“Sleepless nights stay here”
Review of Fitzsimons Hotel

Fitzsimons Hotel
Ranked #133 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Sleepless nights stay here”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is central to everything, but don't expect to sleep for any of your duration. People are always on Temple Bar, in the streets and always partying but there comes a point when you require sleep and you don't get it here! I'm a party animal but when 6am comes and you hear the street sweeper and bin men which is so loud and the windows are terrible you will be climbing the wall. I won't be stating there again!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2013

to Saoirse and Alexandra the Receptionist's how been taking care of my daughter and me.
good price, good service, good food, good sound and the dancers are brilliant and yes, it is noise,
but you are in Tempelbar - Center, upon a wonderful Bar on a main road, so putt some earplugs if you wont to sleep - I dreamed very good...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The hotel was clean but basic. Rooms need to be refreshed. The paint in our room for marked and in parts was peeling of the wall. Although the ocation is fantastic, what you gain in convience you lose out on a good nights sleep. I stay in Dublin city center a few times during the year and I am very aware of the noise when staying in a city center hotel but the noise level here was unbelievable. It's completely out of the hotels control because it's street noise from traffic and people in Temple Bar but perhaps double glazed windows could be considered to reduce the noise.
Staff also could be friendlier. At breakfast nobody came to serve us and there was no food out except a few pastries that were obviously stale. We left ( without anybody stopping us) and went across the river to a pub to have breakfast. Upon our return to the hotel, we were kept waiting outside the front door for over 10 minutes in the cold because there was nobody on reception and the front door was locked. When she eventually came to let us in, we were not greeted, by either an apology or even a hello.
We will not stay here and to be honest I would not recommend it to friends. Too many hotels to choose from in the area to pay for the service we received here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fifipied
Thurles, Tipperary
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I unfortunately got lost in Dublin trying to find my way back from Kildare street to O' Connell street but took the wrong turn and ended up at the Millennium Bridge where I walked into Fitzsimons Bar for a rest and a drink. The girl that served me was lovely and handed me a huge map so I knew where I was going..by then I could see the Spire and was able to follow the river back up lol. Lovely location and very clean pub.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TipperaryAmi
dublin
Reviewed 26 March 2013

hi i stayed here with my gf last year the hotel its self is quite shabby looking but the room was very spacious and tidy and came with a great view over the liffey. there is a couple of bars in the hotel and it has a rooftop bar smoking area i didnt have a problem sleeping even tho its central an located in temple bar which is a hot spot and stays noisy til the early hours. we had the full irish breakfast which was very nice and id stay here again

Room Tip: we stayed on a 2nd floor room which faced the river liffey i had no problem sleeping
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent, you can walk easily to all the sights, also one minute walk to Temple Bar.
The room is quite spacious.
The price is excellent for this location.
The location is very noisy, I recommend taking a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake so that you can be somewhat isolated from the noisy street.
The room was not very clean.
We had an odor in the hallway and we wanted to open the window to ventilate. All three windows of the room were blocked, I asked someone at the front desk to help, he tried to open them but could not. He said there was nothing he could do. The room is quite cold at night, there is very little heat. Breakfast is poor.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Expertadvisorr
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here once & never again. I chose the hotel purely for the location but never again, the rooms were a disgrace. The carpet was coming up, stains everywhere. The windows may have not been there, the breeze coming in was cruel. Yeah it was noisy, I didn't mind that as I was going out myself. The bin men woke me at 6am thou. The rooms were in serious need of a revamp, the bathroom was tiny. In this day in age & for €100 I expect better quality.

The staff however were nice and friendly and I enjoy the bar/nightclub and would go back there just not the hotel itself. I'm not that fussy as it was just a place to lay the head on a night out but this was a disgrace.

Also there is no parking which is an extra expense in the heart of Dublin.

Poor hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Fionak2013

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels