“Most Expensive Pint, I ever had in Dublin” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fitzsimons Hotel
Ranked #135 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Most Expensive Pint, I ever had in Dublin”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This a review of the hotel bar not the Hotel

As an Irishman, I know Temple Bar is expensive, so I expected my pint of Carlsberg to be about €5.50. Never in my life I thought the price would be €6.30, yes €6.30. This is was ridiculous price and the most expensive pint, I ever had in Dublin. I am still flabbergasted that they would charge this price.

I recommend everyone not to part with their hard earn cash at this establishment. They are plenty if better pubs in Dublin there that serve lagers at a reasonable prices

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Letterkenny, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

to start off with we had to wait a half hr to get our room which we didnt mind to much because we had to go to the rds as my partner was doing the marathon when we got to our so called room it was unacceptabls no facilities for tea/coffee etc noise was really bad every time someone would move you would hear it in your room cleaning was disgraceful they didnt even fix the bed it looked like they had a sit down themselves, they dont change you towels either, breakfast if you could call it that doesnt start until 8am BUT if you want a hot breakfast firstly you have to wait until 9am and then if you want it you have to pay an extra 8 quid for it which is a bloody disgrace, i think they should change it from a hotel to a hostel and still id only give it 1 star its so expensive for what they actually give give you thers no leisure in it at tal all you have is a bed a blanket a pillow and thats it for over €100 a night its bollocks also they dont tell you thay you cant park outside it theres no parking facilities the nearest place you can park cost from €30 upwards a day...i just cant say enough to get people not to stay here, there not helpful, there food (sorry scraps ) is a disgrace, the room is a disgrace, parking is a disgrace and to be honest id say everyone that stays here has the same opinion.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mimi261010

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here in Oct 2013 for one night. Upon checking in we found receptionist rude abrupt and unfriendly. When we got to our room our first impression was it looked shabby and outdated and totally not what we expected for this price range. Noise level was as though our beds were out in the middle of the street and the heat in the room was chronic. Breakfast was an utter disgrace very poor selection and overall very basic.The description of the hotel on their website doesn't even come close to the reality.We are not fussy people by any means but were not at all impressed with this hotel and certainly would not stay here again. Wouldn't even give this one star.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank ali111cork
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I think you should get a lot more at this price range. Very good location but mediocre hotel. Staff not very friendly. No tea-making facilities. Room was spacious though heating on too high. Less noisy than I expected, considering there is a bar and nightclub below. I was on the third floor. Breakfast was very basic. Also, charged twice for booking by mistake.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Ellie R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I never actually got to stay in the hotel and reading the last couple of reviews am glad now!
I had a room booked on August 25th to stay a night on October 12th I received a email a couple of days before to verify my credit card details but my card had been compromised and I was awaiting a new card from the bank I explained what was after happening and the hotel said it was fine to just come along on pay cash on the day of arrival,but while on the train up I received another email to say my room was cancelled!!!!
Luckily I rang a hotel nearby and they fitted us in for the night other wise the train tickets/concert tickets/dinner voucher would of been a complete waste of money if we had to turn around a go home.
Disgraceful behaviour from a hotel to cancel the morning of stay by email not even the courtesy to call!!! Will never book to stay here again and either will any of my friends colleagues.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Summerfun75
Athlone, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I would like to start by saying that I have never reviewed a hotel before but felt compelled to do so after I made the mistake of staying in Fitzsimons last week. On arrival to our room it was shabby to say the least, the furniture was old and worn and in dire need of upgrading. On first inspection the room appeared clean, but the following day as I was using the facilities in the bathroom I noticed what appeared to be the traces of vomit on the underside of the sink. Clearly the room had just been given a "once over" as the curtains were not clean either.
A good night's sleep is something that you will certainly not get in this establishment, as the noise levels in the room can only be compared to that of being on the street-I felt like every person in Temple Bar walked straight past me as I frustratedly tried to sleep!!
The room was also freezing cold, even with the heating on.
When we complained the following morning, the management basically said that we should have stayed somewhere else and that noise levels are very well documented on their website. We booked on a booking website and there was no mention of noise on it. Clearly customer service is not part of the training for the staff of this hotel as they were extremely rude and discourteous and downright patronizing. I would imagine that where the hotel offers little in the way of comfort, that excellent customer service should be way in which the hotel could redeem itself. Apparently not.
I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel, not unless you would like to pay money to spend a sleepless night in a freezing cold, dated dungeon, where the staff think its funny that someone would find this unacceptable.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ElleM25
Louth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had to wait an hour and a half for room because of an error made by hotel receptionist was rude in handling the problem bar staff are ignorant..all staff lack customer service skills!..the rooms were small and dirty no hair dryer tea/coffee making facilities for €110 a night disgraceful..very noisy area and window didn't close properly..the place really calls for an undercover boss situation to see the goings on and how staff are treating customers. Also need to do something about the price either stock room up with they right accessories or take down price!NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed October 2013