.

The night came and was the same thing with the banging on the door and people yelling in the halls. We had an early flight out so we went to check out at 5am, walking through a crowded club to get to the front desk.

On a plus side because it was a superior room the room was nice sized. Shower was super small and didnt have a door so water got everywhere.

Overall i would NEVER NEVER recommend this place or stay at this place AGAIN.

Room Tip: if you do go with this hotel, make sure you get the Superior Room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Where to start!! This hotel does not even supply basics in the bedroom like a hair dryer or tv remote control. When I rang rception I was told if I wanted them I may call back to reception, but the girl did offer to send them up in the lift for me. When I got them the first plug that I used for the hairdryer didn't work and the remote control didn't work either. I called reception to inform them of this and was told that some of them do not work, and when I asked if someone could drop one up to my room I was told in no uncertain terms that I may go back down to get another!! When she did drop it up she (wearing a hoddie top and leggins) handed it to me and walked away - no apology or can I get you anything else.

I've heard of small rooms - but this (room 309) really takes beating!! Yes it was clean and the bathroom spotless but I'm now wondering what hotel was used for this website as it certainly wasn't the one I stayed in. The bed is up against the wall and after requesting a quiet room was told it is the quietest in the hotel. Oh dear - the Luas, the niteclub, the very noisy guests at 5.30am. What a disaster. I paid €49 BB and to be honest it was €49 too much. Breakfast was nice, nothing to get excited about. When I went up for a cooked breakfast I was given 1 egg, 1 sausage, 1 piece of bacon and had to ask for more. There was one member of staff in uniform (black trousers and white shirt) and the rest of the staff in hoddies and leggins.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough but on the way I asked if I could get a sandwich to takeaway - I was given directions to O'Briens Sandwich Bar!!!!

Do NOT stay here. Stay in a hostel, stay anywhere but spare yourself the anxiety of this hovel

Room Tip: In order to get a good room - go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago and i wouldnt send my worst enemy here. We were charged twice what we were told we would be paying and the receptionist kept saying "i dont know, i only work here". didnt give us refund until we spoke to manager the next da. Manager refunded half, after an intergation. Lamps in the room didnt work, phone had NO LEAD and was just a phone sitting there. bath was falling apart, toliet didnt flush properly, shelves in the bathroom were seconds from falling down... the place isnt worth the 50 euro. Nightclub is full of 10 year olds and the staff act like you have asked them to do manual labor when you ask for a drink etc bouncers were nice though!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends