“Would visit again.”
Review of Dergvale Hotel

Dergvale Hotel
Ranked #76 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in August. I had 2 rooms, a double and single. The rooms were small but that's pretty on par with most European hotels. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There is no lift so if you have trouble with stairs I would suggest asking for a room on the first floor. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The bar downstairs was nice and the breakfast was delicious. Great location and good price as well. I would use them again for my next stay in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JC123089

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This time we had a smaller room but it was still very acceptable. Clean, comfortable room and the staff were all courteous.. With 24 hour door service we didn't feel guilty about returning late. The wifi signal did not reach our room but was fine in the lounge area. On day of departure we were brought tea and biscuits even though we had settled the bill which impressed us. The location suited us very well.
There is a B & B place right opposite which we stayed at once but never again. We shall almost certainly return to the Dergvale next year, and try to get a room with Wifi if possible.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JazzLovers73
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Great location and staff were friendly. Room was small and the shower didn't have a lot of water pressure. With that said reasonably priced accommodation for what you get. I would return here and would be happy to recommend.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank J0nathan001
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you are looking for a warm and welcoming place to stay in Dublin go to the Dergvale Hotel. Very close to O'Connell street and hence the buses etc. This is a family run hotel and the service is unrivalled. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Great breakfast and clean rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank codydog379
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel on Wednesday night, 26/06/2013. It was a last minute trip to Dublin for a funeral so I did not have time to check out other hotels close to Glasnevin Cemetery. According to the internet site I booked through, this hotel had the basic facilities I would require for one night's stay. The following list of facilities are said to be available, but I found that not to be the case.

24-hour front desk
Bar/lounge
Cable TV service
Check-in time starts at (1 PM)
Check-out time is (11 AM)
Complimentary newspapers in lobby
Free Wi-Fi
Hair dryer
Individually decorated
Individually furnished
Iron/ironing board (on request)
Luggage storage
Number of floors - (3)
Parking nearby
Parking nearby (surcharge)
Pets not allowed
Safe-deposit box at front desk
Television in lobby
Total number of rooms - (20)
Tour assistance
Wake-up calls
Window opens

No Bar/Lounge, and if there was I did not see it and was not informed where it was located.
No Cable tv service, I had a small tv with snowy reception and bad sound, too loud/too quite.
No telephone to be seen.
No hair dryer. I had a quick shower on the morning of departure and had to leave with my hair soaking wet.
I had a booked a twin room which turned out to be a small corridor on the 3rd floor which meant I had to climb 6 flights of stairs. The so called shared bathroom was grubby when I arrived and just as grubby when I left and there was no toilet roll after one night. The shower room was out of order on arrival and still out of order the following morning. Might I also mention the shared bathroom was 3 floors down from my room.
There was no smoking allowed, even thought I was asked at the time of booking if I wanted a smoking room to which I had replied yes. There is no smoking area so therefore you are directed out on to the street to smoke. That may seem ok, but when you are been buzzed in and buzzed out of a premises as the door is kept locked at all times, smoking out side does not seem such a good idea, Does not say much for the neighbour hood. I would never even consider staying here again at any price. I would not take free accommodation in the place. I could go on but I am just reliving the nightmare as I am typing so I will leave it up to your own judgement.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank M_Mulvey
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We have stayed in Dergvale over the last weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This is a fab 2* hotel in the city providing all facilities you could think of.
Room & bathroom were very clean, bed was extremely comfortable.
The breakfast was delicious and staff always very friendly and attentive. It's close to all tourist attractions. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Based on reviews I read on TripAdvisor, I recently spent four nights here with my brother on our first trip to Dublin.

The location was great: it's a five to ten minute walk to O'Connell Street, where you'll find many of the tourist attractions. It's also reasonably priced and clean. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and breakfast to be tasty and filling (and free!).

On the downside, it's a little out of date. The room keys are skeleton keys attached to giant wooden blocks -- not the most secure or convenient solution. Additionally, there aren't any individual room controls for the temperature, which means you're at the mercy of whomever is working the front desk. The hotel also has wifi, but only in the lobby, where it's spotty at best.

Still, I'd stay at this hotel again, as it seemed a fair enough value for the cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family