“Great location - okish rooms!”

Handels Hotel Temple Bar
Ranked #55 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days Oct/Nov 2013. Room was ok size but bathroom was huge!! Nice and clean. Church Bells can be heard from hotel with windows open so take earplugs. Location is great for nightlife and temple bar but far enough to avoid the pub noise. The hotels restaurant Corks serves fabulous food I would highly recommend. I found all staff friendly and thought the reception, lounge and bar were identical to the photos on the website. I would recommend if u want a mid priced hotel with a good location and ur only in the room to sleep and get changed.

• Stayed: November 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

A bit disappointed looks alot different online, renovated which is great but still needs work,
handle on window was broke which let in a cold breeze and more noise from the streets than you could already hear.cold tap wouldnt turn off.
Breakfast was such a let down as we had a long working day ahead. Scrambled egg wasnt cooked one half slice of toast each just wasnt up to hotel standard.
lights were not working upstairs in breakfast area and was also very cold breeze I assume was the air con. Had a real dreary feel no music no atmosphere.
Staff friendly but just not up to scratch its the small things that make a difference.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank elaineb1993
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was a fantastic central hotel in Temple Bar. It was down the quite end. Our last stay was at the other end of Temple Bar, so we weren't as bothered by the loud revellers at night. Still, take your ear plugs, as the street cleaners can be noisy. The bells from Christchurch are peaceful, but I know they can annoy some people. The staff were overly accommodating, and they helped us out with discounted parking, and other discounted tickets for attractions around Dublin. We were not charged to keep our bags for a while upon checkout. The room was clean, warm and the bathroom was very clean. I would stay here again if I were in Dublin. We didn't take up the Breakfast service in the hotel, as it is in the same block as the Queen of Tarts, the best little cafe in Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was my very first trip to Dublin so I was open to any recommendations from the brilliant staff. Ruth happened to be at the reception every time I approached to seek advice, and she gave me the bestest place to go! Even my Irish friend was very jealous that I got to have the best dinners in my very limited time in Dublin! The room was very spacious, it was for a single person use but could easily be for two persons. The bathroom was also very spacious with long bathtub which was so relaxing after a whole day walking and exploring the city. I am looking already very much forward to going back to this hotel and further exploring Dublin!

Room Tip: My room happened to be right next to the elevator and the mechanical noise woke me up a couple of ti...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

In Dublin for a gig. This wonderful little diamond was amazing! Clinically clean. Charming, helpful staff. Great bar (thanks for putting up with us)! Incredible value for money. Right in the middle of Temple Bar. Great bedroom, bathroom, wifi, mini bar (!!), TV, iPod dock. Too hungover for breakfast, but my friends said it was great. Could not fault it! Will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

What a great find central to everything,fantastic value, this quirky hotel has a great atmosphere. This is due to the friendly helpful staff, that make the bar and the restaurant great to hang out in they also do an amazing breakfast - well worth paying the extra for. We will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Probably the nicest hotel I've stayed in over the last six months. I am a masters student in DIT and would stay in Dublin hotels weekly, and none have made as good an impression as this. From the moment I walked in the door I was treated really well by the concierge who was very friendly and answered all my questions expertly. I joked with him about the hotel I had stayed in the week before that was absolutely appalling. So you can imagine how happy i was too find out how good this hotel is AND it was cheaper than last weeks one.

For me, its all the small extra features. Free wi-fi, iron, alarm clock (with ipod connection), hairdryer, kettle (with mugs, not cups), massive double bed that could probably fit 4 people and a brilliant power shower. Room was reasonably big and impeccable. I don't think i need to search for Dublin hotels anymore, this one is top notch!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo