“Nice and friendly”

Ranked #10 of 115 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Moscow, Russia
“Nice and friendly”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, nicely decorated, friendly stuff and soft blankeys. What else is needed? So very close to all the must see places and nice places to eat at. Sometimes there was too loud cause of the music from a restraunt next to it, but when the window is closed it's totally fine.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maryland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was my first hostel experience. Thanks for making it a positive one!

I was only here for one night but I absolutely loved it! I arrived in the afternoon and shared the room with 5 other girls who were already there, but everything was very clean! The fact that there was a large mirror in the room was very helpful, as one person could shower while someone else did their hair or makeup. The breakfast was very good too, with quite a few choices (including cheese and ham, which I later learned not most hostels offer)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I only stayed here for two nights (after previously being in Dublin for 10 days at a different hostel) and it was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better location, it was a block away from O'Connell street which has tons of shops and places to eat (very touristy), it was right across the river from Temple Bar District and only really a ten minute walk from everywhere else. The room was a good size, and the washroom was one of the nicest ones I've seen in all of the hostels I've stayed in in Europe, and the staff was super helpful and friendly. I think the only complaint some might have (although I didn't really care) is that the there was no lockers for your stuff, so anything valuable you'd probably want to leave with the staff in a secure room they have, and that there is a pub right next to the hostel that plays live music until about 12, but I found that soothing haha. But other than that it was a fantastic hostel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were a young (26) couple backpacking and looking for a cheap place in Dublin. This hostel is definitely for the younger crowd that wants to stay up really light on their phones. Do not stay here if you want to either sleep or have a true hostel experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BackpackerAmericano
West Midlands
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a private twin room on the 3rd floor, the room was very clean and I was pleasantly surprised how nice the room was with a large bathroom and shower. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I stayed for one night so I didn't get to use the common room however it looked like a welcoming area. The hostel it's self is very cool and I would recommend this to anyone needing budget accommodation in Dublin for either long or short stay, it's friendly, clean and right in the centre of Dublin - I couldn't have asked for better!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenna B
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Along with 50 other students from my study association, we stayed in Sky Backpackers during our time in Dublin (7 days). The hostel is really excellent! The rooms are nice and clean, the showers are big and warm, the kitchen is great and the hostel overal is very enjoyable. My fellow study mates also found the hostel really great, everything looked clean and tidy and also very modern and friendly, as was the staff. We really enjoyed our week at Sky Backpackers and I personally will come back to Sky Backpackers during my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent location near O'Connel Street, just some metres from the river. Walking distance from Trinity College and Temple Bar, definitely a place to stay if coming back to Dublin. We rent a private double room with private bathroom and it was enough for the 2 nights we stayed, at an average of 25 euros per person per night. No elevators for those who bring huge luggage. The room and the bathroom could have had some place to put things, but it was clean, warm and quite. We could also leave our bags before leaving to the airport. The best was the staff of the hostel, especially Domenico, who informed us about places to go to eat, bars to go out and to have drinks. He was very helpful and kind. Thanks so much Domenico!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends