Fitzsimons Hotel
The Sweeney(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
Blooms Hotel(Dublin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar nightclubbasic hotelperfect locationreception staff were very friendlymain barirish dancinga lot of noisestayed here for two nightsliffey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

hi i stayed here with my gf last year the hotel its self is quite shabby looking but the room was very spacious and tidy and came with a great view over the liffey. there is a couple of bars in the hotel and it has a rooftop bar smoking area i didnt have a problem sleeping even tho its central an located in temple bar which is a hot spot and stays noisy til the early hours. we had the full irish breakfast which was very nice and id stay here again

Room Tip: we stayed on a 2nd floor room which faced the river liffey i had no problem sleeping
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent, you can walk easily to all the sights, also one minute walk to Temple Bar.
The room is quite spacious.
The price is excellent for this location.
The location is very noisy, I recommend taking a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake so that you can be somewhat isolated from the noisy street.
The room was not very clean.
We had an odor in the hallway and we wanted to open the window to ventilate. All three windows of the room were blocked, I asked someone at the front desk to help, he tried to open them but could not. He said there was nothing he could do. The room is quite cold at night, there is very little heat. Breakfast is poor.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Expertadvisorr
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here once & never again. I chose the hotel purely for the location but never again, the rooms were a disgrace. The carpet was coming up, stains everywhere. The windows may have not been there, the breeze coming in was cruel. Yeah it was noisy, I didn't mind that as I was going out myself. The bin men woke me at 6am thou. The rooms were in serious need of a revamp, the bathroom was tiny. In this day in age & for €100 I expect better quality.

The staff however were nice and friendly and I enjoy the bar/nightclub and would go back there just not the hotel itself. I'm not that fussy as it was just a place to lay the head on a night out but this was a disgrace.

Also there is no parking which is an extra expense in the heart of Dublin.

Poor hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Fionak2013
Reviewed 18 February 2013

On the positive side, the buffet breakfast was nice and the staff were polite. Unless you plan to be out all night and have consumed a lot of alcohol I would not recommend this place. The combination of drunken street noise combined with the pulsating rhythms from the basement night club meant it was after four when I got to sleep. It didn't help that drunk guests were ringing round rooms telling jokes throughout the night so security had to remove their phone. At least there was security I suppose. There was no tea or coffee in the rooms and the TV reception was awful so in my sleepless state I couldn't even console myself with a cup of tea and a movie. The decor was shabby and old fashioned and although the bathroom was nice enough there was dust in the corners. The room where breakfast was served had lovely views over the Liffey. I really resent that I paid in advance to stay here.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and the noise was still unbearable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This hotel is fine, NO FRILLS. the location is excellent. Staff were nice. its super noisy, nightclub and bar going all hours of the night. so dont come here with kids. Suits a hen party or a stag party if you are doing something and are prepared to slum it.

Room Tip: use this hotel if you dont care so long as its clean and a good location, somewhere to put the head down.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends